Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 19, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #51,797 of 63,977
Here's hoping someone with good knowledge of AS10 auditions both the ASX and ASF before 11.11. Their early graphs look far too similar for me to decide which to go for, right now. But they do look like graphs which AS10 should sound like. Fingers-crossed & TIA!

Probably have to now wait for CCA C20 for a super-duper treble detail response as both ASX/ASF seems targeting AS10 fans.

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #51,798 of 63,977
I've seen a few comments about the ZAX being "airy", myself included. But a touch of EQ and everything is good again.

There was one poster that made it his/her mission to trounce the ZAX, over another model, from a subsidiary. But after a few days, I just used the Ignore option and once again, everything was right in the world.

Last night after reading @Nimweth's review, I lined up my ZAX, ZSN Pro and TFZ T2 and queued up Dire Straits' Private Investigations on my Walkman. In comparison to the ZAX, the ZSN Pro sounded thin and harsh, while the TFZ T2 had a loose bass and was somewhat veiled in the highs.

All I'm saying is, this ZAX is the real deal.

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #51,799 of 63,977
Did anyone who bought the 10$ ZS10 pros from ebay have their tracking numbers working? Mine are not in Singapore post system.

I want to leave a negative feedback and ask for a refund already, but i don't want to be an A-hole for that 1% chance this is a misunderstanding on my part.

Oct 20, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #51,800 of 63,977
Did anyone who bought the 10$ ZS10 pros from ebay have their tracking numbers working? Mine are not in Singapore post system.

I want to leave a negative feedback and ask for a refund already, but i don't want to be an A-hole for that 1% chance this is a misunderstanding on my part.

Im trying to stay positive that this is not a complete scam.. The eBay site is saying that both of my two (separate orders) have been shipped. I don't have experience with Singapore Post so I'm just gonna wait until I'm sure either way.. Ebay is really good at refunding in cases of fraud especially if you payed by PayPal. Hopefully it's not a scam but either way it will work out and for me it was worth the risk.. Patience might be a virtue in this case.... Good luck!

Oct 20, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #51,801 of 63,977
Here's hoping someone with good knowledge of AS10 auditions both the ASX and ASF before 11.11. Their early graphs look far too similar for me to decide which to go for, right now. But they do look like graphs which AS10 should sound like. Fingers-crossed & TIA!

Probably have to now wait for CCA C20 for a super-duper treble detail response as both ASX/ASF seems targeting AS10 fans.
I will have both ASX and ASF coming. I also have AS10.

Oct 20, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #51,802 of 63,977
***I posted the same thing in The Discovery Thread!
**I just realized that somebody already pulled up Crin's graphs

TLDR: How in the **** does a pure BA IEM have this graph for the bass? I already ordered it thinking it'd have less bass than most KZ offerings turns out it probably will be quite the opposite.

Sooo... I was stalking this thread for info on the KZ ASF. I blind-ordered it because my ZS10 Pro's pin ports were cracked (my cat was torturing it while I slept), and the shell looks ****ing amazing for the price too.
I found KZ advertising it as being 'midrange focused' and I was stoked with the graph so I went with it. Next day though, Crinacle uploaded his graph on a sample ASF (as well as an ASX on his website) which I was so confused about.

This is the ad they had on their Aliexpress store:

This is Crinacle's measurement along with a graph of the BGVP DM6 for comparison

graph (4).png

I really did not expect the sheer amount of bass this thing is showing knowing it's a pure BA IEM (despite their advertising that they had a new design with their 22955 BA responsible for the bass, they basically added a hole in its ass) so I just had to ask a customer service rep from CCA for verification (from an online shopping website that is basically AliExpress but for our country)

Now I know their English might be shoddy and it might be just the customer service rep trying to sell the IEM to the general public but I don't want to dig in further

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #51,803 of 63,977
**I just realized that somebody already pulled up Crin's graphs

TLDR: How in the **** does a pure BA IEM have this graph for the bass? I already ordered it thinking it'd have less bass than most KZ offerings turns out it probably will be quite the opposite.

Sooo... I was stalking this thread for info on the KZ ASF. I blind-ordered it because my ZS10 Pro's pin ports were cracked (my cat was torturing it while I slept), and the shell looks ****ing amazing for the price too.
I found KZ advertising it as being 'midrange focused' and I was stoked with the graph so I went with it. Next day though, Crinacle uploaded his graph on a sample ASF (as well as an ASX on his website) which I was so confused about.

This is Crinacle's measurement along with a graph of the BGVP DM6 for comparison

I really did not expect the sheer amount of bass this thing is showing knowing it's a pure BA IEM (despite their advertising that they had a new design with their 22955 BA responsible for the bass, they basically added a hole in its ass) so I just had to ask a customer service rep from CCA for verification (from an online shopping website that is basically AliExpress but for our country)

Now I know their English might be shoddy and it might be just the customer service rep trying to sell the IEM to the general public but I don't want to dig in further
Yes, most asses work better with a hole in them lol

Oct 20, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #51,804 of 63,977

TLDR: How in the **** does a pure BA IEM have this graph for the bass? I already ordered it thinking it'd have less bass than most KZ offerings turns out it might be quite the opposite.

Sooo... I was stalking this thread for info on the KZ ASF. I blind-ordered it because my ZS10 Pro's pin ports were cracked (cat was torturing it while I slept), and the shell looks ****ing amazing for the price too.

graph (4).png

Thanks for sharing.

I think this set has a vented BA bass based on the store page:
Capture.PNG

Usually I find pure BA bass sets a bit anemic in the subbass extension and decay, and it lacks a bit of movement of air compared to DD bass. BA bass tends to be faster and more accurate (in general). So standard graphs won't tell this in general, and sometimes a BA and DD bass can look similar on a graph, but the ear perceives the DD bass to be of more quantity.

I've tried one vented bass BA, the Audiosense T800, the vents do let in some air and they sound closer to a DD bass in terms of decay and extension, so hopefully this ASF bass will sound more natural than a standard BA bass.

Oct 20, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #51,805 of 63,977
20 or 50 ohm? needs amps huh?
The impedance is 15 ohms and sensitivity 105dB. The planar driver benefits from amplification.

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #51,806 of 63,977
Looking at graphs of ASX and ASF it seems they are identical, so the extra BAs in ASX are in there for what reason? Just to brag about 20 BA iem? I have ASX coming in, but looking at graphs it seems I have paid extra for nothing :)

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #51,807 of 63,977
Looking at graphs of ASX and ASF it seems they are identical, so the extra BAs in ASX are in there for what reason? Just to brag about 20 BA iem? I have ASX coming in, but looking at graphs it seems I have paid extra for nothing :)
Smoothness.

8-10 (or even more in largest orchestra) violins are often playing the same notes in symphonic music, and people are "paying for it", since it can sound beautiful, and different from how a single violin can sound.

The odd harsh peaks get canceled out, but the price is less extension (high frequencies are canceled more) and potentially less resolution, so BA sound gets closer to DDs.

The most important, certainly, how it will sound to your ears and tastes :)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #51,808 of 63,977
Smoothness.

8-10 (or even more in largest orchestra) violins are often playing the same notes in symphonic music, and people are "paying for it", since it can sound beautiful, and different from how a single violin can sound.

The odd harsh peaks get canceled out, but the price is less extension (high frequencies are canceled more) and potentially less resolution, so BA sound gets closer to DDs.

The most important, certainly, how it will sound to your ears and tastes :)
Thank you for your answer. Well I will know soon, but my expectations are low at the moment, simply was expecting something different from the tunning of these 😃

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #51,809 of 63,977
Probably better micro details & transient perfomance with more BAs in the ASX. If tuned well, I think big orchestral works will benefit from that many drivers. It's a big "if" though.

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #51,810 of 63,977
Well I only paid 70$ after cashback for mine and got an extra replacement cable as well, so will be able to recoup my losses if this will turnout not being something I like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back