Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #4,741 of 64,168
  M´kay, can You or Twin share a link where I can get the one You both have, for sure?

And maybe a song/artist which You both find that ANV is great on sub-bass... just to make sure we are having different ANV.

smily_headphones1.gif
Coil, THIS is the link and the same Seller I bought mine from:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-KZ-ANV-Grade-Fever-Linear-Equalizer-Ear-Earphones-Monitor-Headphones-Perfect-Sound-Dynamic-Structure/32317811425.html

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #4,742 of 64,168

smily_headphones1.gif
Coil, THIS is the link and Seller I bought mine from:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-KZ-ANV-Grade-Fever-Linear-Equalizer-Ear-Earphones-Monitor-Headphones-Perfect-Sound-Dynamic-Structure/32317811425.html

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

That's the same seller I bought from. They have three different listings to the ANV. One at discount from $27, $45, and $70ish. I got mine for $8.10, and it could have been slightly less if I used the mobile app. Hopefully mine is also the improved version.

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #4,743 of 64,168

smily_headphones1.gif
Coil, THIS is the link and the same Seller I bought mine from:

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Yay, that was the one I ordered mine from! :) 

$8.55 from mobile app, not too bad. Hope they get here soon!

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #4,744 of 64,168
Thanks Twin, will get another pair to mod. I really do hope they have that sub-bass and are different from the ones I have already... if not, then we must be hearing things differently. 

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #4,747 of 64,168
  Thanks Twin, will get another pair to mod. I really do hope they have that sub-bass and are different from the ones I have already... if not, then we must be hearing things differently. 

smily_headphones1.gif
I would say that was a possibility IF it was just You and I hearing things differently, But we also have Hisoundfi and B9scrambler also hearing huge Bass.

I have a hunch these things are built/assembled at WAY more than one location, maybe it's also a matter of who and where assembly/ Fit????

The ones with high lead content always sound "Heavier"
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 21, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #4,748 of 64,168
OKay, just got a reply back from the store. XD They say they only sell one version of ANV.

"Dear we are the KZ factory ! but we do not have 2 vestions !! we only have this style !!

"

Edit: I think the seller is Wokei. XD

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #4,749 of 64,168
  I previously reported on disappointing sound from the KZ ATE I received, particularly a lack of bass, so I wondered if this was a problem of seal and tried different tips to no avail...
Then I had a good look at the inner/outer construction... I found a vent on the nozzle. hmmm maybe this could be the problem.
I then blocked the vents with some blue tak putty and had I listen. The bass is definitely MUCH better and the treble better too, seems that the vents were the culprit. As I said I received the translucent black ATE and could absolutely not relate to the good sound reported by previous reviews.

If like me you have tiny vents and don't get bass out of ATE, try blocking vents, you will be amazed by the difference, they will sound like a different in-ear.

A question to those with ATE translucent or not, do you also have the vents?

Could you post a picture on the said post? I don't have/can't find a vent on mine. (Black version)

Jun 22, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #4,752 of 64,168
Another option would be changing port location and make it smaller :wink: But in case of ATE I didn`t have any problems with driver flex closing that port.

Jun 22, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #4,753 of 64,168
Before blocking the vents, I actually removed the mesh coz I was desperate with the sound. Did not replace the mesh back after the vent mod. Next mod will probably open the back by drilling a relatively large hole with a drill bit. Hoping not to damage the driver. I am a fan of open back-everything... I don't like the cavity sound provided by closed back, be it in-ear, headphone or speakers.

Jun 22, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #4,755 of 64,168
  ..by drilling a relatively large hole with a drill bit. Hoping not to damage the driver.

Why You do it this way? Go backwards in thread and look how to open back covers. No need to risk damaging driver.

Here ya go:

If anyone wanna open back covers of your ATE, here is how I did it. 

Gently twist it... slowly 

Here it is.... very easy

And here is my grill-mod:

...yes, I know, it doesn`t look nice but like I said previously, it was just fast fun mod to show what can be done (usually I don`t do things in crappy way like this).
Does it still sound like without backplates?... hmmm... have spent too less time with it but seems so. 

Have fun with modding! :wink:

Btw, I think I might still close those breathing holes near nozzle neck. Bass slam and drum kicks are just so freaking hard and powerful 
tongue.gif

Will leave holes closed for awhile and then try again without. Too early to make final conclusion...
But I definitely recommend to try it along with grill mod ...and please report back here also, I want to know what You think of it :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back