Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 13, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #46,606 of 63,916
432933DE-D260-4E36-A4C8-A508913E2A16.jpeg
ZS7
15 hrs. in: Flopped back to the New Bee/RIYO tips. The Tin HiFi, blue tips (which allowed a slightly deeper seating) were making the vocals a little (ironically) tinny
Try the NiceHCK translucent grey/red core tips that most everyone sells for less than $1 for a set of six. Basically whoever is selling them puts their name. They look like he tips that TFZ packages with their iems but have a slightly larger opening and a rounder corner profile. I’ve categorized all my tips, measured the bores, taken note of the corner profiles and these tips for me are one of the best if not THE BEST tips available. Every set I’ve tried them on sounded good while certain tips like the famous Sony Hybrid could make the treble siblant due to the smaller hole. When certain tips like a TRN which are also very nice didn’t give me a good seal these tips gave me a seal in the Medium and Large size. The bore size seems to control sets with excessive treble but not restrict the treble that are just right for me. Bass is always preserved.

While my go to tips were always Sony Hybrids these are my go-to tips now and I stock up every time I place an order on AE. The TRN Black or Whites are also nice and very similar but have a slightly different sized opening and outer profile.

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #46,607 of 63,916
That fast, dry bad-@ss (sub-)bass and the speed/coherence of the 7 vs. the 10Pro, pretty obvious with fast bass and other transients like in this little tune below (and pretty much the rest of that album) - huge differences in spatial reproduction as well. Just a couple months with the 7 and they basically spoiled me for anything slower, less deep and less coherent - YMMV.

ZS7 sounds really good, I think you’ll like them. I think they sound as good or better than my UE TF10 that I had made into a custom.

Yeah, nice choice. I agree...the ES100 should work great with the ZS7. Do try to make use of that 2.5 balanced out. I have found balanced almost always sounds better than 3.5. Let us all know what you think about the ZS7, when you get them, and have had a chance to evaluate with your new cable.

I'm sure I missed a few, but thanks for steering me towards the ZS7
They're a fun setup, without any fatigue, at higher volume,
with an assist from the ES100

ZS7 winner.jpg

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #46,608 of 63,916
Hey guys, i'm thinking of getting some kz foam tips.
The blue ones ar the size M, right?

Ok, looking ar the description on AE it looks like they're a universal size. So, at this point the question is, is there any difference between the different colors, or is it itst an aesthetical thing?

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #46,610 of 63,916
Does anyone have both the KZ ZS7 and the CCA C10 and can offer a comparison? ThePhonograph.net's review of the C10 talks about how similar they are. Their graphs indicate some differences in treble response, while the bass doesn't look that different, but they suggest the ZS7 is for those who want more bass than the C10 offers. Does that observation hold out for most people, and are there noticable differences in treble response as well?

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #46,611 of 63,916
Does anyone have both the KZ ZS7 and the CCA C10 and can offer a comparison? ThePhonograph.net's review of the C10 talks about how similar they are. Their graphs indicate some differences in treble response, while the bass doesn't look that different, but they suggest the ZS7 is for those who want more bass than the C10 offers. Does that observation hold out for most people, and are there noticable differences in treble response as well?
I can confirm that the zs7 is a bass cannon.

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #46,613 of 63,916
The 7 treble is a bit rolled off, ZS7 has a deep sub bass rumble with good texture, if you cable it it greatly increases soundstage detail and separation

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #46,614 of 63,916
Aug 13, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #46,616 of 63,916
Can anyone suggest the best pair of KZ earphones under 20 dollars for rock (Rush, Green day, The Beatles, RHCP etc)?

KZ ED9 (filters allow you to tweak sound per your liking) and ZSN/ZSN Pro

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #46,619 of 63,916
Does anyone know a good cable for the ZS6 v2?

I just realized I have been confusing cable microphonics with the music I thought I was listening to!

Just get trn bt20s no more microphonic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back