Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 18, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #9,678 of 64,229
Good to know that they agreed. The description was so misleading and I totally see someone pulling the joint hard after reading that. 

In fact, when ATE was first launched lot people here thought that the connector was removable. Chinese sites don't help much in describing everything anyway. So it was a matter of mystery till first head fier here got those and confirmed that it wasn't removable.

Another +1 for monks, now I have no doubt to believe in it. Thanks for your impression too. 

Wow you're going to love the X2! That small thing is a beast and a VFM champ in DAPs. I love mine.
+1 here too. For an Earbud Headphone they are remarkably good. For me, bass could be a little more pronounced, and treble just a little less sibilance, but overall (and for this money) it's a great set which should be added to your collection

Feb 18, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #9,679 of 64,229
Anyone know if these fit the Monks?

http://earhoox.com/?utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=sas

earbud-black.png

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #9,680 of 64,229
  Anyone know if these fit the Monks?

http://earhoox.com/?utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=sas

earbud-black.png

I bought them and they fit fine but still didn't work out for me.
frown.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #9,681 of 64,229
  I bought them and they fit fine but still didn't work out for me.
frown.gif

Hate to hear that, I'm mostly wondering if the Hoox lock them into place pretty good. Can't stand them floating around in my ear cavity
blink.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #9,682 of 64,229

Hate to hear that, I'm mostly wondering if the Hoox lock them into place pretty good. Can't stand them floating around in my ear cavity
blink.gif

Yea too bad they can't stay in place seemed like they might sound pretty good...
mad.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #9,683 of 64,229
Check the Monk thread folks! Me and some others have found a good fit with the buds angled - so not 'plop the buds in and let them sit where they would normally / where they want to. If you check my posts in that thread, I made a more thorough description of how I made the fit work for me including a few pics - I took a few notes out of fellow headfier Ozkan's book. I can imagine the Earhooks not really working out because those wouldn't enable you to change the angle of the buds. I also found other accessories on AliExpress (silicone rubber rings & caps for earbuds) that should work theoretically. Some should be arriving here any time now, when they do I'll share my experiences in the Monk thread.

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #9,684 of 64,229
Hello all KZ fans :) I've browsed this thread and decided to buy KZ ATE, I got them 2 days ago and bad luck, the left earphone is louder than the right one (with the mic)... have you had such problems?

ps
VE MONKS rule :) got them too and they are brilliant 

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #9,686 of 64,229
Hello all KZ fans :) I've browsed this thread and decided to buy KZ ATE, I got them 2 days ago and bad luck, the left earphone is louder than the right one (with the mic)... have you had such problems?

ps
VE MONKS rule :) got them too and they are brilliant 

Its the channel imbalance.....what happens when you press the mic button,any change? Btw you almost waited for 12 long years to post your first comment. :) wishing yougood luck to make your wallet skinny in 12 months. :D

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #9,687 of 64,229
Its the channel imbalance.....what happens when you press the mic button,any change? Btw you almost waited for 12 long years to post your first comment. :) wishing yougood luck to make your wallet skinny in 12 months.
biggrin.gif

Oh wow! Just noticed that lol. 
POWER OF KZ THREAD xD 

Makes 12 year old joiner to log in n post. Well it was regarding the defective pair though lol so not absolutely glorious right?

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #9,688 of 64,229
Oh yes an uber-lurker! :D I had a laugh about that too, the truth is I forgot about my account I had created here years ago and was reminded about it when I tried to create a "new one",
earlier I just browsed the forums looking for some info :)

Ok, playing with the mic helps nothing, listening to music either from my phone or from my pc, there is still some 30-40% difference in loudness between the earphones which means I got a faulty pair. Well, I will contact the seller - the official KZ shop and we will see what they have to say about it
Fortunately I also got VE MONK so my anger has been eased, I am a MONKophile now!  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back