Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 25, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #5,959 of 63,978
  The KZ Psychic ZN1 is on sale (61% off) on AliExpress, only less than 19 hours are remaining (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-Psychic-ZN1-Smart-Tunable-Dual-Driver-In-ear-Headphones-with-Built-in-Amplifier-and-Microphone/1358152_32444083695.html).

After I had surprisingly great experience with the ATE, I think I'm gonna buy this one, too. The built-in equalizer/amp thing with display sounds interesting, and it's got a dual-bore nozzle as well.

Am I only one who thinks, looking at real-world pics, that nozzle is too short? And seems to use same cable as with ED9 brown cable (absolutely worst IEM cable I know)?
rolleyes.gif

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #5,960 of 63,978
  Am I only one who thinks, looking at real-world pics, that nozzle is too short?

Hmm, that's a good point; haven't noticed that. But we'll see.

And seems to use same cable as with ED9 brown cable (absolutely worst IEM cable I know)?
rolleyes.gif

If the ED9's cable feels like the ATE's cable, I don't think that it is bad at all, just a bit too rubbery (I don't have the ED9, just the ATE as I ordered it out of curiosity without expecting much for ~$10).

Edit: seems like the ZN1 doesn't come with a carrying case either...

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #5,961 of 63,978
ED9 brown cable is much worse than ATE colourful cable, imho.

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #5,963 of 63,978
Something I really miss on my ATE is a chin-slider above the Y-split. As that part is fairly long, it isn't really comfortable when laying on the back as the golden "eggs" that add weight are bouncing around with the slightest head movement.

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #5,965 of 63,978
@EarTips

Your tip with the AliExpress App was worth a mint, thank you! There are other items that have got massive discount that is only accessible through the App.

Seems like the $4 coupon "giveaway" is different with the German AliExpress App/website: it's only applicable on orders (including bundles) in the app that exceed a value of $29, and only 50 coupons are given per hour ("first come, first serve"). I think I'll order the ZN1, ED9 and EDSE. There's not much that could go wrong for ~$30, ~$10 and ~$9.

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #5,967 of 63,978
Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker and first time poster on this thread. KZ intrigues me, though I've never tried a pair. Now that KZ is available on amazon with prime, I have decided I'm ready to take a dive into KZ.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011KQMDZC/ref=pd_aw_sbs_107_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1DF37CXFXMEFWHSAN1BZ

Would you guys mind helping me find a pair that suits me?
I would like the earphone with the most detail retreival, the most accuracy. I have an affinity toward analytical sound, and I'm quite picky about my treble.
My favorite headphones are my AKG K545, and my favorite earphones were my Etymotic HF5, before they broke.
I do also like warm sounds, so long as they have worthy treble detail and air, such as my MH1C, before it also broke.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #5,969 of 63,978
Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker and first time poster on this thread. KZ intrigues me, though I've never tried a pair. Now that KZ is available on amazon with prime, I have decided I'm ready to take a dive into KZ.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011KQMDZC/ref=pd_aw_sbs_107_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1DF37CXFXMEFWHSAN1BZ

Would you guys mind helping me find a pair that suits me?
I would like the earphone with the most detail retreival, the most accuracy. I have an affinity toward analytical sound, and I'm quite picky about my treble.
My favorite headphones are my AKG K545, and my favorite earphones were my Etymotic HF5, before they broke.
I do also like warm sounds, so long as they have worthy treble detail and air, such as my MH1C, before it also broke.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I would have to suggest the ED9, I have the ED9 & ED10 (and also the EDse). Without question detail is in ED9's wheelhouse. One word of caution...let them burn-in for a while as out of the package mine sounded aweful. Almost threw them away aweful...now I love them and have ordered another as backup just in case.

You may also like the ED10 but I am a very analytical listener and gravitate toward the ED9. I have not heard the ANV or ATE so someone else may want to chime in. 

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #5,970 of 63,978
My buddy bought ED10's and now he has to order two more pairs because his sister and dad want one too! I tried them for a minute,they sure have a stronger bass than EDSE/ED2 .Also 13 days to Serbia shipped from China ,RECORD SPEED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back