Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 27, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #10,891 of 63,900

Rocking these ED9s, and got me another pair in black.

Be aware that KZ has bad QC reputation. I`ve bought together about 4-5 ED9`s and one of them had slightly different sound (later silver version). Also one my local forum guys ordered 3 and 2 were little different sounding (all from same seller). Don`t know about black ones though.

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #10,892 of 63,900
I traded my ED9s in for black ones, I think I was one of the first in the world owning an ED9 (for real!) but the black one looks so nice I bought one and gave away the silver ones. First thing I do though is check the damn filters lol

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #10,896 of 63,900
...if someone feels burn-in benefits their listening experience then I say it's a good thing. If others think it doesn't exist that's absolutely fine also. It's all about the music isn't it. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #10,897 of 63,900
beerchug.gif

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #10,898 of 63,900
just got my KZ ie80s. Really liking these :D

pretty bassy headphones and i feel like these are lost gems in the KZ even though i never tried the ed9.

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #10,899 of 63,900
  just got my KZ ie80s. Really liking these :D

pretty bassy headphones and i feel like these are lost gems in the KZ even though i never tried the ed9.

I almost pulled the trigger on those but got the Moxpad X6 instead. Needed to have something else to use with the silver plated cable I got with the Shure connections... 
But I kept them on my AE wishlist...

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #10,900 of 63,900
Received my first KZ headphones 2 days ago, black ED9's and some ATE's.

Really, really happy with both, love the detail on the ED9, I've actually yet to try the brass filters and right now and will probably only do so out of curiosity rather than wanting to try and 'improve' the sound signature as I'm really happy with it as is. Really liking the visceral impact of the bass, it's tight and punchy. Included medium sized tips achieved a decent seal but $1 Aliexprees comply T400 ripoffs achieve an essentially perfect seal.

The ATE's are great too, there's definitely more quantity of bass than the ED9's, however are somewhat less bright. Still sound exceptionally good for the price. I think I like them more than my RHA T10i's, another bass oriented headphone (that also cost $250 AUD), however these have less soundstage. I couldn't get any of the included tips to seal properly, again with T400 ripoffs seal is essentially perfect.

If I had to keep only one though I'm fairly certain it'd be the ED9. 

Including aliexpress link to the comply-like foamies, actually prefer these for both isolation and comfort and they cost about 1/15th the cost of actual comply tips if bought locally (Australia).

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/C-set-4-9mm-Caliber-Earphone-Sponge-Comply-T200-T400-T500-tips-Headset-Memory-Foam-Sponge/32469980958.html

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #10,901 of 63,900
Received my first KZ headphones 2 days ago, black ED9's and some ATE's.

Really, really happy with both, love the detail on the ED9, I've actually yet to try the brass filters and right now and will probably only do so out of curiosity rather than wanting to try and 'improve' the sound signature as I'm really happy with it as is. Really liking the visceral impact of the bass, it's tight and punchy. Included medium sized tips achieved a decent seal but $1 Aliexprees comply T400 ripoffs achieve an essentially perfect seal.

The ATE's are great too, there's definitely more quantity of bass than the ED9's, however are somewhat less bright. Still sound exceptionally good for the price. I think I like them more than my RHA T10i's, another bass oriented headphone (that also cost $250 AUD), however these have less soundstage. I couldn't get any of the included tips to seal properly, again with T400 ripoffs seal is essentially perfect.

If I had to keep only one though I'm fairly certain it'd be the ED9. 

Including aliexpress link to the comply-like foamies, actually prefer these for both isolation and comfort and they cost about 1/15th the cost of actual comply tips if bought locally (Australia).

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/C-set-4-9mm-Caliber-Earphone-Sponge-Comply-T200-T400-T500-tips-Headset-Memory-Foam-Sponge/32469980958.html

Excellent choice on the ED9, I need you to post a nice picture of those black beauties for CAD:laughing: For me the brass brings a little morr sparkle to the Mids and highs:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #10,902 of 63,900
Just got my KZ ATE. Was thinking either Auglamour R8 or ATH IM50, but laid my eyes on this deal, and for $12, too good to pass LOL
First impression, much warmer than my ATH-SJ33, but surprisingly, not that muddy. Kind of muffled, though, the trebble really soft and lack of air. But nothing grating or shrilly, really polite. This is minute out of box, using Sansa Clip (1st gen) which categorize as dark, mind you. We'll see later when I got home and spent more times with it.

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #10,903 of 63,900
I almost pulled the trigger on those but got the Moxpad X6 instead. Needed to have something else to use with the silver plated cable I got with the Shure connections... 
But I kept them on my AE wishlist...

To my ears these are extremely good and imo has a wide soundstage

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #10,905 of 63,900
Let's stop talking about burn-in in subjective terms, it has been disproved countless times with a new (barely a few centuries old) and marvelous thing called SCIENCE.
The mind is an amazing thing, it can make a 10 gauge 2 inch long speaker wire sound "better" than the old 14 gauge...
rolleyes.gif

The mind takes time to get familiar with the new sound source, that is all burn-in is and will ever be.
Nothing electronically or mechanically changes, not one iota.

As I stated before, you start with a decent sounding headphones/speakers and get used to them till they sound better and become your reference (your minds reference).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back