Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 24, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #13,698 of 63,966
  ATR is now 4$ , ZS3 is almost 9$.

I can get two earphones for the price of one ZS3 and i read they are the same in sound quality.

Is the ZS3 ANY better than ATR?

Personally I prefer the ATR because the fit is far more comfortable for my ears.  For whatever reason the right earpiece on the ZS3 rubs and is very distracting for me.  I also am not a big memory wire fan, I prefer the weights on the ATR.  The ZS3 has a fuller soundstage and a more "fun" sound, esp with the upgraded cable.  For those prices, buy both. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #13,702 of 63,966

Haha fit is essential for good sound on universals? Try KZ starline or other brands like spiral dots? I'm sticking with starline for now.

yes, currently using the starline (I think), from the orginal ZST pack. in LARGE size. perfect! never knew 1mm could make such a drastic difference...

only problem I have with them is that, they stick out a little more. not that it really matters, but it does feel like it might fall out when I do sudden movements.

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #13,703 of 63,966
The problem might be related to the high volume of packages due to 11.11 ( single's day) and don't forget gifts/decoration/whatever for Christmas and New Year
I wouldn't be surprised if not all the post services across Asia are saturated. \\

Edit: interested in ZSR. Keep us posted

I ordered my ZST's and ED12's two days before 11.11... And GearBest hasn't shipped them. Two weeks when expected ship was only a few days later is my complaint about such. If they had shipped in the original timeframe, I would be getting them in sometime next week. Oh well, guess it's waiting a few more weeks to try those out.

On the flipside, I picked up my ZS3's from the post office, and it seems another package is en router to the post office available for pickup tomorrow (local CanadaPost guy apparently doesn't know how to use a buzzer, and just delivery slips packages)... Only thing that size that I'm expecting is my Tennmak Pro's.

Haven't spent much time with the ZS3's because supper came in, but I love the shade if blue they used for the cable, and hubby got a few laughs out if watching me try to get them in - it took me a few minutes to catch on how the ZS3's went in. Already I prefer how they fit compared to the ATR's but I've only tried medium tips so far. They isolate well - too well, I had to be really careful getting the left earbud out because it completely sealed and didn't want to budge for a while.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #13,705 of 63,966
I ordered my ZST's and ED12's two days before 11.11... And GearBest hasn't shipped them. Two weeks when expected ship was only a few days later is my complaint about such. If they had shipped in the original timeframe, I would be getting them in sometime next week. Oh well, guess it's waiting a few more weeks to try those out.

On the flipside, I picked up my ZS3's from the post office, and it seems another package is en router to the post office available for pickup tomorrow (local CanadaPost guy apparently doesn't know how to use a buzzer, and just delivery slips packages)... Only thing that size that I'm expecting is my Tennmak Pro's.

Haven't spent much time with the ZS3's because supper came in, but I love the shade if blue they used for the cable, and hubby got a few laughs out if watching me try to get them in - it took me a few minutes to catch on how the ZS3's went in. Already I prefer how they fit compared to the ATR's but I've only tried medium tips so far. They isolate well - too well, I had to be really careful getting the left earbud out because it completely sealed and didn't want to budge for a while.

Hmm.... I suggest you exchange your ED12 for something else with Gearbest Support if it hasn't shipped out. I thought they were the most polarising KZ in that you can love or hate it. I recall the detailed re-EQing shared earlier here to make it sound better :wink:

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #13,706 of 63,966

Hmm.... I suggest you exchange your ED12 for something else with Gearbest Support if it hasn't shipped out. I thought they were the most polarising KZ in that you can love or hate it. I recall the detailed re-EQing shared earlier here to make it sound better :wink:

I purchased those mainly because they're one of the few pairs that KZ makes that are apparently flush enough to sleep with them on.  Hubby was looking for a pair that if he's listening to music or whatever and falls asleep he won't wake up with a massive ear ache.  Silly coders, staying up waaaaaay later than they need to just because they wanted to fix one thing (or, more likely, because he was trying to get to the next boss in a game and wound up passing out halfway there) ^_^

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #13,707 of 63,966

I purchased those mainly because they're one of the few pairs that KZ makes that are apparently flush enough to sleep with them on.  Hubby was looking for a pair that if he's listening to music or whatever and falls asleep he won't wake up with a massive ear ache.  Silly coders, staying up waaaaaay later than they need to just because they wanted to fix one thing (or, more likely, because he was trying to get to the next boss in a game and wound up passing out halfway there) ^_^

Haha that's fair, remember to bookmark the EQ tweak somewhere :wink:

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #13,709 of 63,966
  I'm quite tempted to order the colorful ZST, and hope it offers the same value as the other KZ's I've tried.

Yeah I'm quite intrigued by them also but it's hard to justify paying twice as much for a color change, even if the end price isn't that high. I'll wait until the premium on them dies off for being newer and later try to pick one up for closer to Gearbest's price.

Edit: I spoke too soon... I just stumbled upon the Purple ZST being sold at more or less the same price as Gearbest's https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-KZ-ZST-BA-DD-In-Ear-Earphone-Hybrid-Headset-HIFI-Bass-Noise-Cancelling-Earbuds-With/119089_32760612759.htmlhttps://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-KZ-ZST-BA-DD-In-Ear-Earphone-Hybrid-Headset-HIFI-Bass-Noise-Cancelling-Earbuds-With/119089_32760612759.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back