Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 22, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #4,759 of 64,163
  Why You do it this way? Go backwards in thread and look how to open back covers. No need to risk damaging driver.

Here ya go:

And here is my grill-mod:

great thks, i'll try that this evening... 
on a sidenote, I was wearing the ATE in the office today and a female colleague asked another colleague if those ATE were earrings
rolleyes.gif

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #4,762 of 64,163
Got my translucent black ATE today. Got to let them burn-in littlebit before sharing impressions. From what I`ve heard so far out of them, seems to sound same as silver ones (from memory). Will grill-mod them again for sure, this time with wood+golden grill+custom cable ;P
Plastic molding is much better quality than silver but nozzle neck is still not sure what "gender" it is, lol.

About ANV, I really think I need to do exchangeable nozzle mod too because I`m not sure I`m getting 100% proper fit - need longer nozzles. Want to try ED9 golden nozzles on them to boost littlebit sub-bass.

Btw, added some walnut today to my wood-mod ANV, looks much nicer now imo:

One thing I regret - leaving stock cable. It`s not bad but want something better.
Unfortunately can`t change it anymore, permanent. Oh well... another reason to buy 2nd ANV 
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #4,763 of 64,163
Got my translucent black ATE today. Got to let them burn-in littlebit before sharing impressions. From what I`ve heard so far out of them, seems to sound same as silver ones (from memory). Will grill-mod them again for sure, this time with wood+golden grill+custom cable ;P
Plastic molding is much better quality than silver but nozzle neck is still not sure what "gender" it is, lol.

About ANV, I really think I need to do exchangeable nozzle mod too because I`m not sure I`m getting 100% proper fit - need longer nozzles. Want to try ED9 golden nozzles on them to boost littlebit sub-bass.

Btw, added some walnut today to my wood-mod ANV, looks much nicer now imo:

One thing I regret - leaving stock cable. It`s not bad but want something better.
Unfortunately can`t change it anymore, permanent. Oh well... another reason to buy 2nd ANV :D  

With the ANV, try some large Sony silicone hybrid tips if you have any. For me at least, that allows them to perch right at the edge of my ear canal but still seal perfectly. With any other tip I lose out on that juicy sub-bass.

Edit: Your custom woodie ANVs look phenomenal! Wow!!

Jun 22, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #4,764 of 64,163
m.aliexpress.com/item/1988984408.html?productId=1988984408&productId=1988984408&productSubject=kz-anv-metal-headphone-ear-headphones-bass-headset-phone-headset-music-earphone-headset-HIFI&productSubject=kz-anv-metal-headphone-ear-headphones-bass-headset-phone-headset-music-earphone-headset-HIFI&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

I got my ANV there. No longer available though. :/

Jun 22, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #4,765 of 64,163
:) Scrambler, You noticed that too? HOW do they get MASSIVE Bass when called for, yet it doesn't overpower any of the other Frequencies? Just more proof to me that the Bass specs are way underrated. I bet if you ran a Frequency generator through this you could get 2Hz out of them. I mean Some EDM and Trance Frequencies are insanely low and the ANVs don't even blink with them, even at High Volume with a 6 dB Bass boost engaged on my Fiio E12. This kind of stuff will make the ED9 get a little muddy even.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

I sure did. My first pair could not reproduce bass like this second pair. I wish I had a good amp to test them on, as I feel the extra juice would be really beneficial.

Jun 22, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #4,766 of 64,163

With the ANV, try some large Sony silicone hybrid tips if you have any. For me at least, that allows them to perch right at the edge of my ear canal but still seal perfectly. With any other tip I lose out on that juicy sub-bass.

Can`t use large ones, I have small earcanals. I`m already using ED9 grey medium ones (so far best fit with them) but I feel need it to go little deeper. Sony hybrids doesn`t help and some others also not so good. Only option left for me is nozzle-mod... and I want it anyway to play with nozzles :wink:

Edit: Wonder how RE bi-flanges work with ANV. Can someone can try? https://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=33#

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #4,768 of 64,163
If You are sensitive to highs like I am and both IEMs in stock configuration, then I would say ATE. ED9 has brighter and littlebit "airier" signature, ATE smoother/warmer.
Bass/drum hit littlebit harder on ED9 while ATE sounds more balanced/neutral.

Btw, ordered some Triple-flange tips for ANV. Will report back about them.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #4,770 of 64,163
Did You check if tiny filter pieces are properly on place inside brass filters on breathing holes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back