Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 12, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #946 of 64,379

Yup, a fair few from bargain-basement JVC marshmallows to SH IE80, UE super fi 5 EB, Vsonic twins of VSD3/VSD3S etc, so covering a fair range of sound sigs and prices, but the KZ's are the worst and for some reason it doesn't correlate with what you guys are saying, despite having a good fit and seal...they sound incredibly veiled on everything bar treble. I don't think I have a dud pair...but something isn't right.

@Stovokor ,Wonderful collection !!! I saw you have the UE super fi 5 EB, I had one but somehow I lost it. I'd like one to replace mine. Do you have any suggestion? Currently, is there any one you know that is similar or better? Mainly, in the departament of bass. I still haven't found a replaced one with similar quality. I really liked its bass, after this one I have never heard anything like that.

Thanks in advance !!

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #948 of 64,379
This is bs, before I have placed an order every 1 were glorified the KZs, and now 2 days after they're no good!

Welcome to Head-fi. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #949 of 64,379
This is bs, before I have placed an order every 1 were glorified the KZs, and now 2 days after they're no good!
don't panic... try decaf :)

Oct 13, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #950 of 64,379
All I can say is EDSE not same as all of KZs...

If you read last pages, people are talking about DT3, ES, Micro, GR...

Personally I have no use for my EDSE after getting ES.

But I don't want to give false hope and my experience is completely limited.

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #952 of 64,379
Hello all, another newbie who'd like some advice. So far I've only had the models JVC Fx40, stock S3, Yaoge 063, and now KZ EDSE

I know this has been asked before just recently but which 4-5 models would you recommend for rock and metal? Just need to choose a number. When I received the EDSE I was a little disappointed and thought my Yaoges were definitely better. However I tried the only album I had closest to 'symphony' and I was just. Wowed. Vocals from all genres were definitely better, build quality excellent as others say. I'm no good with audiophile language, all I can say is that the guitars are what I care about the most, and for that the EDSE was not so good for rock music for me. This was out of the box of course, so two days after I'm not sure whether they were being 'burnt-in' or I was just appreciating them more, but yes they sound a lot better now.

So now I've just narrowed it down to CKW Pro/CKW 1000/GK ANV (ANV looks like newer model of either of CKWs), CM9, GR and R3. Thinking of buying ES and old ED3 too. Is the Micro Ring worth $12.60 for someone who isn't a basshead? So many, but so little $$. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #954 of 64,379
  @Stovokor ,Wonderful collection !!! I saw you have the UE super fi 5 EB, I had one but somehow I lost it. I'd like one to replace mine. Do you have any suggestion? Currently, is there any one you know that is similar or better? Mainly, in the departament of bass. I still haven't found a replaced one with similar quality. I really liked its bass, after this one I have never heard anything like that.

Thanks in advance !!

You have a pm :)

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #955 of 64,379
I really like my kzedse. My es has really harsh treble.

Maybe it's a source thing? Idk, going off of what I hear, the kzedse is a mids forward smooth sounding iem with warm sound, solid bass, and formidable treble. I noticed the price on them is dropping significantly. Seems like there has been many mixed reviews on them since the price dropped to virtually free.

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #957 of 64,379
Just curious, to those who don't like the sound of the kzedse, what is it that you don't like about them?

As I described in my other post, 

Bloated bass, splashy/fatiguing treble which frequently has me reaching for the volume button, and what seems like a veil over the whole frequency bar the treble, which makes things sound a little unnatural (guitars especially) and slightly 'off' somehow. Build quality however is spectacular, as is the wire/jack, maybe I can cannibalise it for something else, as the EDSE is pretty much unusable as it is.

To add to that, around 55hrs in to them, they still sound distant and recessed in the mids, but the treble is still ear piercing. If anybody is in the UK and wants my pair to try and see what I mean, just ask...no loss to me.

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #959 of 64,379
No EQ, I have tried from my PC, rockboxed Clip Zip and my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It's no big loss, I paid all of £4 for them, and worst that happens is I gift them or use the lovely wire for repairs if needed in the future 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back