1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. actorlife
    Go for the KZ ZST not over bassy just enough. I like the ZS3 and it's bassy but not overly Beats bassy. Then there is always EQ to turn down the bass on any IEM. Have fun.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  2. LaughMoreDaily
    My girlfriend can't find the EDR1 I let her borrow. A roommate probably stole it. So I bought another! $5! #KZAddict

peskypesky likes this.
  3. voicemaster
    No zs10 pro for her?

SoundChoice likes this.
  4. LaughMoreDaily
    She's using the Rock Zircon's I gave her and seems happy with them. She only knows about Apple...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  5. LaughMoreDaily
    OMG, Zeos just reviewed the KZ ZS10!

ShakyJake and courierdriver like this.
  6. LaughMoreDaily
    Does anyone know what cables make the AS10 sound better? It has to be the most professional (!) and best sounding (?) KZ I have and I want to make it better! TIA!

7. xxAMAROKxx
    Yes, it's best sounding KZ, IMHO. I found the silver cable to be a better choice than original. It tightens the bass and improves a transition between mids and heights. I have ordered a second pair of the AS10, before they make a new revision :beyersmile:

EDIT: But still waiting for a silver/gold cable with B-pin...

PhonoPhi likes this.
  8. xxAMAROKxx
    ZS3e is extremly bassy iem, better with foam tips. I always prefered original ZS3.

9. PhonoPhi
    I also ordered second AS10 almost right away after I got the first one (just in case) :)

AS10 has a really nice signature to my preference - warm yet resolving.
    Since I liked AS10 bass, I actually preferred an original cable (~0.8 Ohm) to low-impedance ones and was using it unbalanced with my DAP.

Even more, adding a 20-Ohm impedance adapter (aka resistor) was working fairly well to give a bit more warmth to my ears (CCA A10 in contrast did not sound great at all with this adapter).

If tighter bass is the preference and more resolution - CCA C16 does it very well and slowly replaced AS10 as my primary IEM.

Mybutthurts and xxAMAROKxx like this.
  10. Mybutthurts

I have a Nicehck cable from AliExpress and a KZ upgrade cable. Both are good.
    Would post links but these fail when posting on my phone. So search for :-

NICEHCK 8 Core Silver Plated Upgrade Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm

KZ ZSN Cable Oxygen Free Copper C Style Pink Gold Headphone Original Wire.
    Option on KZ to choose B type.

The KZ cable was discussed earlier on this thread, quite good for the price

Both are reasonable prices. IMHO

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  11. 40lb
    Just got the ZS10 Pro and I'm a believer, the first impression is a good one so far. 20190725_204819.jpg

12. loomisjohnson
    every new kz model generates gushing praise before going going through more critical revaluation--it's a natural law. i do observe that the zs10 pro has had an unusually long honeymoon period--usually it's a month or so before sentiment changes.

13. Mlaihk
    Also because something better comes along so quickly. I have hoped from B50>Andromeda>Andromeda S>T800>as16>zs10pro>NX7 in matter of 25 days

LaughMoreDaily and Zerohour88 like this.
  14. archdawg
    Since you're having some nice IEMs in your sig ... how do the 10Pro compare to the Solaris / Andros?

My honeymoon with the 10Pros got delayed since they only started to really shine after the first couple weeks but finally pianos sound like pianos and more natural than on my ZS7. The latter ones sound distinctively more coherent to my ears though, especially obvious with fast transients (drums, percussion, ...).

LaughMoreDaily and loomisjohnson like this.
  15. 40lb
    I normally ignore the hype some IEMs get and when I heard about this one I brushed it off at first. In the end, when I saw how cheap I could get a cable (2.5'm) and the IEMs for, I then thought I won't cry over wasting that much if they are bad.

Now back to listening.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.