Dec 3, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #38,881 of 63,834
Received zsn gave listening on axon 7 and ipad pro
I hav used zs5 es3 es4 atr einsear t2
Its better than es4 in resolution and bass slam
But es4 is soothing just doesnt seem harsh at any region
Also eartips are verygood on zsn
Was using spinfit cp240 on es4 and zsn tip feels better to me
Zs5 sound signature isnt for me
But its sound stage is very wide and resolution is very good but i feel it lacks bass especially on my gear

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #38,882 of 63,834
What sound signature do you like?

More v shaped? More neutral?

What is your tolerance to treble?

Do you like a smoother sound, or more clarity?

Do you need a removable cable, or are are ok with a fixed cable?

What’s your budget?

I tried the ZS6 before and even though I loved to listen classical music with it, it was too bright to be my daily driver.

I really liked the ES3s signature and wanted to ask here if there is anything similar to it that i should try, from the new models they introduced like AS10 :)

Cable preference, budget are not so important

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #38,883 of 63,834
Its better than es4 in resolution and bass slam
Agreed.
But es4 is soothing just doesnt seem harsh at any region
Agreed. But overall SQ is noticeably better with ZSN.
Zs5 sound signature isnt for me
But its sound stage is very wide and resolution is very good but i feel it lacks bass especially on my gear
ZS5 need amping (v1 at least).
For me, ZS5v1 (properly amped) seems still littlebit better in SQ than ZSN atm. Will hear if things change after some longer listening and playtime.
Atm, with short listening, I felt that with ZSN, guitars lacked littlebit weight and natural tone in upper mids/lower highs and cymbals seem to be still "too BA sounding" with little lack in dynamics and natural tone.
One thing sure - IT01 modded sounds still another league to me. Amazing what one dynamic driver can do.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #38,884 of 63,834
Agreed.

Agreed. But overall SQ is noticeably better with ZSN.

ZS5 need amping (v1 at least).
For me, ZS5v1 (properly amped) seems still littlebit better in SQ than ZSN atm. Will hear if things change after some longer listening and playtime.
Atm, with short listening, I felt that with ZSN, guitars lacked littlebit weight and natural tone in upper mids/lower highs and cymbals seem to be still "too BA sounding" with little lack in dynamics and natural tone.
One thing sure - IT01 modded sounds still another league to me. Amazing what one dynamic driver can do.
Planning to buy it01
Initially was planning on tfz king pro
But it has qc issues it seems many complaints of one side failure
Waiting for type c cable will try kz zs5 with that if it seems a proper match since my axon 7 has slightly higher output impedance
Actually i stress on sound signature and what iem sound makes me surprise to say its good iem and not microdetails
If microdetails all r present but signature is bad then its bad iem pointing at tinaudio t2 etc
Its actually music producer intention to make some microdetail sounds to be less heard and its not ideal too to upbring those microdetails sometimes
So i think zsn is good iem but not upto its hype based on hype i was expecting a lot of improvement over es4
So i will be searching for better iem again lol
Bass presence should vibrate the canal (havent experienced yet but zsn is good) vocals should be thick and lovely treble should shine but not overwhelm especially i hate pronunciated cymbals soundstage should be pretty good like or more than zs5 level and resolution more than average like zsn is enough

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #38,886 of 63,834
Planning to buy it01
Initially was planning on tfz king pro
But it has qc issues it seems many complaints of one side failure
For what it matters, by impressions/reviews I have read about King Pro, IT01 modded should sound similar and King Pro is regarded slightly better than IT01. No idea though, haven`t tried it myself.
But I have also read about quality problems with Pro and iBasso customer support is top-notch and fast. That`s why I went with IT01.
Waiting for type c cable will try kz zs5 with that if it seems a proper match since my axon 7 has slightly higher output impedance
ZS5v1 needs <0.5Ohm output impedance source and enough mA to feed all those drivers in parallel.

Dec 3, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #38,888 of 63,834
For my old ears the ZS4, ZS6 and ZSN's all sound better amped (JDS C421 in this case) especially out of iDevices but of course YMMV:wink:

JDS KZ.JPG

Dec 3, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #38,889 of 63,834
I have two ZSN. The Purple and the Cyan. I bought the Cyan so I would have a backup but I would like to get a balanced cable for it. Two of my daps have balanced output. Because the connectors are different on the ZSN I am wondering if I will have to wait for KZ to make a balanced cable for it.

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #38,890 of 63,834
I have two ZSN. The Purple and the Cyan. I bought the Cyan so I would have a backup but I would like to get a balanced cable for it. Two of my daps have balanced output. Because the connectors are different on the ZSN I am wondering if I will have to wait for KZ to make a balanced cable for it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIC...ated-Gold-Cable-2Pin-Upgrade/32812293477.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...2pin-Silver-Plated-Cable-For/32896414780.html

I'm sure there's more, but found those really easily.

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #38,891 of 63,834
In da house!
IMG_20181203_183926.jpg

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #38,892 of 63,834
sybillance, please ask your husband to come back--this is a very welcoming group
Only here in the KZ thread though :). The rest of head-fi is pretty mediocre and full of pseudoscientific delusions of grandeur and 'pleb-fi' bashing.

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #38,893 of 63,834
Dec 3, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #38,894 of 63,834
Only here in the KZ thread though :). The rest of head-fi is pretty mediocre and full of pseudoscientific delusions of grandeur and 'pleb-fi' bashing.

Khighly, you crack me up (the "pseudoscientific delusions" can be plentiful from time to time).

Fellow KZers, any feedback would be appreciated.

When I consider that KZ will likely move forward with releasing more multi-BA in-ears I figure it is time that I hunt for another DAP for my small collection. I am currently in search of an excellent DAP with excellent features.

Most important features:

- Low output impedance (preferably below 1Ω)

- Enough power for full size cans (though 90% use will be IEMs)

- Album Art capable (necessary - my Vivaldi and Bach collections are huge and I've retitled many albums for simplifying the catalogue shortcomings on my old skool Fiio X3(i). Identifying albums by their artwork keeps things simple)

- On-the-fly playlist capability

- Warm-leaning/Velvet-like detail (I prefer great synergy with bright-leaning IEMs)

I am mostly looking for good synergy with the KZ (bright-leaning) lineup.
I don't usually use EQ but the Cowon and Lotoo are tempting. (Oops, can't do Lotoo, no album art)

Currently considering these two warm-leaning DAPs:

Cowon PM2 ($400)
9315211.jpg
61qt-1LJ-8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

COWONPM2-SILVERE1L.jpg

Fill X5iii ($360+/-)
Fiio X5iii headphone out specifications (3.5mm headphone out jack)
Output power 1≥480 mW(16Ω / THD+N<1%)
Output impedance<1Ω (32Ω loaded)
Output power 2≥250 mW(32Ω /THD+N<1%)
Channel separation>73 dB (1 kHz)
Output power 3≥28 mW(300Ω / THD+N<1%)
THD+N<0.003% (1 kHz)
Frequency response5 Hz~55 kHz(-3dB)
Peak output voltage>8 Vp-pSNR≥115 dB (A-weighted)
Max. output current 250mA (For reference)
61tRmEcFvYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71PG8y-No3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Bluetooth, DSD and Wi-Fi are unimportant to me. I only do hardwired IEMs and the majority of my music collection is ripped from CD to FLAC, WAV, M4A or MP3(320kbps) format.

My current Fiio X3(i) works fine but I'm a sucker for a larger and brighter display of album art and more streamlined access to the music files.
That said, any other suggestions in the sub $400 range would be highly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance!

Doc

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #38,895 of 63,834

Those will work with almost any KZ other than the ZSN. The will have to make more cables for it... I hope they do.

This seems to be the only aftermarket KZ ZSN cable at the moment..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...de-KZ-ZSN-Dedicated-Earphone/32951402964.html

Besides having the correct connector, I would also like it to be copper, not silver.

HTB1zUYjXvfsK1RjSszbq6AqBXXal.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back