Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 25, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #13,726 of 64,152
Ah i guess it doesnt matter if im gonna change the cable! 

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #13,727 of 64,152
To the people with the different cables:
What factor of improvement was hearable with them? Is this improvement coming from the cable with or without mic (Does this even have an influence? I just heard about impedance changes in different cables and don't know how a switch will affect it)
Or is it more like you can only hear the difference when you A/B them directly (with best quality music/if you listen carefully/...)
Maybe some just bought the other cables for quality reasons and hear no change in the music?

Hard to put a finger on it, check my review! It's improves detail and clarity but not by a mile. Read others' feedback that it will help more for the ZST than the ZS3 apparently...

Do use the burnin thing on my previous post: More info here: http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/t-11165083 Use Google Chrome's translate function! and hopefully that will help too :)

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #13,728 of 64,152
Hard to put a finger on it, check my review! It's improves detail and clarity but not by a mile. Read others' feedback that it will help more for the ZST than the ZS3 apparently...

Do use the burnin thing on my previous post: More info here: http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/t-11165083 Use Google Chrome's translate function! and hopefully that will help too
smily_headphones1.gif

The download link for that tool no longer works.

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #13,731 of 64,152
Sorry the website I read had a hyperlink name that didn't match the actual link. Here it is! http://img.1more.com/2013/10/10/10/2013093013530025.apk

Oh, it's an Android app... is there a similar tool for windows?

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #13,732 of 64,152
I see people are starting to own at least 3 to 4 models of KZs. :joy: Sellers need to start selling the ZST, ZS3 and ATR in a bundle. :joy::joy:

By the way, what comply tips best fit these KZ models? T100, T200 or T400? Still haven't got my pairs and I feel like ordering some foam tips already.

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #13,733 of 64,152
I just received the KZ ZS3 and although I probably won't do a proper writeup on them until at least a few days just want to share my first-impressions of them.

1. definitely not as balanced as the KZ ATE
  2. soundstage feels narrower than the ATE
  3. vocals are nice and smooth, so are some instruments like guitars and pianos
  4. lows seem to be more emphasized than the highs.
  5. the fit is and seal is more comfortable to achieve in my ears than the ATE. That's partially due to the cable which can be molded around your ears near the plugs, and partially because the overall shame of the shell is rounder

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #13,734 of 64,152
Already had the ATE which is amusing when you realize just how much bass eq it can handle, as well as the ZS3 which I enjoy the sound sig of quite a bit. ATR & ZST Colorful were just ordered, so those'll be fun to try.

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #13,736 of 64,152
  i got the zst in crystal for the same price as the black ones. and the cables are supposed to work exclusively for one only. at least that is what i understand.

I tried to use the ZST cable on the ZS3s, and it did not work.  The ZST able connectors are partially recessed in the connector, so only the tips will fit into the ZS3s.  You can hear sound, but the cables pull out.  How do I know this?  Because I ordered the ZSTs and cable from different sellers, and received the cable but am still waiting for the ZSTs. 
confused_face.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #13,738 of 64,152

Oh, it's an Android app... is there a similar tool for windows?

Hmm for Windows/DAPs I use this https://archive.org/details/TenMinutesOfWhiteNoisePinkNoiseAndBrownianNoise.

Create a playlist and keep looping. Just take note not to play it at too high a volume that causes damage, and don't run it continuously! The IEM components should be given a break every few hours :)

Do note that listening to music is already burning in so don't get too caught up with it. I only do this when I'm free or trying to run down my device's battery :wink: The only "serious" burn in I think people should do is after opening for maybe an overnight session. After that take it free and easy.

Have fun!

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #13,739 of 64,152
Couldn't resist the price on ZST colorful, ordered one. I really don't need another earphone but it was just too beautiful to give up on.

Now the gearbest price on ZS3 looks very tempting.....But I'm totally out of cash. :'D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back