Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #916 of 64,160
the es bass is more textured and full with better low end detail, midrange if fuller and more weight on the instruments , treble extension is abit more with better separation and soundstage. The edse is slightly less bass textures and thinner midrange plus clarity and more intimate soundstage :blush:

Oct 10, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #917 of 64,160
the es bass is more textured and full with better low end detail, midrange if fuller and more weight on the instruments , treble extension is abit more with better separation and soundstage. The edse is slightly less bass textures and thinner midrange plus clarity and more intimate soundstage :blush:
I respect your opinion and impressions friend, but I feel the opposite. Everything you described in regards to the es being superior I feel is the case with the edse.

Oct 10, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #919 of 64,160
I have to wonder if I am either expecting too much, or hearing something of an entirely different quality than you guys, as I have the KZ EDSE/ED2....and well...it's not very good.
Bloated bass, splashy/fatiguing treble which frequently has me reaching for the volume button, and what seems like a veil over the whole frequency bar the treble, which makes things sound a little unnatural (guitars especially) and slightly 'off' somehow. Build quality however is spectacular, as is the wire/jack, maybe I can cannibalise it for something else, as the EDSE is pretty much unusable as it is.

Oct 11, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #927 of 64,160

Hm... are you talking about 2 different models?  I know of the KZ -ES, and the KZ - ED SE, but not of the ES SE
confused.gif

But I found these:
KZ - ES with mic
KZ - SE with mic
Both in a discounted pack

Just what I was looking for - the mic versions for use with the phone.

Thank you!

Oct 11, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #928 of 64,160
  Awesome IEMs. Do they make full sized (ove-ear) cans as well?

They have one. It's called the LP and it uses a Vmoda M100 shell. It's on KZ's website: http://www.kzearphone.com/Product/7042651036.html. 

There's also an updated version of the LP called the LP2, which looks almost exactly the same. They're kinda pricey though compared to their IEMs. 

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #929 of 64,160
  http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=168738.0

Thanks for posting that link. Looking for some inexpensive but impressive IEMs. Something that are pretty "fun" or neutral. My two main concerns are comfort, so would them to be small or possible angled nozzle? Along with being able to drive them, so low OHM and high sensitivity, right? As for what I listen to, I basically listen to everything, gaming movies, a lot of different music. My Narmoo's are to big and slightly harder to drive then I would like so looking for something else.

Would the following be good contenders for what I mentioned?

KZ R1
KZ ED3

Can't seem to find the OHM's and sensitivity for EDSE, etc.

Quick question, how in the world do I order through other sites. XD I mean like the forwarding service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back