Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 26, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #5,986 of 64,402
  Received my ED10 yesterday. OTB with those wide bore blue tips they sound very nice, better than the ATE (IMHO), easily could compare with my gears at 3~4 time the price. But them i decide to use my beloved ortofon silicon tips on them and HOLLY MOLLY! Highs are a little sharper (but nowhere aggressive in any way!) and seems more airier, everything seems to have more "space"; the bass although giving me the impression of being tighter, now has a really nice texture added to it and gives me the impression of going deeper than with the blue tips!

Very very impressed! How this things cost this low?

Can those ortofon silicon tips be bought on their own ?

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #5,987 of 64,402

Can those ortofon silicon tips be bought on their own ?

Yes they can, but unfortunately they will cost another ED10 for 1 pair
frown.gif

I was lucky to have them from my defunct E-Q5 and are my best tips, always sound good with everything i throw them at but unfortunately they are wide bore made of very soft silicon and slip out most out from most nozzles. Not the case with the ED10 thought, fit very snug in the nozzle and are very confortable with great seal!   

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #5,989 of 64,402
I still doubt it will be able to "beat" modded ATE SQ but I`ll see/hear soon
rolleyes.gif

Aug 26, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #5,993 of 64,402
  Because this is with amps, the ordinary user will not like to wear this headphone, and if they are insensitive at sound, will pay more attention to other parts, will didn't think this is a good headphone, just this.

Thanks. I'm a kind of person who enjoys music lying down on the bed at night and love ATE so i don't have to worry about wires and stuff. also wanted to buy an amp so i guess this should be my starting point.

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #5,994 of 64,402
@Horton

Does the ZN1 also work with disabled amplifier and when it runs out of battery?

@Horton
I would also like to know if the ZN1 works passively (like a normal earphone) when the amp is switched off (ordered one as well)! It would be great if the off switch bypasses the amp entirely.

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #5,996 of 64,402
How is KZ ED9 when compared to piston 3?
Need new iem
Looking for bass,clarity and durability

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

I have the Piston 2 and ED9 and they are different with the Piston 2 having gobs of bass and the ED9 fantastic detail. I think the ED10 might be right for you but the ED9 is a great hp IMO.

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #5,997 of 64,402
How is KZ ED9 when compared to piston 3?
Need new iem
Looking for bass,clarity and durability

I have the Piston 2 and ED9 and they are different with the Piston 2 having gobs of bass and the ED9 fantastic detail. I think the ED10 might be right for you but the ED9 is a great hp IMO.

Ed10 is not available
Piston 3,Ed 9 and es8m only..
Which one is better

Aug 26, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #5,998 of 64,402
I'm trying very hard to convince myself and make sense on purchasing the ZN1. Wouldn't it make some weight to carry that little amp/booster gadget hanging from the earphones? I kind of like the earphones themselves and hope they can make the same one without that amp/booster gadget hanging off the wires like that. The earphones itself looks pretty sweet though.

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #5,999 of 64,402
I assume the amp itself is very lightweight as it is made out of plastic (probably FiiO E6 weight and iIrc, the battery has got a capacity of only 200 mAh) and as the cables are worn around the ears, that should take away some weight and pull, too.

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #6,000 of 64,402
cool.gif
First thing I would have to ask myself is WHY do they Need their own power source. Are they so hard to drive they sound like Dookie without it?

I'm very apprehensive about these. I will wait to see what others think. I've gotten rid of More Earphones because of High Impedance (over 32 Ohms) than any other reason. INVARIABLY when you Boost these small Drivers with an outside amp they Distort before you can reach ant real moderate volume.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back