Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 4, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #45,571 of 63,939
LOL, I dig my 10 Pros so much I ordered two backup pairs off Drop and like you may end my KZ addiction with the 10's! Sorry @B9Scrambler to let you down but I've now got two lifetimes in iem's and with one starting college and the other just two years out I'm re-directing funds these days. Matter a fact I've really been hitting the gifting trail as of late and this is pretty much my current KZ stable outside of ZS1 Mini's (yes Slater the Garden Hose version of B9's beloved cable) and of course chrome ED9's (originals) to go with my black V2's.

Are the BA10's comfortable? lol

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #45,573 of 63,939
Jul 4, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #45,574 of 63,939
:L3000:
LOL, I dig my 10 Pros so much I ordered two backup pairs off Drop and like you may end my KZ addiction with the 10's! Sorry @B9Scrambler to let you down but I've now got two lifetimes in iem's and with one starting college and the other just two years out I'm re-directing funds these days. Matter a fact I've really been hitting the gifting trail as of late and this is pretty much my current KZ stable outside of ZS1 Mini's (yes Slater the Garden Hose version of B9's beloved cable) and of course chrome ED9's (originals) to go with my black V2's.

Yeah, I also bought a second set cause I love the sound so much. Also bought a 3.5 JCALLY cable and a case. Someone is getting a really nice gift at Christmas this year!

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #45,575 of 63,939
That horse was already beaten to death, stripped of any useful parts, and buried in the backyard to be unearthed when the area is flagged for a new housing complex.
LMAO! Requesting permission to use this in a future conversation anywhere. THAT...splains it all perfectly! Good one.

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #45,576 of 63,939
:ksc75smile:
It’s just a private label (aka rebrand, aka ODM), not a sub brand. KB Ear has a new one too, and they are very blatant that it’s nothing more than a rebranded KZ.

In other words, anyone can pay KZ to put your name and logo on a KZ IEM/packaging. You just have to buy a minimum number of units (like 1,000), plus pay retooling fees for things like logo printing, box printing, etc).

Companies all over the world do it all the time, ranging from headphones to toasters to canned soup to cars.

NiceHCK does not make their own cables. They pay someone to do it for them, and just put the NiceHCK logo on.
Um...so they are kinda like hifi gear prostitutes, in a sense?

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #45,577 of 63,939
ZS10 Pro Master Abalone Special Edition

DUDE! You got some serious skillz! Those are dope af. I'm sure your bro will love these. I'm totally awestruck at how great these look. Combined with the SQ of the ZS10 Pro, this particular set is stellar. Wow! Just...Wow.

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #45,578 of 63,939
Man that looks awesome.
Yeah...+1. Just amazing, stunning good looks. I'd pay extra, to get a customized set similar to that, but maybe a different colour combo. Like a red wood, or something.

Jul 5, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #45,579 of 63,939
Yeah...+1. Just amazing, stunning good looks. I'd pay extra, to get a customized set similar to that, but maybe a different colour combo. Like a red wood, or something.

Believe it or not, I am planning a wood version for my black/gold pair because I liked how the abalone ones turned out.

I just gotta decide on the right wood. I have a couple cool woods in mind (cocobolo, zebra wood, purpleheart, manzanita burl). I just gotta find the right piece with an interesting grain. As the face plate is so small, some wood wouldn’t look good. So many choices!

Jul 5, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #45,580 of 63,939
I think Im going to do a duct tape version for one of the ZSN I have. Little strips of duct tape and then poly over it.

Make it match this.
ibanez.jpg

Jul 5, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #45,582 of 63,939
Believe it or not, I am planning a wood version for my black/gold pair because I liked how the abalone ones turned out.

I just gotta decide on the right wood. I have a couple cool woods in mind (cocobolo, zebra wood, purpleheart, manzanita burl). I just gotta find the right piece with an interesting grain. As the face plate is so small, some wood wouldn’t look good. So many choices!
Let us know what you decide on! I'm partial to both the Cocobolo and Zebra...but the Zebra would be my favorite. Coco is very close second.

Jul 5, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #45,583 of 63,939
:smile_phones:
haha, while its fun to hear another derogatory term for KZ, its mostly the culture for most factory/manufacturers. Its extra business, simple as that.
Yeah, I get it. More brands=more options and exposure to the market.

Jul 5, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #45,584 of 63,939
The only KZ I'd buy now is ZS10 Pro. After tons of positive impressions, it seems a genuine differential in the KZ/CCA lineup. An expected drop in price during 11.11 sale will be very tempting. For now I've dabbled into $3 DIY Tennmak Pro knockoffs. Excitedly waiting for them to arrive. If they should sound half as decent I'd probably have a winner for my use and throw gym earphones.
Do update us (or me, at least :p ) on how all those clones end up working out, I am curious!

Jul 6, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #45,585 of 63,939
Are the BA10's comfortable? lol

Well I got Shrek ears so they do fit me just fine. Believe I do have fairly large ears though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back