Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 12, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #9,586 of 63,900
  Hi guys,bit new to this.Recently got the ED9 and there was a strange assortment of eartips in the box. The s/m/l tips weren't the "red core" hybrid ones I had seen in a previous <a href="http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/accessories/review-kz-ed9-kz-ate-ear-headphones-t3119184">xda review</a> and the middle size was just missing.

Instead there were two hybrid tips on the filters which were the same size and a separate bag of foam tips.

Is this normal? and does it actually make a difference?

Yes that's how i received mine.

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #9,587 of 63,900
Read good things about the KZ ZN1. Best bang for buck? Or a different candidate in this price range. Recently bought the Joyroom E107 and the **** UE. And already got the Xiaomi Piston 2, 3 and hybrid.

How do you like the Joyroom? 

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #9,588 of 63,900
Yes that's how i received mine.

Yep, I have found a real mixed bag on what tips you might get with my AliEx KZ sellers. Tips are usually the least of my worries though as I almost always use some other tips I have:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #9,589 of 63,900
Yep, I have found a real mixed bag on what tips you might get with my AliEx KZ sellers. Tips are usually the least of my worries though as I almost always use some other tips I have:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Me too...I have a egg carton I use to separate and store my tips, works well. I've been trying the stock Puro and Auvio tips on everything and am really impressed with both. I just realized I haven't tried either on my ED9's!! I've switched out 2 pairs of iem's to the Puro tips and 3 pairs to the Auvio. A discernible increase in sq for me. 

Feb 12, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #9,590 of 63,900
Still, there can be some surprises among tips. It`s good to have large collection of tips and not to put all the bets on 2-3 favourites, imho.
For example, while JVC Spiral Dot and one no-name tips are my favs, I got really big change in SQ with Huawei Honor tips @ WOM-mod.
Before it was almost on par with ATE-FF mod but now I`m clearly favouring WOM-mod over it. It`s perfect seal/fit/comfort/SQ with those tips and this particular IEM.

Feb 12, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #9,591 of 63,900
  Still, there can be some surprises among tips. It`s good to have large collection of tips and not to put all the bets on 2-3 favourites, imho.
For example, while JVC Spiral Dot and one no-name tips are my favs, I got really big change in SQ with Huawei Honor tips @ WOM-mod.
Before it was almost on par with ATE-FF mod but now I`m clearly favouring WOM-mod over it. It`s perfect seal/fit/comfort/SQ with those tips and this particular IEM.

Exactly, I don't think some realize just how much tips can change the iem signature but I'll also says sometime it's not real discern-able right off the bat, you really need to play through complete tracks and especially ones you know very well. Coil if I've not said it before I love your mod work on your iem's
beerchug.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #9,592 of 63,900

I saw the spiral dots and ordered them right up but haven't found an iem they work with for me. I also think they may be just a touch too small as I'm finding although I always used small tips I'm getting a better seal and good results with medium or medium\small.
I had already gone through all my iem's and installed the best sounding tips (for me) but when I got the Puro's in I really liked the way the tips felt and they looked to be very well made. I contacted the company and received a spare set of tips so I was able to try them with my other iem's. Some with great results. Now with the Auvio tips I'm finding an improvement even over the Puro's. Does it end?

BTW Do you use spiral dots on any of your KZ's? 

Just subscribed to the tip rolling thread and saw those Huawei's...guess you have to buy the hp to get the tips and Coil did you get a variety of sizes??

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #9,593 of 63,900

That FF mod looks dope.. You can literally sell it for more than 100bucks :)

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #9,594 of 63,900
quick question guys ! i got edse , ed8m , ed9 ,ed3 ,hsd1 but have heard good things about zn1 and zn1 mini! so which one should i get now?

one more question : got these also "xb90ex" , how does zs1 compared to xb90? anything for basshead in KZ series?

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #9,595 of 63,900
quick question guys ! i got edse , ed8m , ed9 ,ed3 ,hsd1 but have heard good things about zn1 and zn1 mini! so which one should i get now?

one more question : got these also "xb90ex" , how does zs1 compared to xb90? anything for basshead in KZ series?

I have had XB90EX.
I will definitely recommend ZN1mini as an upgrade over XB90EX.

You will get the big soundstage as XB90EX in addition to tighter bass, batter highs and mids with ZN1mini.

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #9,596 of 63,900
I have had XB90EX.
I will definitely recommend ZN1mini as an upgrade over XB90EX.

You will get the big soundstage as XB90EX in addition to tighter bass, batter highs and mids with ZN1mini.

Just stating an opposing opinion, I think my XB90 is better than the ZN1 Mini in nearly all ways except bass quantity with flat EQ. Both are still well worth their price. For me, a bass impact speed is more important that quantity, and the XB90 just has that speed.

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #9,597 of 63,900

Coil if I've not said it before I love your mod work on your iem's
beerchug.gif

Thanks!

BTW Do you use spiral dots on any of your KZ's? 

Yes, I have smallest size JVC`s and I use them occasionally with ATE and ED10. I don`t know what size JVC`s You have but they offer s/sm/m/ml/l tips and maybe You should try different size?

Just subscribed to the tip rolling thread and saw those Huawei's...guess you have to buy the hp to get the tips and Coil did you get a variety of sizes??

Yes, unfortunately they don`t sell those tips anywhere independently. They come with 3 sizes and smallest ones have little longer "tube".
I`m waiting now for Huast H10 iem for similar tips. Will give feedback on tip-rolling thread when I get them.

That FF mod looks dope.. You can literally sell it for more than 100bucks
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL, thanks!
tongue.gif

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #9,598 of 63,900

My vote would be the Mini:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::beers:

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #9,599 of 63,900
Just stating an opposing opinion, I think my XB90 is better than the ZN1 Mini in nearly all ways except bass quantity with flat EQ. Both are still well worth their price. For me, a bass impact speed is more important that quantity, and the XB90 just has that speed.

Your opinion would be more credible than mine because mine is from memory. And anyway my XB90 was aged when I decided to retire it... Maybe the sound degraded with time. Tge rubber quality used for covering sides isn't good and one of the caps of my XB90 came off. Had to superglue it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back