Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 11, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #8,896 of 64,386
Hey! I`m back from vacation! ;P If someone bothers, then fast feedback about new KZ IEM would be nice. As far as I remember last one I heard of was HDS1. Any newcomer that is on/above SQ level of ED9 / ATE-b / ED10 / HDS1 / ZN1 / ANV ?

new modes?,yes....hds2,zn1 mini,zs1,ed3 youth,ed4,ate-s,ed9 black.

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #8,898 of 64,386
ATE-S sounds different than ATE-b ? If, then what`s the difference?
Also, ED9S (black) any different from original ED9?

Sorry if my questions are annoying... too many pages to read backwards :wink:

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #8,903 of 64,386
Just for the record. No one is judged for what they like or don't like here. We merely offer suggestions. Currently listening to ed11 with spiral-dot tips and sound is fantastic. Though quite expensive, more than the price of most kz's actually. I get the best results with them.

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #8,904 of 64,386
  not the ed9 ==

I meant kz ate-s

Oh. No. I mean the KZ ATE-b, does it exist even? ATE-S is far bassier than the ATE.
Just for the record. No one is judged for what they like or don't like here. We merely offer suggestions. Currently listening to ed11 with spiral-dot tips and sound is fantastic. Though quite expensive, more than the price of most kz's actually. I get the best results with them.
The ED11 is 10$ last I checked? anyway the ED11 is a customized ED10 from the shops not KZ themselves. @cr0wnest has a ED11 and I have a ED10 and our collective opinion is that it's ... hopeless. Worse than plain out don't like but just ... ya. Disappointing.

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #8,905 of 64,386
HDS 3 looks enticing! With already lovely looks and ergonomics of HDS1, now even better with aluminium body I'm definitely getting one.
Hopefully it'll have the similar driver. The nice balanced sound sig of HDS1 stands out in the KZ lineup.

Has anybody received it? Would appreciate some comments.

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #8,907 of 64,386
To clarify, ATE-b is known as ATE 2nd edition with black (b) enclosure. But now I should use different naming as I called ATE silver version also as new ATE-S. The grill-modded version I called ATE-GM and wood-modded ATE-FF ("Forest fairy" mod).

Did littlebit reading and atm I think my to buy list will be following (by buying order):
1. HDS1
2. ED4
3. HDS2
4. HDS3
5. ED3 (Acme)

Next month... shopping time...
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #8,908 of 64,386
To clarify, ATE-b is known as ATE 2nd edition with black (b) enclosure. But now I should use different naming as I called ATE silver version also as new ATE-S. The grill-modded version I called ATE-GM and wood-modded ATE-FF ("Forest fairy" mod).

Did littlebit reading and atm I think my to buy list will be following (by buying order):
1. HDS1
2. ED4
3. HDS2
4. HDS3
5. ED3 (Acme)

Next month... shopping time... :p

Might I politely suggest skipping the HDS2? I'm pretty forgiving of flawed earphones, but they're not worth the cash unless you need spare eartips for an EPH-100. Great soundstage, but so very veiled. Quite the disappointment :frowning2:

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #8,909 of 64,386
I already put it out there and yet you feel the need to correct my opinion  It's highly regarded but what if a trained ear who looks for a neutral signature and a top end that doesn't sound like "teeth"? That wasn't going to happen and it's not like the source is to blame either I've used the same source for over a billion IEMs and my phone is highly regarded as a neutral good driver of any IEMs.
Also it's not my first time buying a KZ either. You could call my KZ collection vast.

Dude no one is correcting you we just aren't agreeing with you. If your trained ear, over billion iem's and phone say the ED9 isn't for you I'm fine with that. I happen to like the ED9 ok?
Let's move on...

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #8,910 of 64,386

Originally Posted by CoiL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. HDS1
2. ED4
3. HDS2
4. HDS3
5. ED3 (Acme)

Next month... shopping time...
tongue.gif

Might I politely suggest skipping the HDS2? I'm pretty forgiving of flawed earphones, but they're not worth the cash unless you need spare eartips for an EPH-100. Great soundstage, but so very veiled. Quite the disappointment
frown.gif

HDS2 is so very veiled? Hmmm... I`m soundstage junkie... but how does this "veilness" compare to ATE (2nd black version) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back