Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 20, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #51,811 of 64,190
...It's a big "if" though.
Absolutely!

KZ is KZ!
It can boldly go when no one went before in terms of capabilities/price, but it goes there in its own way, by multiple (often very incremental) releases, hardly asking anyone's opinion about it.
This naturally suits well with strong "love and hate" sentiments that are abundantly displayed here :)

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #51,813 of 64,190
Im trying to stay positive that this is not a complete scam.. The eBay site is saying that both of my two (separate orders) have been shipped. I don't have experience with Singapore Post so I'm just gonna wait until I'm sure either way.. Ebay is really good at refunding in cases of fraud especially if you payed by PayPal. Hopefully it's not a scam but either way it will work out and for me it was worth the risk.. Patience might be a virtue in this case.... Good luck!

I asked him why my tracking number doesnt work and why did he pull out all of his items for sale...
I don't remember getting a tracking number which resulted no details whatsoever, even a few years back. It has to at least show acceptance by the post office.

1603193860786.png

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #51,814 of 64,190
It can boldly go when no one went before in terms of capabilities/price, but it goes there in its own way, by multiple (often very incremental) releases, hardly asking anyone's opinion about it.
With the ton of space left unused in the ZAX, I wouldn't be surprised if they produce a 20ba/2DD iem! :)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #51,815 of 64,190
And also, instant buyer's remorse is

With the ton of space left unused in the ZAX, I wouldn't be surprised if they produce a 20ba/2DD iem! :)
Or they can start experimenting with EST and planars :wink:

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #51,816 of 64,190
Or they can start experimenting with EST and planars :wink:
And has to be shoddily-made drivers. Give the KZ tuning team some high-performance planars or knowles ba, it would insult their pride! Ta Ma De! :)

Oct 20, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #51,819 of 64,190
Oct 20, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #51,820 of 64,190
So according to Google translate the ASX is a horse A**, that no one shoul buy, great 😃🙈
"Overturned" seems to describe it.😆

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #51,823 of 64,190
Thanks for your impressions. Do u happen to have a legit Sony MH755 to compare the EDX with?

Apologies for the delayed response. Sadly no. I couldn't get a genuine MH755 and missed that hype train. Lost one parcel in transit from Japan and other one I got from AliExpress was a fake which went kaput in 8 days.

Oct 20, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #51,824 of 64,190
KZ EDX 1DD vs TRN ST1 1BB+1DD?? for EDM and normal use(youtube, gaming),,,,, for Laptop use only
I prefer Comfortable and long lasting
you can also suggest me different IEM around this price:deadhorse:

I have both and I'd say EDX is much better for EDM, more comfortable for lengthy sessions (you don't even feel them after a point), has more durable 2pin socket as opposed to ST1. ST1 is not bad but it's more like a wannabe ZSN whereas EDX is very natural sounding iem in the sub-$10 price range. I'd recommend go for EDX. Also, default KZ tips are better than default ones provided with ST1. Both ship same quality cables although EDX in white and translucent colour comes with a pink-ish cable which is very similar to ZSN Purple cable. Since you are going to use them via laptops you can do away without an amp as a laptop will easily drive them to their max potential without any external amp/DAC.

Hope this helps you.

Oct 20, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #51,825 of 64,190
I have both and I'd say EDX is much better for EDM, more comfortable for lengthy sessions (you don't even feel them after a point), has more durable 2pin socket as opposed to ST1. ST1 is not bad but it's more like a wannabe ZSN whereas EDX is very natural sounding iem in the sub-$10 price range. I'd recommend go for EDX. Also, default KZ tips are better than default ones provided with ST1. Both ship same quality cables although EDX in white and translucent colour comes with a pink-ish cable which is very similar to ZSN Purple cable. Since you are going to use them via laptops you can do away without an amp as a laptop will easily drive them to their max potential without any external amp/DAC.

Hope this helps you.
Thanks friend, God bless you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back