Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 8, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #3,227 of 63,834
Apr 9, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #3,228 of 63,834
Apr 10, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #3,229 of 63,834
Well its been about a week since my order of 7 KZ iem's arrived so I'll post a few initial thoughts. My only disappointment was the cm9 had a dead right channel so I can't evaluate it but I have another one ordered. I really like the ANV so I'd like some more of that sound signature. The big surprise for me was the ED1. Its a very smooth and coherent  mid centric iem perfect for vocals. The vocals are pushed forward a bit.  KZ makes a lot of bass canon type earphones but this one isn't one of them. I'm not a big fan of that mid type sound but I really like The ED1. My favorite KZ is the ED8 so its no surprise I also think the DT5 is special, its kind of like the little brother to the ED8 in that its got good clarity in the mids and treble along with incredible bass. The soundstage is not as  good  as the ED8 but still very good and the DT5 has a peak in the 6000-7000 hertz area that gives it an open quality. Sometimes I need to EQ that peak down but it depends on the recording. The  DT3 is good too. Kind of a tube like variation of the ED1' creamy smooth sound with a bit more bass than the ED1. I haven't listened to it much but liked it right away, it has a very distinctive sound that I haven't heard before. The EDSE is nice also but everyone knows that around here. Haven't listened to it much yet. The KZ-GR  that I received had a black noozle with no hole and a red one with the hole.  The black GR is  bass heavy but not like the newer ED8 and DT5, its very damped and punchy. Nice coherence nothing sticks out but for me lacks the spacious soundstage of the newer models. With the red noozle the GR is just way to bright for my tastes but reducing the size of the hole one can find a happy medium between bass and treble. I used tape over the hole and then made a smaller hole with a pin prick to tailor the sound to my liking. A nice thing about the GR is that it includes a 98% pure silver cable. Can't comment too much on the ED3 yet but I was surprised by the amount of bass it put out along with the emphasis on the treble. Need to listen to it some more. Quite a nice variation in sound signatures for my investment.

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #3,230 of 63,834
  Well its been about a week since my order of 7 KZ iem's arrived so I'll post a few initial thoughts. My only disappointment was the cm9 had a dead right channel so I can't evaluate it but I have another one ordered. I really like the ANV so I'd like some more of that sound signature. The big surprise for me was the ED1. Its a very smooth and coherent  mid centric iem perfect for vocals. The vocals are pushed forward a bit.  KZ makes a lot of bass canon type earphones but this one isn't one of them. I'm not a big fan of that mid type sound but I really like The ED1. My favorite KZ is the ED8 so its no surprise I also think the DT5 is special, its kind of like the little brother to the ED8 in that its got good clarity in the mids and treble along with incredible bass. The soundstage is not as  good  as the ED8 but still very good and the DT5 has a peak in the 6000-7000 hertz area that gives it an open quality. Sometimes I need to EQ that peak down but it depends on the recording. The  DT3 is good too. Kind of a tube like variation of the ED1' creamy smooth sound with a bit more bass than the ED1. I haven't listened to it much but liked it right away, it has a very distinctive sound that I haven't heard before. The EDSE is nice also but everyone knows that around here. Haven't listened to it much yet. The KZ-GR  that I received had a black noozle with no hole and a red one with the hole.  The black GR is  bass heavy but not like the newer ED8 and DT5, its very damped and punchy. Nice coherence nothing sticks out but for me lacks the spacious soundstage of the newer models. With the red noozle the GR is just way to bright for my tastes but reducing the size of the hole one can find a happy medium between bass and treble. I used tape over the hole and then made a smaller hole with a pin prick to tailor the sound to my liking. A nice thing about the GR is that it includes a 98% pure silver cable. Can't comment too much on the ED3 yet but I was surprised by the amount of bass it put out along with the emphasis on the treble. Need to listen to it some more. Quite a nice variation in sound signatures for my investment.

Wow 7 IEMs that's good : ) 

Looks like every CM9 manufactured has one dead channel, I've seen in this thread at least two recent purchases on CM9 reported the same problem.

I've seen no one posting thoughts about ED1 here since I've joined and even before that I rarely see it. So it's nice to know some info on ED1. 

Enjoy your purchases : ) 

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #3,231 of 63,834

+1    in depth review would be very appreciated. 

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #3,232 of 63,834
gs1000.gif
KZ love.

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #3,234 of 63,834
Wokei, it`s a holographical 3D image burned into glass with laser. No packaging. It`s more like KZ trophy! ;D

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #3,236 of 63,834
Just received my TX-400 Complys... At first, when I listened using it, it was just like as many critics had said and concluded - It does drown certain frequencies. But then I used to listen at 75% volume. I increased the volume to 100%. I was blown off!! The super-low latency clarity, the heavy and loudspeaker-sized bass, the superbly controlled treble, and the widened soundstage, the near to perfect 3D imaging... It's so sweet that I almost had a panic attack out of amusement... After about 24 hours of burn-in, and little bit of equalizer fixing, KZ EDSE becomes near to undefeatable compared to some IEMs and Over-the-Ear Headsets which are worth far more than $100. Now, everytime I start listening to these, I feel like a wholy new experience, like being taken to another new and perfectly accoustic world of music...
Only thing, that makes it a bit lacky when compared to these high-end IEMs, would be their ability to boost any sound thrown at them ( any source, any bitrate ). KZ EDSE is very source demanding IEM and also requires a good bitrate ( sound mixing at or below 128kbps is likely to be a bit noisy.... around 256kbps will sound good... 320 kbps and above, will sound perfect with superb mixing and imaging ). The better the source, the better it gets.
ED8m will arive in 1-2 days.

Apr 11, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #3,238 of 63,834
Just received my TX-400 Complys... At first, when I listened using it, it was just like as many critics had said and concluded - It does drown certain frequencies. But then I used to listen at 75% volume. I increased the volume to 100%. I was blown off!! The super-low latency clarity, the heavy and loudspeaker-sized bass, the superbly controlled treble, and the widened soundstage, the near to perfect 3D imaging... It's so sweet that I almost had a panic attack out of amusement... After about 24 hours of burn-in, and little bit of equalizer fixing, KZ EDSE becomes near to undefeatable compared to some IEMs and Over-the-Ear Headsets which are worth far more than $100. Now, everytime I start listening to these, I feel like a wholy new experience, like being taken to another new and perfectly accoustic world of music...
Only thing, that makes it a bit lacky when compared to these high-end IEMs, would be their ability to boost any sound thrown at them ( any source, any bitrate ). KZ EDSE is very source demanding IEM and also requires a good bitrate ( sound mixing at or below 128kbps is likely to be a bit noisy.... around 256kbps will sound good... 320 kbps and above, will sound perfect with superb mixing and imaging ). The better the source, the better it gets.

ED8m will arive in 1-2 days.

KZ EDSE is awesome, no doubt regarding that. But definitely there are multiple options below $100, even under $50 which are a notch above EDSE.
Enjoy the sound!

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #3,239 of 63,834
Haha that's EDSE for you... twister6 in his latest review of Xiaomi Piston 3 has ranked EDSE higher than it. Also according to him Piston 3 > Piston 2.

Enjoy your EDSE. For me burn in really improved it.
Hmmm..... I wonder. I have one slot remaining in my April quota. Will decide soon!

I also like ESDE. Is EDSE really better than Xiaomi Piston 3? 
confused.gif

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #3,240 of 63,834
Guys, don`t forget it`s all subjective, depends on gear being used, hearing, taste etc. ...just making conclusions based on one review is littlebit silly imho (I`ve fallen to that before and was disappointed). Best way to judge something is to listen with Your own ears. Btw, I`m probably getting P3 also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back