Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 15, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #991 of 64,382
  In honor of the -LPS model releasing, I'll be selling my KZ-LP for a good price. The case and cables alone will be worth the price.

So will you get the LPS? 
biggrin.gif

Asked the seller about the LPS:

br1046475554(2014-10-15 22:40:23):
does it have acessories like the KZ LP?

cn1510805941(2014-10-15 22:42:11):
The sound quality and the material better than before.

br1046475554(2014-10-15 22:42:39):
and have this case too?

br1046475554(2014-10-15 22:42:42):
http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/32/900x900px-LL-32302743_image.jpeg

cn1510805941(2014-10-15 22:46:28):
Are you referring to the headphone storage box packaging it?

br1046475554(2014-10-15 22:47:38):
yes

cn1510805941(2014-10-15 22:48:35):

1. We have.

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #995 of 64,382
KZ ES Initial Impressions:

Received my KZ ES (THe Acme) today. My first KZ iem.

Box was like jumped from WWII, very cheap old looking materials on cardboard box and design is like a very huge matchbox. 

The iem housing is built like a tank. Heavy and quality material... I am impressed... I read that its made of copper. Cable is is also fairly good quality, also soft to touch. No chin slider...

OK now on sound: Sound is balanced. Soundstage is average. But nothing special on soundstage. Separation and imaging is below average IMO. Lacks some airiness... Although bass and midbass is present, lacks some subbass presence. Also, I was hoping good highs but its not delivering that... Mids detailing is average-below average and mid highs are slightly recessed. Sound quality is no where near the Tenore or Havi B3 Pro 1 level... It's a good purchase around 8 USD. But since I have some superior iem's I couldn't get pleasure from it. I will burn it for 50-100 hours and if nothing changes give it as a gift to a friend...

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #997 of 64,382
Postman brought DT3... darker and bass is the first apparent difference to ES. Kinda fatiguing in IEM for me, but someone might love it... ES remains my favorite of these three (EDSE, DT3). Can't bother to muster some fancy descriptive words, it just is.
tongue.gif
Others gave good descriptions already.

But yeah, keep in mind these cost ~10 dollars...

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #998 of 64,382
[COLOR=800080]KZ ES Initial Impressions:[/COLOR]

Box was like jumped from WWII, very cheap old looking materials on cardboard box and design is like a very huge matchbox. 

The iem housing is built like a tank. Heavy and quality material... I am impressed... I read that its made of copper. Cable is is also fairly good quality, also soft to touch. No chin slider...

OK now on sound: Sound is balanced. Soundstage is average. But nothing special on soundstage. Separation and imaging is below average IMO. Lacks some airiness... Although bass and midbass is present, lacks some subbass presence. Also, I was hoping good highs but its not delivering that... Mids detailing is average-below average and mid highs are slightly recessed. Sound quality is no where near the Tenore or Havi B3 Pro 1 level... It's a good purchase around 8 USD. But since I have some superior iem's I couldn't get pleasure from it. I will burn it for 50-100 hours and if nothing changes give it as a gift to a friend...

why no seperate thread started this time for KZ? especially title ending by "by baycode"...jk...... :D

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #1,000 of 64,382
KZ ES Initial Impressions:

Initially, that's the same way I depicted them out the box. They get way better after a good burn-in. But, try swapping the tips with round wide-bore foam tips and you'll definitely hear a big difference -Nicely balanced, airy and lively vocals, and overall good soundstage.

Hope it works for you.....and I agree with you, they are built like a tank!

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #1,004 of 64,382
Hi yeah, im interested in those ANV's, I think they might make a good pair of gym headphones. Hows the fit, Isolation and comfort? And ofcourse hows the sound and what type of sound signiture? Thanks.

I'd say the fit of ANV is below average and certainly I wouldn't recommend them for gym. EDSE might be a better choice for gym.

Oct 17, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #1,005 of 64,382
Looking for some inexpensive but impressive IEMs. Something that are pretty "fun" or neutral. My two main concerns are comfort, so would them to be small or possible angled nozzle? Along with being able to drive them, so low OHM and high sensitivity, right? As for what I listen to, I basically listen to everything, gaming movies, a lot of different music. My Narmoo's are to big and slightly harder to drive then I would like so looking for something else. I will literally just plug it into my IO on the back of my computer, so no amp or dac of any sort. Although, trying to find one.

Would the following be good contenders for what I mentioned?

KZ R1
KZ ED3

Can't seem to find the OHM's and sensitivity for EDSE, etc.

Posted this earlier in the thread but waited three or four days, so not to spam. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back