Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 9, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #9,557 of 63,874
  For those who were interested in a size comparison between the EDR2 and HDS3:

Haven't listened to the HDS3 yet so I can't give any comparisons.

Miniaturized, lol! Nice.

I just did HDS1 vs HDS3 comparison using splitter, making sure that there's enough current to drive both (used Topping NX1).

My findings as follows, Please keep in mind that these are initial impressions of HDS3 and I'm using only one side of HDS3 which as @shawn71 suggested :

1. HDS3 had better micro details
2. HDS3 sound airier
3. HDS3 has more punch in bass

Can't comment on soundstage yet, for which I'll need both sides of earphone working correctly.

Verdict : Overall in my opinion HDS3 is an upgrade over HDS1 not only in build quality but also in sound quality. Both have similar sound signature.

That's a damn shame that we both have THE SAME ISSUE! I feel that something went amiss in their production line and ruined either all the HDS3 or just our batch (1st batch, I assume). My left side is practically useless.

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #9,558 of 63,874
  Miniaturized, lol! Nice.

That's a damn shame that we both have THE SAME ISSUE! I feel that something went amiss in their production line and ruined either all the HDS3 or just our batch (1st batch, I assume). My left side is practically useless.

Exactly.... let's see how the dispute goes. I really want a good piece of HDS3.

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #9,559 of 63,874
Update on my S3's.
I ordered Grey with the new black cable and received the same clear, old KZ cable. The seller came through in the end though and shipped me a replacement in Grey with the black cable! Only issue is it's the mic version and I didn't need a mic. 

Oh well the seller http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1819706 corrected the problem and deserves the credit...I'll buy from them again if needed in the future.

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #9,560 of 63,874
  Update on my S3's.
I ordered Grey with the new black cable and received the same clear, old KZ cable. The seller came through in the end though and shipped me a replacement in Grey with the black cable! Only issue is it's the mic version and I didn't need a mic. 

Oh well the seller http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1819706 corrected the problem and deserves the credit...I'll buy from them again if needed in the future.

I'll take the mic version..
rolleyes.gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #9,561 of 63,874
  Update on my S3's.

Hmm. I also ordered the S3 from the same vendor on Feb. 3rd. However, I don't care about cable type, as long as it is the proper S3 (if really different from other ED3s).

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #9,563 of 63,874

I have the Monk's but can not get them to sit where they need to for proper sq. They seem to have promise but the fit (or lack of) caused me to pretty much give up on them. 
frown.gif

I just received mine, and I'm struggling with the same problem. If I push them against my ears they sound good, but that's not really very practical.. I've been trying to find some kind of silicone nozzles or whatever to see if I can get a better fit, but so far no luck..

Anyway, getting off topic :)

That`s why I`m probably going to make wooden IEM from them
tongue.gif

Sorry for little more OT

I just did HDS1 vs HDS3 comparison using splitter, making sure that there's enough current to drive both (used Topping NX1).

My findings as follows, Please keep in mind that these are initial impressions of HDS3 and I'm using only one side of HDS3 which as @shawn71 suggested :

2. HDS3 sound airier

Can't comment on soundstage yet, for which I'll need both sides of earphone working correctly.

Verdict : Overall in my opinion HDS3 is an upgrade over HDS1 not only in build quality but also in sound quality. Both have similar sound signature.

That`s really "bad" teasing! -.- I think I want HDS3

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #9,566 of 63,874

2. HDS3 sound airier

Verdict : Overall in my opinion HDS3 is an upgrade over HDS1 not only in build quality but also in sound quality. Both have similar sound signature.

Is it more v shaped (hds3)?

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #9,567 of 63,874

Hmm. I also ordered the S3 from the same vendor on Feb. 3rd. However, I don't care about cable type, as long as it is the proper S3 (if really different from other ED3s).

I see zero physical difference between my blue ED3 Acme Youth and the first S3 I received other than the color of the body. Both are marked the same (ED3 The Acme) nowhere does it say S3.
The replacement S3 I received does have a black cable but other than that if someone said all 3 are just KZ ED3 Acme's you'd never know different. What's weird is after a quick listen I may prefer the ED3 over either S3! I've been doing a lot of tip swapping lately so I need to decide on a tip for all 3, hopefully the same, and do a proper listening comparison. More to come...

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #9,568 of 63,874
Is it more v shaped (hds3)?

I guess not. In absolute terms HDS3 is mildly v shaped. Vocals aren't veiled or hidden.

I'll reiterate my previous assumption... These sound very Tenore like. Similar warm, airy sound with sweet vocals.

My kz zs1 arrived with a different box... Hope this is genuine kz product.
cf028acc3881c487b877c009caa400c4.jpg

afb95733b892dca7a29b42eb14f2e1c9.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Pls post your impressions too :)

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #9,570 of 63,874
Hey guys long time no talk.

How's everyone getting along with their KZ purchases?

The ZN1 mini is pretty sweet from the few times I jammed it, and the hds3 is pretty decent as well.

Still there's something about the HDS1 and Ed9 that gets most of my KZ listening time.

Cheers fellas (and ladies)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back