Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 27, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #6,016 of 63,834
when it runs out of battery, could make phone call, the volume adjustment and amps relevant function is not work, could use as normal dual driver headphone.
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

You are welcome, this is the more details:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-ZN1-Headphones-Housing-Structure/1358152_32441079114.html
The ZN1 is redesign of dual driver headphone, the most impressed me is the dual driver "system". Didn't know if worth its price, haha
deadhorse.gif

ohhhh, so those $1000 listings were actually extra product descriptions for the ZN1.. I never actually clicked into it haha
Thanks for addressing our questions!

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #6,018 of 63,834
Aug 27, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #6,020 of 63,834
Prior to finding this forum, I purchased the KZ A1 (for $18). Sadly the seller said he didn't have them anymore and offered me KZ RX ($22). I'm not overly fond of the design, but having read the few pages here, it seems like waste of money since much cheaper ED10s seem to be good enough (?). I quite like the KZ R1 ($21) design, are those any good?

What am asking basically is whether $20 KZs are worth it (if yes, then RX or R1?), or if i should just cancel the order and get cheaper ones.

Aug 27, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #6,021 of 63,834
  Prior to finding this forum, I purchased the KZ A1 (for $18). Sadly the seller said he didn't have them anymore and offered me KZ RX ($22). I'm not overly fond of the design, but having read the few pages here, it seems like waste of money since much cheaper ED10s seem to be good enough (?). I quite like the KZ R1 ($21) design, are those any good?

What am asking basically is whether $20 KZs are worth it (if yes, then RX or R1?), or if i should just cancel the order and get cheaper ones.

What sound signature are you looking for in the IEMs ?

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #6,023 of 63,834
Honestly, I don't know. I'm far from audiophile. I just want good headphones because my previous died.

If it helps I mostly listen to soundtrack music, rock, punkrock, and symphonic metal. 

You could probably give Ed10 a try. It has pretty good speed and clarity (quite surprising, really) without being really bright like the ed9.

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #6,026 of 63,834
You could probably give Ed10 a try. It has pretty good speed and clarity (quite surprising, really) without being really bright like the ed9.

I do not find the ED9 bright at all. I believe it can resolve detail very well but bright...no. If you have a descent source and the correct tips I find them to be my favorite Kz. I did experiment with different types of filters on the gold nozzles but actually enjoy the brass more (with stock filters in place).

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #6,028 of 63,834
Scrambler have you hear the GR's? With black and red nozzles? 

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #6,030 of 63,834
Scrambler have you hear the GR's? With black and red nozzles? 

Sorry man. That was one model I passed over. Was debating getting them for the extra filters to use with the ED9, but I passed on that idea too since the ED10 came about.

On the other hand, the KZ DS came in. The right driver is messed up, but from what i got from left driver only usage is that they slot in above the CM9 and R3 in my comparo. They have a similar signature to the ED series, but lack the refinement. The cable is also horrendously microphonic. Might swap in a better cable and new drivers because the housing is really comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back