Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 9, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #43,861 of 64,425
Some of the early reviews or "unboxings" did not contain any real info other than flashing around the shiny back plate. I was just annoyed at spending time listening or reading early unboxing events with no real substance on how it sounds. I appreciate the ones who only release their full review and not teasers designed to get people "pumped up". Silly me though, this is the world we live in today.

Yeah man. Those shameless shilly previews. Like this nerds' "First Look". Pure propaganda!!! https://thecontraptionist.blog/2019/04/28/kz-zs10-pro-first-look/

May 9, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #43,862 of 64,425
Good to know. Although, the cheapest co-donguri I could find is $70-$80.

Luckily, a full SML set of wide bore SpinFits are included with the Rosewill EX500.

I actually like the sound of the wide bore SpinFits on other IEMs much better than the narrow bore CP100 tips I had purchased separately.

At $12.99, you get a nice piezo hybrid IEM along with the tips. A bargain for sure, when the tips alone would cost more than that.
Not to threadjack (okay, no more than already), but what *would* be the standalone Spinfit equivalent to the ones that came with the Rosewills? Had been meaning to ask and then got distracted by I don't even remember what by this point...

May 9, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #43,863 of 64,425
Not to threadjack (okay, no more than already), but what *would* be the standalone Spinfit equivalent to the ones that came with the Rosewills? Had been meaning to ask and then got distracted by I don't even remember what by this point...

Well, SpinFits are unique in that they’re the only ones that pivot. No other tips do that, as they’re patented.

So there is no equivalent.

May 9, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #43,864 of 64,425
Yeah man. Those shameless shilly previews. Like this nerds' "First Look". Pure propaganda!!! https://thecontraptionist.blog/2019/04/28/kz-zs10-pro-first-look/

"Be on the lookout for a full review soon."

Yes that is one example of many. Since that is your blog, why not release a full review without the "first look"? Is it that competitive to get yours out first? I mean come on...thephonograph beat all of you and I would rather not scroll through a billion affiliate links :p

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #43,865 of 64,425
Well, SpinFits are unique in that they’re the only ones that pivot. No other tips do that, as they’re patented.

So there is no equivalent.
I meant which Spinfit model would I buy if I wanted the same thing again. :p

May 9, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #43,866 of 64,425
"Be on the lookout for a full review soon."

Yes that is one example of many. Since that is your blog, why not release a full review without the "first look"? Is it that competitive to get yours out first? I mean come on...thephonograph beat all of you and I would rather not scroll through a billion affiliate links :p

I like to share images and some brief first impressions after a couple days of use because people often ask for them and are curious. In regards to releasing a full review and skipping the 'first look', I need to spend a significant amount of time listening to a product to formulate firm enough impressions for an actual review. That takes a couple weeks at least. I can't just listen for a couple hours, describe a graph, half-ass the rest of the experience, and call it a day. If there are a bunch of reviewers covering something, I'm usually among the last to get my final impressions out there, well after the rush and/or hype has died down, with some exceptions of course.

On another note, be on the lookout for some first impressions of these and some earphone called the DMS in a couple days. :kissing_heart:

20190509_145818_HDR[1].jpg

May 9, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #43,867 of 64,425
I’ve never tried them because I don’t know if I’d use SM, M, or ML. And at $15-$20 a pack, I’d have to spend a ridiculous amount of money just to find out.

I wish they had a starter pack or find-your-fit assortment type pack, because I would pay $20 to get (1) of each size to find my best fit.
If you were interested in trying one of each, I see Penon Audio will let you pick and choose any three sizes for $9.90. Still more than Auvios go for by far, but at least it would save you from having to buy multiple three-packs of the different sizes.

https://penonaudio.com/jvc-spiral-dot-silicone-eartips.html

May 9, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #43,868 of 64,425
I meant which Spinfit model would I buy if I wanted the same thing again. :p

Oh I see what you mean. No clue.

I’ll take a look at their website later and let you know. There’s only a few single flange models it can be, and it’s definitely not CP100.

May 9, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #43,869 of 64,425
May 9, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #43,870 of 64,425
I like to share images and some brief first impressions after a couple days of use because people often ask for them and are curious. In regards to releasing a full review and skipping the 'first look', I need to spend a significant amount of time listening to a product to formulate firm enough impressions for an actual review. That takes a couple weeks at least. I can't just listen for a couple hours, describe a graph, half-ass the rest of the experience, and call it a day. If there are a bunch of reviewers covering something, I'm usually among the last to get my final impressions out there, well after the rush and/or hype has died down, with some exceptions of course.

On another note, be on the lookout for some first impressions of these and some earphone called the DMS in a couple days. :kissing_heart:

Agreed. Plus, 99% of us have full time jobs, family commitments, etc. We do this for the love of the hobby.

I know we live in an impatient society nowadays, where everyone wants and expects everything now! now! now!

But like you, I take my time and don’t half-ass anything I do.

I worked for a manager once that wanted a huge IT project done in 3 weeks that would normally take 3 months. I told him “That would be a RGE for both of us. I do good work and don’t half-ass things I put my name on, especially things I am responsible for supporting after it’s implemented.”

He said “why do good work when ok is good enough?”

Needless to say, I promptly gave him a letter of resignation.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #43,871 of 64,425

Interested in both, more so the DMS so thanks tease. I skipped the CCA16, might skip the AS16.

Agreed. Plus, 99% of us have full time jobs, family commitments, etc. We do this for the love of the hobby.

I know we live in an impatient society nowadays, where everyone wants and expects everything now! now! now!

Exactly, that is why less is more...if you take away the teasers, it leaves more time for reviewing and enjoying life. But I don't run a blog, take part in social media or do reviews so what do I know.

Again wasn't singling out anyone, I can pull up at least 3 promotions, all 3 received from linsoul, all published end of April so I assume as part of the deal they wanted press coverage. Now, get going with those reviews...NOW! NOW! NOW! :p

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #43,872 of 64,425
Nice! Burn those babies in and I hope we get some impressions soon...

May 9, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #43,873 of 64,425
Interested in both, more so the DMS so thanks tease. I skipped the CCA16, might skip the AS16.

Exactly, that is why less is more...if you take away the teasers, it leaves more time for reviewing and enjoying life. But I don't run a blog, take part in social media or do reviews so what do I know.

Again wasn't singling out anyone, I can pull up at least 3 promotions, all 3 received from linsoul so I assume as part of the deal they wanted press coverage. Now, get going with those review...NOW! NOW! NOW!

AS16 imo is good, but not a must have. You're not missing out on much by skipping it. (EDIT: This was supposed to say C16, but I suppose it applies to the AS16 as well. It's not a good all-rounder.)

I get what you mean about leaving out the teasers to spend more time elsewhere, but they help prevent tons of questions which can take a lot of time answering, esp. if they're looking for comparisons. The teaser doesn't have those, but they can request something in the comments and I'll try to work it into the review. Just as certain review formats have become somewhat standard, teasers seem to be heading that way as well. Honestly I'd rather have them than not. Pictures can be helpful, even if the written content isn't.

In regards to Linsoul, yeah, she sends out a lot of samples to lots of reviewers. Can't speak to anyone else, but she lets me review at my own pace since she knows I like to take my time, and right now I've got stuff going on in my personal life that means I have to put aside reviews for a few days at a time. No pressure for previews or rushed reviews, though sometimes she will ask to have a review up earlier than normal (ex. DM7 in time for it's Drop campaign). Even still, it's a request and not a demand or requirement. If I can get in enough listening time to write a review I'm satisfied with, I'll do it. Otherwise, it'll be done when it's done. Can't say the same for another retailer that used to send me samples. Their reminders to get the reviews out and their upset when the review wasn't positive, well, it was disconcerting. Safe to say I don't work with them anymore. Linsoul is much more flexible and accepting of negative reviews since she can drop that product and sell something worthwhile instead.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #43,874 of 64,425
Mates, for KZS5, both v.1 and v.2, which of the following cables will have a better match? Thank you in advance:
€ 7,04 31%de DESCUENTO | KZ ZS10 2Pin trenzado de plata Chapado en Cable dedicado 2PIN Cable de actualización para KZ ZSA/ZS4/ZS5/ZS6 /ED16 KZ ZST/ES3/ES4/AS10/AS06/BA10
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cqN0mHCk

€ 6,74 46%de DESCUENTO | KZ 3,5mm 2Pin/conector MMCX 8 Core de plata de cobre mixta Cable uso para SE846 KZ ZS4/ZS5 /ZS6/ZSA/ED16/ZST/ES4/ZS10/AS10/AS10/BA10
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cdiZzyDw

€ 6,68 54%de DESCUENTO | TRN MMCX/2Pin conector 3,5/2,5 mmBalanced 8 Core de plata de cobre mixta Cable para TFZ TRN V80/ IM1 ES4 AS10 ZS10 BA10 NICEHCK M6/N3
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cFpcuOPW
Anybody, please?

May 9, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #43,875 of 64,425
AS16 imo is good, but not a must have. You're not missing out on much by skipping it.

I get what you mean about leaving out the teasers to spend more time elsewhere, but they help prevent tons of questions which can take a lot of time answering, esp. if they're looking for comparisons. The teaser doesn't have those, but they can request something in the comments and I'll try to work it into the review.

Of all of your reviews the ZS10Pro is my favorite. I have the C10, BA10 & ZS6 and I am most interested in how the 10Pro differs. I've postponed purchasing several of the newer models because I get much of what I'm looking for via the ZS6, BA10 & C10. That said, your comparisons tackled my main questions regarding overall presentation. Even though the BA10 and 10Pro are similar it seems as though I need to order the 10Pro to use as a reference point since so few own the BA10. I'm sure I'll enjoy the 10Pro if it's nearly on par with the BA10.

Looking into the C16 and AS16 but (from your comparison in the review) it appears that the ZS7 is specifically what I've been wanting for a long time; namely an on-the-go ZS6 (reigned in treble).

Very helpful review for my decision making. Much appreciated.

In regards to Linsoul, yeah, she sends out a lot of samples to lots of reviewers. Can't speak to anyone else, but she lets me review at my own pace since she knows I like to take my time.....

Linsoul is much more flexible and accepting of negative reviews since she can drop that product and sell something worthwhile instead.

Kudos to Linsoul. I'll keep her in mind for future purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back