Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 6, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #45,586 of 63,834
Do update us (or me, at least :p ) on how all those clones end up working out, I am curious!
Sure. They should arrive in next couple of weeks, hopefully.

Jul 6, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #45,588 of 63,834
Wow, the KZ starline flip-tips are so convenient to clean inside-and-out with 5-minute perfect sealing, making me want to buy spare KZ starlines. A perfect companion to my ZSAs, indeed. :)

Awwww yeaahhhh, I agree the flip tips rock!

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #45,589 of 63,834
I try when I am watching a tv show, lol. I also notice peoples ears and sometimes comment on how difficult it might be for them to fit iems,,, buds,,, headphones. Ears are really weird looking.

55B01D39-27CB-41E6-A6B3-32D07E82BC5A.jpeg

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #45,591 of 63,834
Lol. I'm going to recommend over ear headphones. Any kind. It doesn't matter. Just any pair please.

That person might be able to get some CIEMs to fit. They’d definitely be odd looking CIEMs!

Also, I just noticed how rectangular (or almost square) their ears are. So even some over ears may not work, unless they had the rectangular ear pads.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #45,593 of 63,834
Looks like this person could handle a good 3 way. One iem per hole, each covering a different set of frequencies. Just like speakers. The challenge of getting a good fit for each, tho...Lol!

Jul 7, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #45,594 of 63,834
Spent the better part of yesterday's afternoon enjoying my ZSA, I really like them quite a bit. Among other vibes I listened to some of my trusty test tracks yet again and these critters keep surprising me with their coherency*, pretty decent bass and vocals and spatial rendering (almost pinpoint imaging) that gives some of my more expensive and complex IEMs a run for the money. 12€ well spent, lol.

* most of my hybrid and multi BA IEMs render the vibraphone on one of my test tracks with low frequency interferences; the ZSA reproduces those vibes like single DD phones without any additional, artificial LF beats. No matter how much I like some of my 3 or 4-way phones I guess I'm finally moving back to single or 2-way IEMs, like back in the day.
Next stop: Toneking Nine Tails, wherever I'll see them on sale.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #45,595 of 63,834
Spent the better part of yesterday's afternoon enjoying my ZSA, I really like them quite a bit. Among other vibes I listened to some of my trusty test tracks yet again and these critters keep surprising me with their coherency*, pretty decent bass and vocals and spatial rendering (almost pinpoint imaging) that gives some of my more expensive and complex IEMs a run for the money. 12€ well spent, lol.

* most of my hybrid and multi BA IEMs render the vibraphone on one of my test tracks with low frequency interferences; the ZSA reproduces those vibes like single DD phones without any additional, artificial LF beats. No matter how much I like some of my 3 or 4-way phones I guess I'm finally moving back to single or 2-way IEMs, like back in the day.
Next stop: Toneking Nine Tails, wherever I'll see them on sale.

A well refined triple driver could go a long way. One for each low middle and high frequencies. Given it gets harder to manage crossover in an iem consisting a larger number of drivers. Would like to see more of that.

That said I'm getting the zs10 pro for a trade with the zs7. Since as12 or a10 dont seem desirable to me sound wise. Dont think its worth buying without the trade.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #45,598 of 63,834
I have a question: A lot of people were talking a while back about the ZSN Pro sounding almost identical to ZS10 Pro except for having brighter treble. Now, everyone hails the ZS10 Pro as the best KZ iem (rightfully so) but no one even mentions the ZSN Pro despite it being $16. Where does ZSN Pro "rank" among KZ's lineup? Is it actually close to ZS10 Pro, or is it just good for the price?

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #45,599 of 63,834
What would be a better purchase? The ZS6 (£27.64) or the ZS10 Pro (£32.41). There’s £4.77 difference and I’m stuck deciding which to buy.
ZS10 Pro for sure

Jul 7, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #45,600 of 63,834
I have a question: A lot of people were talking a while back about the ZSN Pro sounding almost identical to ZS10 Pro except for having brighter treble. Now, everyone hails the ZS10 Pro as the best KZ iem (rightfully so) but no one even mentions the ZSN Pro despite it being $16. Where does ZSN Pro "rank" among KZ's lineup? Is it actually close to ZS10 Pro, or is it just good for the price?
I haven't heard the 10 Pro, but do have the ZSN Pro. I love them, and don't find them to be too treble happy at all. When I get a couple of bucks I'm planning on getting the 10's to give them a try. I do have the CCA C10 and can tell you I definitely prefer the ZSN to them. The C10 is kind of flat sounding in comparison, to me at least. Still not bad, just a little on the boring side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back