Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 14, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #38,026 of 63,966
i just read someone said that the es4 is dry, no sub bass not detailed, but it felt detailed to me and pretty bassy (zs6 bass loses to this, while keeping the highs detailed without the piercing)
ive read that some says the ZSA sounds better than es4 but some also says its sibilant and piercing at times
also about the AS10 and BA10, i've heard some says that the BA10 the best tuned kz but some says is super bright & sibilant while some says the AS10 is a better tuned & warmer one
and the ZSN cable thing, dark cable - bass/V shaped, brighter cable - balanced, can anyone proof this ?

now im confused which one is correct as everyone says different things about the iems

welcome to the world of audio

my advice, try out some of the models on your own and then verify them with some reviewers/users here, then pick out ones that matches your experience and/or preference. At the very least, you'll have a baseline to work with.

Nov 14, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #38,027 of 63,966
I purchased 2 units of MMCX BT10 from 2 different sellers on AliExpress and believe it or not...both are wired OUT OF PHASE connected to my TinAudio T2. My T2 is perfectly IN PHASE connected to all my MMCX cables including the stock cable. I'm either extremely unlucky or TRN produce batches of BT10 that are wired OUT OF PHASE.

My BT10 is wired perfectly. Although it’s a 2-pin, so even if it was wired out of phase, a simple flip of 1 side would solve it.

That sucks though. Hopefully the seller can get you squared away with an exchange.

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #38,028 of 63,966
commercial sites like the phonograph and audiobudget do have informational value--they let you know what's coming out and, not incidentally, have beautiful photos. however, without imputing their sincerity i do not give weight to their critical evaluations.
I think Audio Budget is very good at what it does. He does write in a way thats sincere so I think he is. However, when he posts codes for people to get a discount then you knows he's working with someone to either them more money or to get his pair for free.

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #38,029 of 63,966
welcome to the world of audio

my advice, try out some of the models on your own and then verify them with some reviewers/users here, then pick out ones that matches your experience and/or preference. At the very least, you'll have a baseline to work with.
Do what he says. Just don't buy twenty $10-15 models like I did. Choose less models and different price brackets.

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #38,031 of 63,966
Guys, is there anywhere ZSN copper cable on sale separatedly? Want to make one self made as it has nice cable material to play with.

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #38,033 of 63,966
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #38,035 of 63,966
Guys, is there anywhere ZSN copper cable on sale separatedly? Want to make one self made as it has nice cable material to play with.
didn't find it yet, but sure it will show up soon.
however, if you are going to make your own cable, why not spending a little more in a better cable; for example, this acrolink wire, not so fancy, but good affordable quality:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32867317898.html
6N OCC pure copper 19 strands x 0.1mm / core. 2 cores (per signal) is equivalent to 22awg. you'll end with a ~90mΩ 1.2m of 6N occ copper cable..

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #38,036 of 63,966
I purchased 2 units of MMCX BT10 from 2 different sellers on AliExpress and believe it or not...both are wired OUT OF PHASE connected to my TinAudio T2. My T2 is perfectly IN PHASE connected to all my MMCX cables including the stock cable. I'm either extremely unlucky or TRN produce batches of BT10 that are wired OUT OF PHASE.
I also have a BT10 wired out of phase. I would be extremely weary of BT10's. It's not exactly as simple as flipping the connector as it's angled and won't stay over your ear at that point.

I ordered BT3, hopefully it doesn't come wired incorrectly.

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #38,037 of 63,966
didn't find it yet, but sure it will show up soon.
however, if you are going to make your own cable, why not spending a little more in a better cable; for example, this acrolink wire, not so fancy, but good affordable quality:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32867317898.html
6N OCC pure copper 19 strands x 0.1mm / core. 2 cores (per signal) is equivalent to 22awg. you'll end with a ~90mΩ 1.2m of 6N occ copper cable..

If it's worth doing.......

HTB13XIgRVXXXXa0XFXXq6xXFXXX0.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

.......might as well get the good stuff.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32814035621.html

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #38,038 of 63,966
My BT10 is wired perfectly. Although it’s a 2-pin, so even if it was wired out of phase, a simple flip of 1 side would solve it.

That sucks though. Hopefully the seller can get you squared away with an exchange.
I've received a full refund for my OUT OF PHASE BT10 from the 1st seller and a partial refund from the 2nd seller without returning the BT10. Strange thing is that all 3 units of my 2 pin BT3 are all working perfectly without the OUT OF PHASE issues, but then again there's no worries about 2 pin TR3 because I can simply reverse the pins on one of the cable if it's OUT OF PHASE. I can't do that with the MMCX. Anyway I just ordered another MMCX BT3 and hoping that I finally get an MMCX Bluetooth cable that is wired correctly.

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #38,039 of 63,966
I also have a BT10 wired out of phase. I would be extremely weary of BT10's. It's not exactly as simple as flipping the connector as it's angled and won't stay over your ear at that point.

Yes, I'm also trying my luck and just purchased an MMCX BT3 and I'm hoping to receive the MMCX Bluetooth cable that's wired correctly this time. Looks like there's a batch of TRN BT10 (MMCX) that are wired OUT OF PHASE so for those planning to buy one, do inform the seller to check before shipping it.

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #38,040 of 63,966

Oh yeah, good point. The molded ear guide would be going the wrong way.

I guess you could have 1 of your ears surgically reattached the opposite direction? Or it may be easier to simply buy a properly-wired cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back