Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 14, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #35,506 of 63,836
It's molting!

Indeed and if they were Moth's I'd agree 100% however we Texas boys just refer to it as shedding for reptiles:wink:

So I may not be thread correct but jamming on this duo at the moment, T2's give my ZS6's all they can take especially with some recordings as mentioned earlier:thinking: (You did not hear that KZ)

I think our way is still better, making the wire punch the insulation itself

That's the best part of this hobby, life really. You are more than welcome to prefer your way:beerchug:

Best part of this pair cable was no wire at all so we don't even need a debate:wink:

Sonny and Warm.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #35,509 of 63,836
ES4s first impression:

Fits quite well although I found them slightly large. The ear tips get slightly uncomfortable after extended periods of use.
Cable is braided, though still susceptible to microphonics. Although the cable is not as sticky as the ATR/ATEs', as per all KZ stock cables, these still have that sticky rubbery feeling.

Bass is very strong, sub-bass especially, although it lacks control at times. Mid-bass is comparatively weaker.
Mids are warm albeit slightly recessed and at times lack detail, although I think things should clear up after burn-in.
Highs are bright too, free of sibilance, and provide quite a good sense of space.

Overall the ES4s provide a very full sound, and for a pair of budget hybrids they are absolutely worth it.
ps I got the Cyan version and they look great!

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #35,512 of 63,836
I don't know why...

But KZ ES4 socket suddenly got loose and wire has to be in a specific place to sound(left piece)

****ty QC

Welcome to my luck with Kz, love the sound, hate the lack of QC. 90% of everyone here has never had a problem with KZ, me on the other hand, can no longer count on my fingers the problems I have had. I am a magnet for items with issues.

Aug 15, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #35,514 of 63,836
Have you ever tried their warranty?

I have and it seems to vary based on the seller more so than KZ itself. I've had some sellers simply send a replacement while others have wanted the existing returned at a cost to me greater than just buying another set. Not to plug any single vendor, but so far Gearbest that is a sponsor here has been excellent about sending replacements without much hassle. The only downside is they usually are not anywhere near first in line when the new models come out so you have to wait a bit for them to get stock. I think they just started advertising the AS10 yesterday for example.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #35,515 of 63,836
I have and it seems to vary based on the seller more so than KZ itself. I've had some sellers simply send a replacement while others have wanted the existing returned at a cost to me greater than just buying another set. Not to plug any single vendor, but so far Gearbest that is a sponsor here has been excellent about sending replacements without much hassle. The only downside is they usually are not anywhere near first in line when the new models come out so you have to wait a bit for them to get stock. I think they just started advertising the AS10 yesterday for example.

As much as I love Gearbest, and have had no problems with their customer service or ever had any issues with getting anything counterfeit, their prices (or should I say their discounts) are nowhere near as good as they used to be (1,2, or 3 years ago).

I’m not sure what changed, but the prices really seemed to change when they went from direct sales to being a “marketplace” of 3rd party sellers. Add to that the fact that they are so slow on getting new releases (as you pointed out).

I can’t remember the last time I bought anything from there, which is sad because I have literally bought hundreds of items from them through the years :frowning2:

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #35,516 of 63,836
As much as I love Gearbest, and have had no problems with their customer service or ever had any issues with getting anything counterfeit, their prices (or should I say their discounts) are nowhere near as good as they used to be (1,2, or 3 years ago).

I’m not sure what changed, but the prices really seemed to change when they went from direct sales to being a “marketplace” of 3rd party sellers. Add to that the fact that they are so slow on getting new releases (as you pointed out).

I can’t remember the last time I bought anything from there, which is sad because I have literally bought hundreds of items from them through the years :frowning2:

I feel the exact same way... Their discount prices are no longer a discount ..

Aug 15, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #35,517 of 63,836
Hmmmm so i'm having issues with my TRN + ZS3 combo. Since I sweat when i'm running with my setup, i think that the trn has stopped auto connecting via bluetooth every time I turn it on. It boots into pairing mode which means that it blinks from red to blue every single time I boot up. Additionally, sometimes it will disconnect thinking it's booting into language mode selection (english or chinese) I'm wondering if i should drain the battery all the way and see if that might reset the problem.

I think I might have encountered the sweat issue with the bluetooth. Note to self, cover the buttons with saran wrap or something. i'll update this if this problem goes away.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #35,520 of 63,836
BLEH!

My ZSA's that I ordered from NiceHCK came in today exactly 7 days from when I ordered them!

That's crazy fast. I usually order from this shop mainly because shipping is fast. Also prices are good.
Unfortunately they sent me ES4.

Anybody ever have an order mix up from AE? How is this usually handled?

I need ZSA.

SIGH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back