Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 8, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #46,426 of 63,954
I might have missed it previously -- what are you using for your source? I'm surprised it's falling back to SBC, that's not a good sign.
I wondered about this when I used them last night. My initial impression was is this aac? I have an iPhone currently so I have no way to know for sure. But i felt the same about compression and dynamics. They do sound very good and remind me of my other chifi hybrids. They are bright but not piercing. Bass is tight with little bleed. I’m not going to complain about them too much for 40 bucks. They are a fun purchase but probably won’t get a ton of use unless I can solve the volume problem. Overall I would rate the sq on par with Powerbeats pro. Better in some respects and worse in others and different in tonality. For 40 bucks they are worth a flyer but don’t expect to have found your endgame.

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #46,427 of 63,954
I wondered about this when I used them last night. My initial impression was is this aac? I have an iPhone currently so I have no way to know for sure. But i felt the same about compression and dynamics. They do sound very good and remind me of my other chifi hybrids. They are bright but not piercing. Bass is tight with little bleed. I’m not going to complain about them too much for 40 bucks. They are a fun purchase but probably won’t get a ton of use unless I can solve the volume problem. Overall I would rate the sq on par with Powerbeats pro. Better in some respects and worse in others and different in tonality. For 40 bucks they are worth a flyer but don’t expect to have found your endgame.
Thanks for the info. I also have an iPhone, so I'll have to see how things work for me. I'll try it on some other sources, maybe they might improve the experience. Mine are currently on the slow boat.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, was that if they aren't good, the price isn't so high (thank goodness I didn't pull the trigger on those Klipsch TWS ones) that I can chalk it up to experience. I was also really tired of dealing with the horrible KNZs that I got off KS and the EOZs that I can barely bring myself to use, and I was ready for something new. Hopefully someday soon some company can put together a good all-around package. Otherwise I'm going to have a lot of entries in my BT list that will never get used again, and I feel bad giving someone a pair that is total junk.

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #46,428 of 63,954
Thanks for the info. I also have an iPhone, so I'll have to see how things work for me. I'll try it on some other sources, maybe they might improve the experience. Mine are currently on the slow boat.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, was that if they aren't good, the price isn't so high (thank goodness I didn't pull the trigger on those Klipsch TWS ones) that I can chalk it up to experience. I was also really tired of dealing with the horrible KNZs that I got off KS and the EOZs that I can barely bring myself to use, and I was ready for something new. Hopefully someday soon some company can put together a good all-around package. Otherwise I'm going to have a lot of entries in my BT list that will never get used again, and I feel bad giving someone a pair that is total junk.
Le me know how your volume works. Mine go from quiet to loud no matter how I try the slider. It’s awful and frankly makes them almost useless to me.

Aug 8, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #46,429 of 63,954
So did a recent inventory of just what all KZ's I've been rotating and here's camp KZ today:grin:

My KZ Rotation.JPG

I'm also sure I have or will have shortly started a flame war over in the Portable Rigs thread since I sad I simply could not in my right mind justify the difference $5,825.00 in this rig:

Chi-Fi Doodle Doo.JPG

And Mr.Skydiver's Cayin N8 and his new Layla's:fearful: This old Tomahak/Shanny M2 combo with the BA10's sound so good it's just unimaginable to me that Cayin Harvey combo could sound >$5500 better but as I told them if you have the means and desire more power to ya:smirk:

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #46,430 of 63,954
I might have missed it previously -- what are you using for your source? I'm surprised it's falling back to SBC, that's not a good sign.
T1 only has AAC and SBC, no aptX. AAC I cannot keep a stable bitrate and eventually it dies, SBC from my laptop and phone works fine, but pretty compressed.

Does anyone with an iPhone have success using them without bad compression in the highs?

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #46,432 of 63,954
Aug 8, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #46,433 of 63,954
Hey everyone! Maybe you can help me clear up some confusion I'm experiencing in looking for an upgrade cable for my ZS10 Pro. I keep running into all sorts of conflicting information. Right now I'm opting for picking up a cable off Amazon because I'd like to get one in quickly, since the stock cable with the angled jack can't fit into my phone's port because of a clearance issue with the case I'm using.
Basically I need some tips on how to identify what cables will fit on the ZS10 Pro's. I know they're 0.75mm and a C type pin. But not all listings of cables mention type A B or C. Only some do.. And then I look through the listings on both Amazon and Aliexpress, claiming that some 0.78mm cables supposedly fit? Also I keep running into conflicting info. Like some people answer questions on Amazon claiming that they do fit the Pro's, but then other people or the seller comment saying they don't! Argh lol! It seems that the B type pin cable from my CCA C10's also fit snugly on the ZS10 Pro. So I've been looking at various cables with those types of connectors, but it seems that there are variances in the designs, making some compatible and some not. And a bunch of the ones I've found are unclear as to whether they fit or not.

I definitely want to make an informed purchase. Something good quality, durable, preferably under $30.

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #46,434 of 63,954
Hey everyone! Maybe you can help me clear up some confusion I'm experiencing in looking for an upgrade cable for my ZS10 Pro. I keep running into all sorts of conflicting information. Right now I'm opting for picking up a cable off Amazon because I'd like to get one in quickly, since the stock cable with the angled jack can't fit into my phone's port because of a clearance issue with the case I'm using.
Basically I need some tips on how to identify what cables will fit on the ZS10 Pro's. I know they're 0.75mm and a C type pin. But not all listings of cables mention type A B or C. Only some do.. And then I look through the listings on both Amazon and Aliexpress, claiming that some 0.78mm cables supposedly fit? Also I keep running into conflicting info. Like some people answer questions on Amazon claiming that they do fit the Pro's, but then other people or the seller comment saying they don't! Argh lol! It seems that the B type pin cable from my CCA C10's also fit snugly on the ZS10 Pro. So I've been looking at various cables with those types of connectors, but it seems that there are variances in the designs, making some compatible and some not. And a bunch of the ones I've found are unclear as to whether they fit or not.

I definitely want to make an informed purchase. Something good quality, durable, preferably under $30.

Here you go friend. Genuine KZ gold plated/silver plated mixed 8-wire braided upgrade cable. Good quality, good sound, and fits perfectly:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RSZL1JD

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #46,436 of 63,954

I’m getting the Linsoul tomorrow: $27
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SS9S4DQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On Amazon there’s also an 8 core, silver plated, copper for $18 in copper/brown and $20 for black. I believe the mft is on this site’s banned listing. I was just using this one today. At this price point, I think it’s more about aesthetics, than sonic improvements.

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #46,438 of 63,954
I’m getting the Linsoul tomorrow: $27
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SS9S4DQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On Amazon there’s also an 8 core, silver plated, copper for $18 in copper/brown and $20 for black. ...
At this price point, I think it’s more about aesthetics, than sonic improvements.

More likely, if cables can make any sonic difference, it will be when changing from 0.8 Ohm (and more if with microphone etc) of stock cables to ~0.3 Ohm (or below) of any decent cable. Further improvements should be progressively smaller by the laws of electrical signal transmission and diminished returns.

Though if subjective perceptions rule - different cable colours may matter by the skin effect :) :)

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #46,439 of 63,954
So did a recent inventory of just what all KZ's I've been rotating and here's camp KZ today:grin:

I'm also sure I have or will have shortly started a flame war over in the Portable Rigs thread since I sad I simply could not in my right mind justify the difference $5,825.00 in this rig:

And Mr.Skydiver's Cayin N8 and his new Layla's:fearful: This old Tomahak/Shanny M2 combo with the BA10's sound so good it's just unimaginable to me that Cayin Harvey combo could sound >$5500 better but as I told them if you have the means and desire more power to ya:smirk:
I agree...if ya got the coin and you're willing to drop it on a MAYBE 20% improvement, then knock yourself out. Otherwise, I'm staying in the "bang for your buck" camp. I like it here.

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #46,440 of 63,954
I agree...if ya got the coin and you're willing to drop it on a MAYBE 20% improvement, then knock yourself out. Otherwise, I'm staying in the "bang for your buck" camp. I like it here.
I'm not sure what a "bang for your buck camp" is but you have a few "expensive" iems.

I guess it's not about price, but quality? Isn't that what everyone wants?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back