Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 13, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #3,256 of 63,962
  They have stepped up their game :wink:
Who knows, maybe makers of KZ also do read what we talk on head-fi : D

I think they do, well i am pretty sure a huge amount of sales are due to this thread, so it would be wise for them to get feedback from here xD.
I want ED9 but my current iem wishlist is big, it's so big i am going bankrupt. DAMN lol.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #3,257 of 63,962
  I think they do, well i am pretty sure a huge amount of sales are due to this thread, so it would be wise for them to get feedback from here xD.
I want ED9 but my current iem wishlist is big, it's so big i am going bankrupt. DAMN lol.

ED9 is a must have. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #3,258 of 63,962

Haha... what's on your wishlist? The priorities?

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #3,259 of 63,962
  Haha... what's on your wishlist? The priorities?

I am not sure about the priority myself, maybe like this: Havi b3>vjjb v1/Pistons 3>KZ Anv/ED9/DT3/R1>ttpod t1e.
But i want ath im50 or im70 too(can't decide between so many option), though i am mainly "on the hunt" for a flat or a mid focused iem atm.

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #3,260 of 63,962

ED9 is a must have. 
biggrin.gif

That is to be determined, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I wouldn't recommend to anyone yet until we get some meaningful feedback. Let's hope the lackluster SQ of the ED8 isn't repeated.

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #3,261 of 63,962
That is to be determined, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I wouldn't recommend to anyone yet until we get some meaningful feedback. Let's hope the lackluster SQ of the ED8 isn't repeated.

Come on man, ED8 isn't lackluster by any means. It has its unique sound which is suits very well to certain genres. In fact, I pounced on ED9 on very first day only because my trust in KZ was unbroken by ED8.

Let's not judge things by our own taste.

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #3,262 of 63,962

Could you explain more why ED8 has lackluster SQ? What kind of music did you use to test? What is your source? Is your DAC capable of playing 96khz sampling rate audio?

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #3,263 of 63,962
  What kind of music did you use to test? What is your source? Is your DAC capable of playing 96khz sampling rate audio?

Be careful with those questions, it might get hot in this thread. I asked the middle one once and all I got was demagoguery & "it doesn`t matter" for an answer 
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #3,265 of 63,962
*cough*
Hahahaha cheers

Everything is 'subjective' I learned that in the same thread hard way :)

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #3,266 of 63,962
Subjectivity is key. I, more or less, disregarded comments on the ANV because I wanted to try them for myself. The general consensus early on was they they were flat out bad, and to avoid them. Glad I dove in for myself. Next to my ANV and Micro Ring, the fan favorite EDse gets no use. I don't think its a bad iem, I just prefer, well, every other KZ iem I own.

The point of this comment? Take others feedback as guidance, and create your own opinions through actual experience. If I read my own review of the NarMoo W1M I probably would right it off as "not for me...pass". However, despite not being my preferred signature, they are a solid iem and are fantastic for long term listening, media consumption, etc. I wouldn't get rid of them for anything.

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #3,267 of 63,962
And I`m still awaiting for my ANV ...I guess they are lost
frown.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #3,269 of 63,962
Apr 14, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #3,270 of 63,962
Just received my ED8m ( Blue ). I don't know why, but the before burn-in somewhat sounds like the after burn-in EDSE except for the quality of treble and highs. clarity in both instrumental and vocal in treble and highs is not good: has sibilance. Details maybe a little less but doesn't make much of a difference except for symphonies. Mids are far better than EDSE. Bass seems to be a tad more than EDSE. Melodeth does sound a little better in terms of the tone ( a little sweeter ) to the whole stage. Using WASAPI event config in Jriver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back