Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 7, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #46,411 of 63,976
ZS10 Pro: Very impressive! I didn't think the ZS7 would be improved upon but the 10 Pro has wonderful mids and sparkly treble and a huge soundstage, and doesn't give anything away in the bass. Sub-bass has great detail and texture and mid bass doesn't bleed. It is a bold cinematic presentation. Using them with a TRN 16 core silver plated cable and the pre-fitted tips. Vangelis's "Rosetta" sounds amazing. I'm a happy bunny!

Ah nice! How well does the TRN 16 core cable fit onto the ZS10 Pros? I had ordered the same cable originally for my CCA C10's, but since then I got the ZS10 Pro, which I absolutely love. It's still going to be a few weeks before the cable arrives from China.. I wasn't sure if it'd fit on the Pros,but I guess it does?

Aug 7, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #46,412 of 63,976
Ah nice! How well does the TRN 16 core cable fit onto the ZS10 Pros? I had ordered the same cable originally for my CCA C10's, but since then I got the ZS10 Pro, which I absolutely love. It's still going to be a few weeks before the cable arrives from China.. I wasn't sure if it'd fit on the Pros,but I guess it does?
It fits very well indeed. It is also very supple and this results in a comfortable wear.

Aug 7, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #46,414 of 63,976
I didn't think the ZS10Pro couldn't get any better...it can with a better source.
Absolutely stunning when paired with the Fiio M11. Excellent on all types of music tested so far, but crappy encoded mp3s sound as they should...crappy
Very, very happy with both.
You are very lucky indeed, to have a dap as fine as the M11. Enjoy it! I hope to get one for Christmas. Gift to myself. From all the reviews I've read or watched on YouTube, the M11 is a giant killer. Nice to hear that the ZS10 PRO scales well with higher quality, more powerful sources. It's really a remarkable performer, and proves that good audio doesn't have to cost several hundred or thousands of $$'s.

Aug 7, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #46,415 of 63,976
Why yes, the blue sounds more liquid than the silver, which sounds much spoonier
LMAO! I'm gonna use that descriptor at some point with some audio buddies. SPOONIER! Can't wait to see the puzzled looks on their faces. Best laugh I've had in days! Thanks for that!

Aug 7, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #46,416 of 63,976
I had the KZ T1's in and saw Tool's new song on Tidal. I thought "this should be ok". Got like 2 minutes in, put them back in the case and got the ZS10 Pro's, restarted the song :). Holy moly this song sounds absolutely amazing on the ZS10 Pro's.

Awesome! I can't freakin wait to hear Fear Inoculum with the ZS10 Pros! Been much too long since they released new music. I'm glad they finally hopped on the streaming bandwagon too! But I didn't think they officially released any tracks from the new album yet? I thought they've only played 2 new songs in live performances? I don't really stream music. But i thought so far they've just released their 5 older albums to streaming.

Aug 7, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #46,417 of 63,976
Ok, since some people shared some music to check out with the ZS10 Pro, I felt the need to share this! Not only did it sound superb with them, even for a YouTube video, I feel like the whole song is an incredible listening experience! But fair warning, if you haven't heard Tatiana from Jinjer sing yet, you are in for a real shock!
She's inhumanly talented. The whole band is incredibly talented. Theres a good reason why YouTube is loaded with "First reaction" videos of this song! Enjoy!
I really love how this song sounds on my ZS10 Pro's. It's a really well-recorded live studio session. So there's no post processing effects. It's just raw Jinjer hehe. It has a really nice Soundstage. I wish I could find their albums in some kinda High Res format.

Aug 7, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #46,418 of 63,976
Not sure how that has anything to do with my going to sleep. LOL! I sleep fine, whether internet is on or off.

I think he meant wifi, and mobile radio signals.

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #46,419 of 63,976
The v1 ZS10 has come alive with awesomeness. It just needs a KZ 8 core silver cable and Spinfits (CP145). Wow. This iem has been sitting in a drawer for months... not anymore.

I think the ZS7 should stay in the drawer. It's good but maybe overrated. It's open backed form makes the sound not as tight or clear as other models. It doesnt sound good using public transportation.

*** This ZS10 combination sounds perfect with rock music. Especially older music.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #46,420 of 63,976
While the TRN 16 core cable is ok, it has quite long and straight plugs, I don't find it the best fit for ZS10/ZSN series. It fits nicer on ZS7, bqeyz etc. imo. It's soft and non-sticky, it's ok but not a fan of the colors nor the "carbon fiber" plug (What is wrong with ppl who design this, are they need for speed fanbois?)

Personally I find the KZ upgrade cable incredible for the price, it is extremely close to the KPE cable in shape, feel and colors, without this ugly (imo) middle round thing nor the "carbon" plug. The jack is a little big, only complain. It's really fantastic and nothing beats it for 7-8€ imo https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32944860811.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da26c378Yc2hz

There's the nicehck 8 core that looks nice silver/copper but has even longer plugs than the TRN 16 cores, and I HATE how sticky it feels and never straightens up.:angry:

I'm waiting for a **** 8 core to see if it's better hopefully than the nicehck and maybe the TRN

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #46,422 of 63,976
While the TRN 16 core cable is ok, it has very long and straight plugs, I don't find it the best fit for ZS10/ZSN series. It fits nicer on ZS7, bqeyz etc. imo. It's soft and non-sticky, it's ok but not a fan of the colors nor the "carbon fiber" plug (What is wrong with ppl who design this, are they need for speed fanbois?)

Personally I find the KZ upgrade cable incredible for the price, it is extremely close to the KPE cable in shape, feel and colors, without this ugly (imo) middle round thing nor the "carbon" plug. The plug is a little big, only complain. It's really fantastic and nothing beats it for 7-8€ imo https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32944860811.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da26c378Yc2hz

There's the nicehck 8 core that has shorter plugs than the TRN 16 cores, that fits a bit better imo but I HATE how sticky it feels and never straightens up.:angry:

I'm waiting for a **** 8 core to see if it's better hopefully than the nicehck.

Your KZ upgrade cable looks good. Does it come with a chin slider?

Aug 8, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #46,423 of 63,976
No chin slider, never use it when there's one anyway.

@xxAMAROKxx : I said the plugs, not the pins. The plugs are very long, and straight, that looks and fits a bit strange on ZS10/ZSN imo. If it's fine for you no problem :)

The KZ "B pin" cable has short plugs, and the pins are recessed in a hollowed housing, if you see what I mean. I think it fits ZS10 pro but actually I need to confirm. There's a gold/silver version with "C pin" that has the perfect connector, but I don't have that one https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/33009271293.html

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #46,424 of 63,976
Awesome! I can't freakin wait to hear Fear Inoculum with the ZS10 Pros! Been much too long since they released new music. I'm glad they finally hopped on the streaming bandwagon too! But I didn't think they officially released any tracks from the new album yet? I thought they've only played 2 new songs in live performances? I don't really stream music. But i thought so far they've just released their 5 older albums to streaming.

They released one song from their new album Aug 7. Do listen to it on good headphones/IEM's. It's a real awesome song.

On a diffent note, I can't really recommend the KZ T1 unless you can handle the occasional 1-3 second right side dropout, and really low bitrates. If I had to guess, its 64-128Kbps audio, nowhere near the full capability of SBC. So much compression that muddies low highs and highs. They're fine and do work relatively decent, but I wouldn't go in expecting any sort of high audio quaility from these. It's like streaming from a shoutcast server in 2006. I think these might actually sound really decent if the bitrate wasn't a mess.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #46,425 of 63,976
They released one song from their new album Aug 7. Do listen to it on good headphones/IEM's. It's a real awesome song.

On a diffent note, I can't really recommend the KZ T1 unless you can handle the occasional 1-3 second right side dropout, and really low bitrates. If I had to guess, its 64-128Kbps audio, nowhere near the full capability of SBC. So much compression that muddies low highs and highs. They're fine and do work relatively decent, but I wouldn't go in expecting any sort of high audio quaility from these. It's like streaming from a shoutcast server in 2006. I think these might actually sound really decent if the bitrate wasn't a mess.
I might have missed it previously -- what are you using for your source? I'm surprised it's falling back to SBC, that's not a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back