1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. nxnje
    I really miss something when i listen to the CA4. It really seems like i'm missing something but i don't understand what.

Imho, ZS10 Pro is exceptional. Compared to the C10 it's definitely more "rock'n roll". The ZS7 howewer has my heart: i mainly listen to electronic music and the ZS7 is godness.
    The ZS10 Pro have more treble and more details compared to the ZS7 which is warmer. Soundstage is bigger in the ZS7 but instrument separation feels a bit better in the ZS10 Pro.
    They are superb but if it was me, i wouldn't buy it having C10 and ZS7 already and i would maybe buy something else (T3, CCA A10 and similar) just to have somethinf "really different".

Me 2. Sub bass is just amazing in the ZS7.
    T3 are also superb and very musicals, perfect for orchestral music.

Some days i just leave my other IEMs on my desk (T3, ZS7, ZS10 Pro, CCA A10..) and pick the EDR1.
    Many friends always ask me why do i pick a 3$ earphone while i got some more expensive and more technically capable ones, and i always answer i do not know.
    EDR1s really have something special.. Single DD is a lifestyle :D

2. youngarthur
    Ive ordered a pair, should be interesting.

HungryPanda likes this.
  3. baskingshark
    Wow I haven't heard of drivers dying so fast within a year. QC issue? In my experience, it is usually the cable that dies before the driver but seems you have checked the cable.

4. Slater
    Yes, I own the LP3. It is the worst KZ product I’ve ever owned.

BadReligionPunk likes this.
  5. B9Scrambler
    Erk. That's saying a lot considering the ED12 and ZSE are a thing, lol.

DocHoliday likes this.
  6. Slater
    I agree, same with me!

B9Scrambler and igorneumann like this.
  7. Slater
    I’d happily take my ZSE any day over the LP3. The LP3 is on another level!

Just to give you an example, the cups have no adjustability at all. You have to deform and bend the headband to get the cups to fit your ears (unless of course your head is shaped like a perfect cube or you are Johnny 5). But that’s a problem, because the plastic cups (which are attached to the headband via a single, tiny screw that comes pre-stripped from the factory) are made from incredibly cheap and brittle plastic. But that’s OK you say, you can take the shell apart and replace the stripped screw with something beefier (like a nut, bolt, and some washers for extra reinforcement). But then you find the whole shell is glued together with copious amounts of crusty brown epoxy, that practically fuses the brittle plastic together.

Oh, and they give you a few different pads, like big foam Grado style pads and also some smaller foam pads plus pleather pads. Which is actually a really cool idea (like the Philips A5 Pro’s multiple different pads to change the sound). The problem is that when you go to try and change the default foam pads, you find that they glued the foam pads on. So you must tear and destroy the pads to try any of the other included pads (not to mention meticulously remove the billion tiny glue and torn foam remnants from the cups). Because if you don’t remove all of the bits, the other pads won’t fit on properly.

And that’s just a taste of the build quality. I won’t even go into the sound.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  8. B9Scrambler
    Lmao! They sound like they're terrible O_O

Slater likes this.
  9. archdawg
    Yeah, I double checked everything but sh.t like this just happens once in a while, no big deal. As I've posted before I've had some issues with a nasty resonant peak around 7.9 kHz anyway that wouldn't go away even after a couple hundred hours of playtime and so I see it as a sort of invitation to replace those 30095s on both sides with something nicer. Once I'm at it I might as well check the crossover in order to extend the treble a bit. The ZS7 are well worth a bit of extra work IMO, especially on the treble.
    I'll report back.

10. steviewonderbread
    For anyone looking, the blue-plated ZS10 Pro are showing up on Amazon for me (USA). So tempting to get one as a gift or backup

peskypesky and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  11. Assimilator702
    I found the same thing with my pair. Absolutely unlistenable when I first got them. They weren’t even to my satisfaction after 80 hours. I put an extra 80 hours on them and I noticed a big difference. Now I can use silicone tips when I needed foam tips at first.

archdawg, LaughMoreDaily and Nimweth like this.
  12. LaughMoreDaily
    My AS10 sounds dark and natural but with harshness in my Zishan Z1. Harshness is the treble I'm hearing? I'm not impressed.

Edit: it was the production of the album I was listening to at the time. It's still a very dark iem.

13. theresanarc
    I've been recommended the ZS3/ZS4/ZS4e (or 3e?) on here for really good noise isolation since the ZSN I bought isn't doing a good job of isolating.

Out of these three, which would have the most forward sounding and flatter or at least not bass-heavy sound signature?

14. HungryPanda
    ZS3e would do the job nicely

15. Slater
    All 3 of those have ear plug-like isolation, but they all have bass heavy signatures (deep V and L shaped signatures). It’s kinda the hallmark of the ZS3 & ZS4 series.

So if you’re looking for a flat signature and/or forward mids, those are about the polar opposite of what you want.

Update: For flat signature that’s not bass heavy, I’d consider something like KB Ear F1 or Audiosense T180. Both have great isolation too, as they’re single BA IEMs. T180 especially, as it uses a Knowles driver and is an excellent value.