Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 2, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #45,511 of 63,998
Jul 2, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #45,513 of 63,998
:L3000:
I agree. Copper color is too obscene to wear on public. lol
Totally disagree...unless someone is a total freakshow, most people don't stare at your ears to see what iems you're wearing. It's the bling of the cable that makes people notice that you're wearing a special and good sounding set. I get it if you're the shy type and don't wanna be noticed...but I'm not. I TOTALLY love the bling of a nice, transparent copper cable. A couple of days ago when I got on the bus, the hot female bus driver wanted to feel my cable on my Kanas Pro (ISN AUDIO C16). Giggidy! Cables are like jewelry...some like gold, some like silver, some like pearls and some like a nice Black Onyx. Different strokes, for different folks, as the old saying goes. Me, I like shiny stuff!

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #45,514 of 63,998

Totally disagree...unless someone is a total freakshow, most people don't stare at your ears to see what iems you're wearing. It's the bling of the cable that makes people notice that you're wearing a special and good sounding set. I get it if you're the shy type and don't wanna be noticed...but I'm not. I TOTALLY love the bling of a nice, transparent copper cable. A couple of days ago when I got on the bus, the hot female bus driver wanted to feel my cable on my Kanas Pro (ISN AUDIO C16). Giggidy! Cables are like jewelry...some like gold, some like silver, some like pearls and some like a nice Black Onyx. Different strokes, for different folks, as the old saying goes. Me, I like shiny stuff!

LOL that is too funny. She wanted to feel the cable.

BTW I don't find copper blingy at all.

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #45,515 of 63,998
I disagree. :wink: Copper rules the audio world!
Yup, it sure does. Not only does a quality made one sound great, it also complements the look of a nice iem. Just my opinion, of course.

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #45,516 of 63,998
Another copper fan here!

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #45,517 of 63,998
Best KZ cable. Come at me, brah.

P1020732.JPG

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #45,518 of 63,998
LOL that is too funny. She wanted to feel the cable.

BTW I don't find copper blingy at all.
No, lies...true story. She noticed my phone in my hand with a Fiio Q1MK2 attached to the back with strips of 3M Dual Lock. She asked me what this stuff was all about, and I said "good sound quality". Then, she saw my cable, and she reached out to feel it. I can't say that's ever happened to me before. Then again, I've only been wearing/using iems for 4 months. I can honestly say, that in my 40 years as an audiophile, no one ever wanted to feel my home audio system...or my speaker cables. The cable was definitely a conversation starter.

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #45,519 of 63,998

Edit: BTW, I fall into the "total freakshow" category. Whenever I see someone who's wearing iems or buds, I strain to see what brand they are. Sadly, most everyone I see or meet on the bus, uses those gawdawful Airpods.

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #45,521 of 63,998
Edit: BTW, I fall into the "total freakshow" category. Whenever I see someone who's wearing iems or buds, I strain to see what brand they are. Sadly, most everyone I see or meet on the bus, uses those gawdawful Airpods.

I try when I am watching a tv show, lol. I also notice peoples ears and sometimes comment on how difficult it might be for them to fit iems,,, buds,,, headphones. Ears are really weird looking.

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #45,522 of 63,998
I always get weirdo 20 somethins asking me if "those are hearing aids"?

Our mailman does wear hearing aids. I feel bad for him constantly bringing us little packages from China that say earphones on them... or headphone cable.. or earphone accessories. It is kind of embarrassing.

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #45,523 of 63,998
I have to agree with you Arch:beerchug: The ZS10 Pro IMHO is the best iem's (tuned wise) to come out of KZ to date and I love my ZS6's and 7 (Truthfully bang for the buck all my KZ's) but the more the 10 Pro's break in the sweeter they sound, timbre, slam, instrument separation, sound stage and ability to scale just about to everything I own is pretty crazy for what I paid for these:wink:

They are truly the Silver Surfers of Chi-Fi budget iem's:grin:

Agreed. Honestly, I’ve considered them an end game (for KZs anyways). They’ll have to come out with something pretty special to dethrone the ZS10 Pro (at least for me).

It was definitely a grand slam for KZ

AA0B1A7D-D180-40D0-A981-A42AD940C83E.gif

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #45,524 of 63,998
I try when I am watching a tv show, lol. I also notice peoples ears and sometimes comment on how difficult it might be for them to fit iems,,, buds,,, headphones. Ears are really weird looking.
Yeah...I can't say the ears are the first thing I notice when meeting people for the first time (unless something about them really makes them stand out...like overly huge or something like that). The thing I can say about this hobby though, is that ears make the biggest difference. Ears shapes and size make the difference between a headphone set that sounds great, or not. Just like the size of a room, room acoustics, etc. make a huge difference in how speakers sound. Different problems, but both depend on other factors. In the case of iems, IMHO, tips are a huge factor.

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #45,525 of 63,998
Best KZ cable. Come at me, brah.

It reminds me of ED9 that I got recently out of curiousity.
I would take the "copper" cable of ZS10, etc. instead any time. I am of a minority that is perfectly fine with those memory wires. (I did grow to appreciate the fit, feel and aesthetics of 8- and 16-core cables, but no sound difference for me).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back