Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 9, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #43,846 of 64,143
Have you tried Spiral Dots? I have just got the T3 and the nozzle is very short. I believe the T2 is similar. I obtained a very good fit because of the domed shape of the tips.

I’ve never tried them because I don’t know if I’d use SM, M, or ML. And at $15-$20 a pack, I’d have to spend a ridiculous amount of money just to find out.

I wish they had a starter pack or find-your-fit assortment type pack, because I would pay $20 to get (1) of each size to find my best fit.

May 9, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #43,847 of 64,143
I’ve never tried them because I don’t know if I’d use SM, M, or ML. And at $15-$20 a pack, I’d have to spend a ridiculous amount of money just to find out.

I wish they had a starter pack or find-your-fit assortment type pack, because I would pay $20 to get (1) of each size to find my best fit.

Since you have other tips that fit you, you could narrow it down by what size fits you from your current ones vs dimensions of the spiral dots.

Spinfit sizes
L: 13mm
M: 12mm
S: 11mm
XS: 10mm

JVC Spiral Dot sizes
L:14mm
ML:13mm
M:12mm
MS:11mm
S:10mm

Just in case anyone was curious :)

May 9, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #43,848 of 64,143
Oh wow, I don't feel any brightness you experienced with my zsn pro. It is brigther for sure, but its way less than zs6 level. I would even say the treble is pretty smooth and I am using the starline tip that came standard on the box. I like the zsn pro sound better than zs7 and c10 actually. Not saying them bad, but zsn pro sounds pretty complete for me. C10 has great treble and airy, but lacking in the bass. While zs7 lacks in treble extension, but has sweet bass.
At least with mine pair of ZSN Pro, and sources, i feel like the tracks have the cymbals ahead of where they better be, more sibilance than the ZSN and a brighter and harsher experience overall.

Something in the vocal is smoother ( lower 3k ), something else is not ( the 5k peak of the graph is definitely there ).

My pair of ZS6 is darker and smoother than that, but less airy and full, perhaps also because of lower 5k to 8k. They are very uncontrolled above, but react better to higher impedance output, foams and are easier to be EQed. I not using them, nor recommend to using them, as stock.

I'm not saying that the ZSN Pro are garbage, but i don't feel them to be a good all-rounder. I still prefer the ZSN tonality and overall experience, even with less soundstage and details.
So, thinking about what i'm looking from the graphs i was pointing out, if on the market there is a model using the same DD, but with a frequency response that show that the same peaks has been fixed to sound better ( as to me the ZSN Pro sound better lowering exactly only those four peaks, something not easy to do on portable equipments ), i think that there's actually no reasons to buy them now.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #43,849 of 64,143

The relatively cheap co-donguri earphones have spinfits (S, M & L) bundled with them.

May 9, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #43,850 of 64,143
The relatively cheap co-donguri earphones have spinfits (S, M & L) bundled with them.

Good to know. Although, the cheapest co-donguri I could find is $70-$80.

Luckily, a full SML set of wide bore SpinFits are included with the Rosewill EX500.

I actually like the sound of the wide bore SpinFits on other IEMs much better than the narrow bore CP100 tips I had purchased separately.

At $12.99, you get a nice piezo hybrid IEM along with the tips. A bargain for sure, when the tips alone would cost more than that.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #43,851 of 64,143

I understand. I believe Auvio tips are similar to Spiral Dots, could you try those?

May 9, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #43,852 of 64,143
Good to know. Although, the cheapest co-donguri I could find is $70-$80.

Luckily, a full SML set of wide bore SpinFits are included with the Rosewill EX500.

I actually like the sound of the wide bore SpinFits on other IEMs much better than the narrow bore CP100 tips I had purchased separately.

At $12.99, you get a nice piezo hybrid IEM along with the tips. A bargain for sure, when the tips alone would cost more than that.

Cheapest one on eBay is £35 here with free shipping from Japan but it's a brass edition and the one I've got is the regular one which seems to be more expensive now, I paid £35 when I bought it a year and a half ago. I can't be sure if the brass ones have spinfits too.

I can't find those Rosewill in the UK, not on Amazon, not on eBay, not on Ali.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #43,853 of 64,143
I understand. I believe Auvio tips are similar to Spiral Dots, could you try those?

Yeah, I have a boatload of Auvio tips and love them. That’s the primary reason why I was never in a big rush to get the overpriced Spiral Dot tips. They’re very similar according to most accounts.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #43,854 of 64,143
I can't find those Rosewill in the UK, not on Amazon, not on eBay, not on Ali.

It’s likely a US-only thing.

Besides, the $12.99 is a close out price. The normal price of them was much higher.

You Brits get some crazy good UK-only deals on stuff too (like the recent MP80), so don’t feel too bad on some of these US-only deals :)

BTW, I just checked, and the $12.99 ones re all gone. I think I just got the last pair at that price.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #43,855 of 64,143
Just about got my Zs10 Pro notes done. It might actually deserve the moniker pro when compared to the original ZS10. It could still use a bit more clean-up of the tuning but for $50 hard to complain too much. The Zsn Pro and Zs10 Pro give me hope that they are listening to feedback. Now if they'd do something about that wretched cable. $50 headphone and a cable not fit to be a bread tie.

May 9, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #43,856 of 64,143
Just about got my Zs10 Pro notes done. It might actually deserve the moniker pro when compared to the original ZS10. It could still use a bit more clean-up of the tuning but for $50 hard to complain too much. The Zsn Pro and Zs10 Pro give me hope that they are listening to feedback. Now if they'd do something about that wretched cable. $50 headphone and a cable not fit to be a bread tie.

My IT03's came with essentially the same cable I just got from TRN for $4. Does it deliver sound? Yes. Technically they could move the splitter up a bit and maybe give an adjustable clip, but it does what it's supposed to do.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #43,857 of 64,143

Looking forward to it, curious how it compares the ZS7, I am in the resisting a new toy phase. Only one review out, but mostly just teasers and what appears sales propaganda from everyone else.

May 9, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #43,860 of 64,143
Lol what?

Some of the early reviews or "unboxings" did not contain any real info other than flashing around the shiny back plate. I was just annoyed at spending time listening or reading early unboxing events with no real substance on how it sounds. I appreciate the ones who only release their full review and not teasers designed to get people "pumped up". Silly me though, this is the world we live in today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back