Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 10, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #8,866 of 64,166

Not at all relative. Why the need to be so defensive when someone says the ED9 is a trebly sibilance-y IEM?
Both are good but I rather buy the 668B because it's fantastic. The S3 is good as a monitor and the 668B has nice warmth. Just buy both of them lol.

"Why be so defensive" Dude why be so sensitive? I enjoy my ED9 and don't find it "sibilance-y" it's a great sounding iem IMO. Your the one making the broad stroke statements. 
Check my sig I own the 668 lol.

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #8,867 of 64,166
I think I'll get the ED3c, ED4, and HDS1. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #8,868 of 64,166
Jan 10, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #8,870 of 64,166
A friend of mine has an ED9 but I didn't really like it so I'll give the ED4 a shot. I was once a basshead but ever since I've had my B3P1 and Carbo Tenore my preferences have changed.
I've have ed4 for a while now. Not the best sound KZ. Seems lifeless, like the music has no tone to it. I had high hopes for those.

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #8,873 of 64,166
  You own the 668B and 681 Evo? Which do you like better?

Prob the EVO...it's a very fun listen. The EVO needs the foam mod to tame some excessive low end (details on the EVO forum) but after the mod it sounds great especially for the price.
The 668b needs some serious burn-in but after, is also very good for the price. I use the velour pads with both, don't listen to them much with the DT880's & HD600's on hand but they are a nice option to have and are pretty easy to drive.

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #8,874 of 64,166
i had the ate for 3-4 months, but the right cable is broken, now im thinking on getting the same, or another similar but with less bass, i found the ate was nearly perfect to me (for the price) but a little bassy, any suggestion ? i was thinkin on get the ed9

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #8,875 of 64,166
  i had the ate for 3-4 months, but the right cable is broken, now im thinking on getting the same, or another similar but with less bass, i found the ate was nearly perfect to me (for the price) but a little bassy, any suggestion ? i was thinkin on get the ed9

Great choice IMO. You also get the option of the different nozzles which is nice. I have the ATE's and they are good...a little dark and rolled off but smooth and enjoyable to be sure. I'd say the HDS1 and ED3 Youth are worth a listen also. I have the S3 en-route and have heard good things about them but withhold any opinions until I burn them in and spend some time tip rolling.

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #8,876 of 64,166
Great choice IMO. You also get the option of the different nozzles which is nice. I have the ATE's and they are good...a little dark and rolled off but smooth and enjoyable to be sure. I'd say the HDS1 and ED3 Youth are worth a listen also. I have the S3 en-route and have heard good things about them but withhold any opinions until I burn them in and spend some time tip rolling.

I second the Cad on this:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: that new black ED9 is saxy too:beers:

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #8,877 of 64,166

thanks, what about the hds2 ?
i think i gonna buy the ed9 and another one

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #8,878 of 64,166
Dave doesn't have one. All this while he was in fact referring to mine which I let him try. Anyway I don't think I would want to buy another ED9 just to confirm whether it's really defective or not. I'm pretty happy with the S3 at the moment.

Wait this member was making these statements and doesn't even own the hp? This can't be so...

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #8,879 of 64,166
  thanks, what about the hds2 ?
i think i gonna buy the ed9 and another one

I'm sorry but that's one KZ I don't actually own. Other members may be able to give opinions though...

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #8,880 of 64,166
  Prob the EVO...it's a very fun listen. The EVO needs the foam mod to tame some excessive low end (details on the EVO forum) but after the mod it sounds great especially for the price.
The 668b needs some serious burn-in but after, is also very good for the price. I use the velour pads with both, don't listen to them much with the DT880's & HD600's on hand but they are a nice option to have and are pretty easy to drive.

cool.gif
CAD you just answered my question: why the heck are you playing around with a $50 pair of Headphones when you Have a Pair of Senns? I adore my 600's. In fact I've grown to like them better than my 650's which are just a tad too veiled. If I want bright I just throw in my AKG 701's or 702's and I'm there. I did the Bass mod on the 702's so now they are a little fuller sounding like the Quincys.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back