Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 9, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #901 of 64,382
Did a comparison between EDSE, ES & ED3 last night using my laptop and this is my summarised conclusion...  (end up with all 3 using Sony hybrid tips)(ES & ED3 burn in for 5 hours while EDSE had  >20 hours)

EDSE would be a good IEM if you use it to listen to any kind of music.... it excel in most areas that has been mentioned by many head fiers before. I can pop in the EDSE and listen to them for hours and not get tired... Definitely a darn good value for money IEM.

I actually prefer ES to the EDSE.  But this only happens when I listened to certain music genre.  The ES is more detailed as compared to the EDSE which is why it was mentioned the ES sound too bright at times.  But to me that can be a good thing when I listen to certain tracks (genre).... examples by Olivia Ong (some may not know her) or Michael Buble's Live, etc etc.... definitely not for typical EDM music...  it gets too sharp for my ears for some tracks...  So I guess the ES excel in certain type of music than the EDSE.  Having said that I like the reproduction of female vocal with the ES the most. I feel it is the most natural sounding...

The ED3 is also more brighter sounding than the EDSE and opens up more details in a track but I just prefer the way ES do it than the ED3. However I am not saying that the ED3 is no good.  It is still a good iem to own for the price... it is just my own opinion.

The bass is not shortage on the 3 IEMs too... EDSE had a tad more bass (more bass extension too) then the 2 but both the ES and ED3 had more than enough bass in my opinion when I played (Avicii、leona Lewis - Collide - Afrojack Remix 320kbps). 

If you ask me.... my recommendation is to buy them all and enjoy them with different kinds of music if your wallet allows... Otherwise, like what I have learned here.... sorry about your wallet... :)

I am not a pro in writing reviews so pardon me if it is not good enough... and this is my own opinion of the above IEMs so do take it with a pinch of salt as always... thank you for reading..

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #904 of 64,382
I think they do have two versions:
old:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/kz-ed3-Extreme-Silver-Line-Fever-Ear-Headphones-HIFI-level-transient-toxic-heavy-low-quality-earbuds/1380688_1989000488.html

new:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Listing-Special-headset-ear-headphones-bass-headset-phone-headset-kz-ed3/1380688_2044254124.html

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #906 of 64,382
  I think they do have two versions:
old:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/kz-ed3-Extreme-Silver-Line-Fever-Ear-Headphones-HIFI-level-transient-toxic-heavy-low-quality-earbuds/1380688_1989000488.html

new:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Listing-Special-headset-ear-headphones-bass-headset-phone-headset-kz-ed3/1380688_2044254124.html

Mine looked like the one below so I think its the new version....

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #910 of 64,382
Been listening to ES now and it has many, many hours less logged than the EDSE. Some group acappella music really showed some bothering characteristics with EDSE when A/Bing them. I think with EDM and such, EDSE signature blends in ok, but even for that I prefer ES. I get an ahhh feel changing to ES, EDSE sounds suffocated, ES opens it all up, more neutral sound I suppose. Reveals stuff EDSE makes sound thin or just not there. Something was bothering me with EDSE before, but only now I could put my finger on it having something to compare to. Again, I don't have the technical terms down, so I'll use more figurative speech...

Depends on music and preference, I guess... but ES for me, definitely.

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #911 of 64,382
the edse is compressed sounding vs.sidy dgs100 plus volume is less . Midrange is foward but does have the microdetail of the dgs100 or air and transparency. It is less 3D and more intimate vs. Dgs100 , bass less textured and more treble extension is less and well but has a nice balance. Kzes is also better in balance and extension and soundstage :blush:

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #914 of 64,382
the edse is compressed sounding vs.sidy dgs100 plus volume is less . Midrange is foward but does have the microdetail of the dgs100 or air and transparency. It is less 3D and more intimate vs. Dgs100 , bass less textured and more treble extension is less and well but has a nice balance. Kzes is also better in balance and extension and soundstage :blush:

Thank you for the details. It gives me a better idea on their different sound signatures.

Oct 10, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #915 of 64,382
I've been listening to the ES and EDSE for the past week and I feel they both excel in different areas. They complement one another very well. I think I prefer the EDSE a tad more...it has better better sub-bass and impact than the ES, but the ES has a little bit more clarity and treble extension. When I use the ES for edm, I feel like there's something missing in the bass dept. But the vocals are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back