Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 13, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #961 of 64,392
Thinking I got same production run EDSE as Stovoker, can agree. But I also agree with what Hisoundfi can hear with ES... what doesn't sound right when you talk about EDSE and then comparing and preferring it to ES. With EDSE I hear overpowering bloaty ~subwhateverbass, then the veil Stovoker is talking about and harsh treble. ES fixes everything (again my only two IEMs, I really need to use some imagination here, I was ok with EDSE before getting ES, just things bothered, thought it's just how IEMs sound), exceeept does get similarly harsh with treble at times. This could annoy somebody, but it works with the overall sound of ES much better.

With the consideration that fit for me is such that ES pop in -> good fit right away... EDSE is fiddle, fiddle -> good now -> argh they moved -> fiddle -> **** it -> back to ES. My frustration is starting to color my judgement.
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #962 of 64,392
  Thinking I got same production run EDSE as Stovoker, can agree. But I also agree with what Hisoundfi can hear with ES... what doesn't sound right when you talk about EDSE and then comparing and preferring it to ES. With EDSE I hear harsh treble, overpowering bloaty ~subwhateverbass, then the veil Stovoker is talking about. ES fixes everything (again my only two IEMs, I really need to use some imagination here, I was ok with EDSE before getting ES just something bothered, thought it's just how IEMs sound), exceeept does get similarly harsh with treble at times. This could annoy somebody, but it works with the overall sound of ES much better.

With the consideration that fit for me is such that ES pop in -> good fit right away... EDSE is fiddle, fiddle -> good now -> argh they moved -> fiddle -> **** it -> back to ES. My frustration is starting to color my judgement.
tongue.gif

My KZ-ES works incredibly well with the 'round wide-bore foam tips'. It settles the spashy treble and makes them sound very fine and vivid.

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #965 of 64,392
My main grip with the kdse is the bloated bass. I actually enjoy the rest quite a bit so it's a shame with that overwhelming bass bloat.

Edit: For the price it's still a great performer, just that it's not my prefered tuning :wink:

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #966 of 64,392
Seems like there are issues across the highs, mids and lows from different ears with the EDSE. Guess preference plays a part and a couple that may have a production issues here.

Generally,which out of all the KZ models do you guys feels offers the best value. Need to stock up some as Christmas gifts and would appreciate some thoughts here. Also, hoping to keep to one model if possible. Just needed about 10 pairs while personally would pick up the SE and ES.

Thanks.

Oct 14, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #969 of 64,392

My KZ-ES works incredibly well with the 'round wide-bore foam tips'. It settles the spashy treble and makes them sound very fine and vivid.

I tried different tips and finally settled for foam tips and its exactly like what you said.... the treble is not so bright and it sounds so much better now... agree that sound stage wider than edse...
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #971 of 64,392
I have a question about dt3 - they advertise as having dual unit driver, what does that mean though? I'm pretty sure there's no dual dynamic thing going on, but what else could that mean? Any ideas? Also, which is the best kz iem ever? In terms of sound disregarding the preferences in signature)

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #973 of 64,392

I'll try to contribute some impressions once my other KZs (a GR and ANV) arrive. Problem is China seems to have a ridiculous week-long holiday and my order has been stalled. I may receive them on the last week of October at the earliest....

KZ-ES are my personal favorite 'dynamics' right now. And the metal housing it sits in, incredibly heavy duty!

I just ordered from an Aliexpress seller - not the KZ store, for $8.70 shipped. I'm skeptical to say the least but will keep try to keep an open mind when I test them. I'll post in 30 days or so when the China Post shipment arrives.

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #975 of 64,392
I just ordered these

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-Professional-5-8MM-the-limit-Fretting-circle-Ear-Headphones-music-earphone-apply-to-MP3-phone/1460035_2049370260.html

The seller is new, but offered a discount and a free box, hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back