Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 3, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #38,867 of 63,936
Lol. I'm afraid no, but I sure wish we are. My husband came here years ago and like the geek he is asked a newbie question first time and got peppered with snark, snide and shade. He never got over it, I think, by the way he tells that story. :confused:

He's over there at ASR now.

I love it here, though. :smile_phones:

That's shame the he was not treated well here. I think we should always be kind to newcomers.

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #38,868 of 63,936
My wife is a head-fi watcher, she just watches my every move and purchase. :sweat: :point_left::woman: I'm watching you!

Haha... that is sometimes how I find out that something is on the way here... couples just need to be honest with each other.

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #38,875 of 63,936
Lol. I'm afraid no, but I sure wish we are. My husband came here years ago and like the geek he is asked a newbie question first time and got peppered with snark, snide and shade. He never got over it, I think, by the way he tells that story. :confused:

He's over there at ASR now.

I love it here, though. :smile_phones:

I think its got a lot to do with which thread you jump into for starters over here in HF.
There are some threads which still have some snarky elements. Though nowhere near as bad as quite a few over at another forum.

Over at ASR, the folks there tend to be more technical, and are often quite willing to share their technical knowledge. There are little bits of jesting but mostly with regards to insider jokes but nothing personal.
If your hubbs like delving into technical details and their understanding, I can see why he likes it over there. Its generally less "emotional", though technical discourses at times can get heated but thankfully level headed as far as I have seen.

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #38,876 of 63,936
Wrong thread, sorry, damn tabs.

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #38,877 of 63,936
My husband has the Cayin N5iiS to go with the Topping NX4 DSD, both given by his brother. I have my Cayin N3/Topping NX4 combo which used to be his. With our respective gear we both listen to the HiFiMAN HE-400i (actually his that I borrow occasionally) for serious music.

In addition he has his Simgots (EM1, EM3 and EN700 Pro) while I have my KZs, Ostry KC06, Sennheiser IE80 and Philips SHP9500 (the latter 3 also used to be his). He also has this secretive grin which means he's been saving up for the HiFiMAN Ananda he can't stop talking about, which also means the HE-400i will be mine.

Yes, hand-me-downs I know but I'm not complaining.

The Atom is the dream amp he's settled on, in lieu of the Topping DX3s (a DAC/Amp) after amirm over at ASR tested and reviewed both; aside from being cheaper by far the Atom is TOTL transparent.
It sounds like he's made up his mind already haha. The Atom should be a good match for the headphones you listed. :)

Dec 3, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #38,878 of 63,936
So, has anyone here purchase the Bluetooth wireless cable made specifically for the ZSN, yet?...are they any good?
Bought it, have not received yet. Will update when I receive it. Not expecting anything fantastic to be honest.

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #38,880 of 63,936
That's shame the he was not treated well here. I think we should always be kind to newcomers.
sybillance, please ask your husband to come back--this is a very welcoming group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back