Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 12, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #45,706 of 63,936

Wow these are great. The one word I keep coming back too about the sound is "refined" . I have the zsr and while the sound is pretty good these are another level. They sound so much more expensive in terms of what a IEM with 5 drivers cost elsewhere..

Oh and using the Sonata HD DAC on these is a perfect pairing
Agreed, and totally concur. These really do sound like they should cost alot more.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #45,707 of 63,936
Wait, what? He dips the foam earbud covers in wax? Or the ear bud? What does that accomplish? Does it protect his skin from chemicals?

Yeah, I thought he was just a little off myself but he can’t take the foam so he came up with the idea and since it’s a thin coat and dries fast it dies not hurt the hard plastic shell and for him they are smoother to his ears. I’m going to ping him as I think he’s also done it to a metal shell bud he has:astonished:

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #45,708 of 63,936
Yes, they are the only 2 models that KZ said they were coming out with, but never did. Why they did every single other one (but those 2) is beyond me. Maybe they got busy with the whole CCA thing and forgot. Either way, it’s unfortunate, because I was actually really looking forward to those 2 models.
Yeah, they look like they could've been something good. Too bad they didn't follow through on those designs. I really like the look of the 66 shell. Ah, well...you know KZ...I'm sure their cookin something else up that's right along those lines.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #45,709 of 63,936
I just got my JCALLY 8-strand balanced cable that I ordered off Ali, hooked up my KZ10 Pros and plugged it in to my ES100 at lunch. I'm thinking it's a big upgrade from the upgraded silver unbalanced KZ upgrade cable that came free with the KZ10 Pros. First impressions, holy cr@p! The soundstage expanded, and I hear more separation between instruments. Once I've had a chance to listen more and A/B it with the silver cable, I'll post more details. It seems like it makes an already impressive IEM even better.
I've got the same cable/iem combo, and love the SQ from my Fiio Q1MK2 from the balanced out.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #45,710 of 63,936
So I finally figured out the "B" in MB stands for Buds:rolling_eyes::scream::grin:
Yup...buds! I suspected after I checked out her profile page. I'm bud-curious myself, but I've had a couple sets in the past and never liked how easily they came out of my ears. I'm kinda diggin some of the newer styles that you can wear with an over ear wire, though. That's been they biggest problem for me in the past. I don't like hang down wires...they always have pulled out of my ears really easily.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #45,711 of 63,936
Totally agree! ZS10 Pro is phenomenal for the price, yet I balk at spending $80+ CDN on the AS 12. I can't justify the cost for a bigger shellsize which probably won't fit me comfortably and is just a set with an extra ba. Love the thought of a DLC dynamic totally. I already have Moondrop KPE and TFZ NO.3 is almost here. I think it would be cool to see what KZ could pull off with that kind of driver, for around $50-65. If they came out with such a set, with the ZSN/ZSN PRO/ZS10 PRO shell for comfort/ergonomics, I'd jump all over it.

Wow I am looking forward to your Moondrop kansas pro vs TFZ No. 3 comparisons.

Totally agree that the ZS10 Pro is super good for its pricing, just two to three years ago, we would have to pay at least $200 - 300 USD for a similar multi driver IEM from western companies. But after the success of the ZS10 Pro I am not sure why now KZ and its subsidiaries (CCA/Tripowin) keep churning out similar specs multi driver IEMs and just reshell it and rebrand it. Aren't they diluting their customer base? CCA may be tuned more neutrally and balanced than the typical KZ V shaped signature, but I feel stuff like the Tripowin TP10 doesn't really value add in terms of offering a different sound signature for the budget CHIFI segment. It seems to me like they are just trying to add as many drivers inside a shell and hope for a well tuned product to appear.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #45,712 of 63,936
Wow I am looking forward to your Moondrop kansas pro vs TFZ No. 3 comparisons.

Totally agree that the ZS10 Pro is super good for its pricing, just two to three years ago, we would have to pay at least $200 - 300 USD for a similar multi driver IEM from western companies. But after the success of the ZS10 Pro I am not sure why now KZ and its subsidiaries (CCA/Tripowin) keep churning out similar specs multi driver IEMs and just reshell it and rebrand it. Aren't they diluting their customer base? CCA may be tuned more neutrally and balanced than the typical KZ V shaped signature, but I feel stuff like the Tripowin TP10 doesn't really value add in terms of offering a different sound signature for the budget CHIFI segment. It seems to me like they are just trying to add as many drivers inside a shell and hope for a well tuned product to appear.
Yeah, I have a hard time wrapping my head around why they have so many different brands and continue to make so many similar type configurations. But if you look at them all individually, they all seem to offer something different in their builds, sizes, materials and overall ergonomics/aesthetics. I chose the ZS10 PRO because I liked the shell size and shape, the length of the nozzle and its mostly metal construction. CCA C10 has similar drivers (from what I have read, anyway) but has a bigger shell with a shorter plastic nozzle. I don't think that will work well for my earshape, so I went with the ZS10 Pro instead. I will post a review of my impressions/comparisons of the KanasPro, TFZ NO.3, and ZS10 PRO once I've received the No.3 and had some time with them. Honestly though, as much as I like KZ's success with their all BA and hybrid iems, I'd love to see a DD with a DLC coating from them. If they could do it well and sell it for around $65...it might be something that could give strong competition to other higher priced brands now available.

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #45,713 of 63,936
Yeah, I have a hard time wrapping my head around why they have so many different brands and continue to make so many similar type configurations. But if you look at them all individually, they all seem to offer something different in their builds, sizes, materials and overall ergonomics/aesthetics. I chose the ZS10 PRO because I liked the shell size and shape, the length of the nozzle and its mostly metal construction. CCA C10 has similar drivers (from what I have read, anyway) but has a bigger shell with a shorter plastic nozzle. I don't think that will work well for my earshape, so I went with the ZS10 Pro instead. I will post a review of my impressions/comparisons of the KanasPro, TFZ NO.3, and ZS10 PRO once I've received the No.3 and had some time with them. Honestly though, as much as I like KZ's success with their all BA and hybrid iems, I'd love to see a DD with a DLC coating from them. If they could do it well and sell it for around $65...it might be something that could give strong competition to other higher priced brands now available.
I went to the beach with my buddies yesterday, brought my EDR1 along and didn't miss anything 'better' too much. Again and again I can't believe how decent they sound (and isolate) for their 3€, especially run from an external DAC with some little subtractive EQing here and there. Now if KZ came out with one or more sophisticated single DDs ... DLC, titanium, beryllium, nanosomething, whatever ... just count me in.

Looking forward to your comparisons (KPE, #3) ...

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #45,714 of 63,936
Yup...buds! I suspected after I checked out her profile page. I'm bud-curious myself, but I've had a couple sets in the past and never liked how easily they came out of my ears. I'm kinda diggin some of the newer styles that you can wear with an over ear wire, though. That's been they biggest problem for me in the past. I don't like hang down wires...they always have pulled out of my ears really easily.

Well then, the Smabat ST-10 was made for you :) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993154088.html

HTB1iQ3XNkvoK1RjSZFNq6AxMVXaB.jpg

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #45,716 of 63,936
is the ZS10 Pro an upgrade over the es4? Forgot the es4 somewhere when changing buds on the apt-x hd cable.
Yes, a huge upgrade actually. es4 were made doing the old process, they have re designed / engineered all the buds since. ZS10 Pro are amazing - i can't put them down.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #45,717 of 63,936
Yes, a huge upgrade actually. es4 were made doing the old process, they have re designed / engineered all the buds since. ZS10 Pro are amazing - i can't put them down.

was looking for a new 2 pin for the apt-x hd cable, and totally lost with all the models etc. Either zs 10 pro, zs7 and cca c10 on my list so far, that price range.
Really like my tin t2, if that came with 2 pin I would buy another.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #45,718 of 63,936
Out of those the ZS10 Pro is the best overall sounding imo. If you want something a bit cheaper the ZSN Pro is another one of the latest designs, I guess they have a great sound to them too. I haven't tried them personally but, they have he same shell has the ZS10 - just 2 drivers instead of 5 per ear.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #45,719 of 63,936

Users who are viewing this thread

Back