Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 15, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #47,716 of 63,945
Hi everybody,
There's a lot of hype at Russian audiophile forums about KZ ZSx. They say it's a class higher/way better than ZS7. Can anybody prove/disapprove it?

It depends what your looking for if VERY base heavy's your thing then I guess you may prefer the zs7 but to my ears and tastes the zsx is far superior, very controlled bass and great base extension but strong quite forward mids (would actually say ballanced exellent vocals) and the best treble I've heard on a KZ (great detail, seperation and soundstage)
Feel a far more mature tune imo!

Sep 15, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #47,717 of 63,945
It depends what your looking for if VERY base heavy's your thing
Yes, it is. Fortunately or unfortunately.
Thanks for letting me know. I would not like less base than the amount ZS7 have.

Sep 15, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #47,718 of 63,945
Anyone have the Tin Audio T3 AND the new ZSX and care to compare/contrast? TIA
Finally took the plunge with the zsx and glad I did. In a word I can't believe I'm saying this but better! Out of the box I'm finding the mids less recessed very ballanced sounding (more so than T3's!! Kz?) but what's struck me is I'm finding more detail in the zsx which really was a suprise. Base of course is handled very well with more punch to lower mids and better base extension. Definitely more soundstage on the zsx and I feel better seperation (I was expecting a bit of a mess tbh) where the T3's still trump imo is the more natural timbre, there's still a slight steely sound on the KZ's and male vocals have a slightly more natural feel. Tins absolutely trump the kz for comfort, their not totally uncomfortable but can see what others are saying and they do protrude quite a bit. The Tins also have that superb cable and general more premium feel. I will still keep my T3's for longer wear and would suit some genres better, maybe accustic and vocals?! Do think there's value in having both if you got the $
Hope this helps

Sep 15, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #47,719 of 63,945
Yes, it is. Fortunately or unfortunately.
Thanks for letting me know. I would not like less base than the amount ZS7 have.

I really wouldn't say they lack the base of zs7 I prefer the base of the zsx it's more punchy and better controlled, just the mids and higher frequencies are more pronounced better resolved, you could always eq them down if you want pure ear thunder

Sep 15, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #47,722 of 63,945
Finally took the plunge with the zsx and glad I did. In a word I can't believe I'm saying this but better! Out of the box I'm finding the mids less recessed very ballanced sounding (more so than T3's!! Kz?) but what's struck me is I'm finding more detail in the zsx which really was a suprise. Base of course is handled very well with more punch to lower mids and better base extension. Definitely more soundstage on the zsx and I feel better seperation (I was expecting a bit of a mess tbh) where the T3's still trump imo is the more natural timbre, there's still a slight steely sound on the KZ's and male vocals have a slightly more natural feel. Tins absolutely trump the kz for comfort, their not totally uncomfortable but can see what others are saying and they do protrude quite a bit. The Tins also have that superb cable and general more premium feel. I will still keep my T3's for longer wear and would suit some genres better, maybe accustic and vocals?! Do think there's value in having both if you got the $
Hope this helps

I would add the Tins have a warmer signiture, the ZSX is not 'cold' as such but definitely cooler than the T3

Sep 15, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #47,723 of 63,945
Yeah Sorry typo it's the ZSX. But I also have the Zs10 and AS10. So would be nice to swap.
QDC won't fit to ZS10 and AS10.?
And two pin is not flush on ZSX but are on ZS and As?

@hakuzen

I understood what you mean now... Protruding I had to look up. (Google translate)

I will order the QDC otherwise the two pin can easily fall out.

For balanced I think it's best to choose 16 core, right?

Do you have a DAP or amplifier source that works with balanced output?
if you want a termination which works for zs10, as10, and zsx (protruding socket in the katter), you'd need flush (not protruding) 2pin.
if you want perfect secured fit fir zsx, qdc termination, but you'll need another cable for zs10 and as10.
another solution is to buy protruding 2pin, usable with zs10, as10, and many iems, and a 2pin to qdc angled adapter at taobao (it costs $20 usd though, sorry, can't access to links now, because i haven't ny computer for a few days). this is what i use to adapt my high quality cables to zs10 pro or zsx (or any iem using qdc socket).

16 cores vs 8 cores vs 4 cores has nothing to be with single-ended vs balanced.
there is a link inside my list of cables about number of cores discussion (check my signature).

which balanced source do you plan to use?

Sep 15, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #47,724 of 63,945
if you want a termination which works for zs10, as10, and zsx (protruding socket in the katter), you'd need flush (not protruding) 2pin.
if you want perfect secured fit fir zsx, qdc termination, but you'll need another cable for zs10 and as10.
another solution is to buy protruding 2pin, usable with zs10, as10, and many iems, and a 2pin to qdc angled adapter at taobao (it costs $20 usd though, sorry, can't access to links now, because i haven't ny computer for a few days). this is what i use to adapt my high quality cables to zs10 pro or zsx (or any iem using qdc socket).

16 cores vs 8 cores vs 4 cores has nothing to be with single-ended vs balanced.
there is a link inside my list of cables about number of cores discussion (check my signature).

which balanced source do you plan to use?

I was thinking more on a simpler way. Because a balanced cable don't share common ground. So both + and - on left and right you need a thicker cable.

I have a Fiio M9 with balanced out.

I will look on the net for the adapter that would be a great solution.

Sep 15, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #47,725 of 63,945
Hi, can someone please compare passive noise isolation on ZS10 Pro vs AS12 vs ZSX?

I use ZS10 Pro with Spinfit CP145 S tips right now and although the fit is tight, I am not very happy with their isolation. It seems that the reason is the air vents for the dynamic driver? AS12 is all BA, so there shouldn't be any need for air vents, and although ZSX has a dynamic driver, I don't see any vents on their back shell in the photos.

Also would love to hear how AS12 does in terms of bass. I used to have Ultimate Ears 600 before, and they isolated really well, but I didn't like that the bass was pretty much non-existent, as they have just a single BA driver. Obviously, AS12 should be much better as it has dedicated bass drivers, but is it on par with ZS10 Pro or ZSX?
There is a little hole vent on the front side of the housing, in between the nozzle and the stabilizing fin/nub

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #47,726 of 63,945
Hi, can someone please compare passive noise isolation on ZS10 Pro vs AS12 vs ZSX?

I use ZS10 Pro with Spinfit CP145 S tips right now and although the fit is tight, I am not very happy with their isolation. It seems that the reason is the air vents for the dynamic driver? AS12 is all BA, so there shouldn't be any need for air vents, and although ZSX has a dynamic driver, I don't see any vents on their back shell in the photos.

Also would love to hear how AS12 does in terms of bass. I used to have Ultimate Ears 600 before, and they isolated really well, but I didn't like that the bass was pretty much non-existent, as they have just a single BA driver. Obviously, AS12 should be much better as it has dedicated bass drivers, but is it on par with ZS10 Pro or ZSX?

The zsx definitely has much better isolation than the zs10pro. The only air vent is on the back that goes touching your ear. No air vent on the face plate. And the zsx has a bigger shell, so it will cover your ear more.

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #47,727 of 63,945
It depends what your looking for if VERY base heavy's your thing then I guess you may prefer the zs7 but to my ears and tastes the zsx is far superior, very controlled bass and great base extension but strong quite forward mids (would actually say ballanced exellent vocals) and the best treble I've heard on a KZ (great detail, seperation and soundstage)
Feel a far more mature tune imo![/QUOTE]

That's the word I am looking for when trying to describe what the ZSX sounds like.

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #47,728 of 63,945
I vaguely remember someone mentioning in here at some point that there was a safe way to reshape the hooks, but I can't seem to remember where.

. The hooks on my cable are just one of those memory shrink tube rubber things, there isn't a wire or really anything to reshape

I have not tried this yet myself but I have seen other people mention gently heating the preformed ear hooks with a hair drying and then shaping them how you want. I would probably NOT try this with the cable attached to the earpieces.

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #47,729 of 63,945
You know when you have to many iems when you think you have the ZSX in you ears and take them out and they are the NiceHCK NX7 and then put them in a ZS7 case by mistake :)

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #47,730 of 63,945
You know when you have to many iems when you think you have the ZSX in you ears and take them out and they are the NiceHCK NX7 and then put them in a ZS7 case by mistake :)

I knew way before that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back