Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 14, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #3,286 of 63,804
  Much heavier than EDSE? Edse is already too heavy for me (compared to piston2), can`t imagine even more heavy ED8 
rolleyes.gif

Dunno, they seem kinda like nunchucks to me..

Apr 14, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #3,287 of 63,804
  Much heavier than EDSE? Edse is already too heavy for me (compared to piston2), can`t imagine even more heavy ED8 
rolleyes.gif

It's heavy but doen't distort the soundstage... that's why I like them. Gives me the feeling of actual drums. Only the lacking treble thumps and sibilance in highs - voice and instruments, are the 2 things that I don't like about 'em. EDSE also has pretty good bass but its soundstage and tone ( curve ) is not upto my expectations although the treble and clarity of voices and instruments, are by far, one of the best in all KZ IEMs.

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #3,289 of 63,804

....EDSE also has pretty good bass but its soundstage and tone ( curve ) is not upto my expectations...

For me it was exactly opposite with EDSE... it had good large soundstage, separation and imaging (not so good as Havi B3P1 though) but it lacked littlebit bass quantity and "thump" and thus gave no "lifelike" natural enjoyable sound I would like, especially with jazz/progressive rock which includes contrabass - it was like "c´mon, where is contrabass?". And I`m by no means basshead, it just didn`t give "real" feeling in bass department. 
But I guess we have just different taste in sound and maybe gear difference also.
Btw, KZ may have QC and sound signature issues, one of my home forum member got few pairs of KZ and 2 out of 3 had more bass. I bought 2 and both were same sounding though. Just a remainder that we are still dealing with cheap china mass production stuff... 

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #3,290 of 63,804
  Dunno, they seem kinda like nunchucks to me..

No kidding... if used right you can kill someone with these. Just today I happened to drop these by accident on my office desk. In that silent environment it sounded ridiculously loud on impact. lol everyone was watching.

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #3,291 of 63,804
I also like EDSE very much but I find EDSE has detailed sound, high frequencies are louder than it should be. Also having timbres that are not true to life. Treble is too harsh.

ED8m(BLUE) has more natural timbre than EDSE. Soundstage is also larger.  Sound best when listening on high volume and with good source.

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #3,292 of 63,804
I found anvs in a discount but ain't sure if this shop is trustworthy(Having 99.3% positive but mainly a cosmetics store and only 265 orders).
I am thinking to pull the trigger...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ANV-Mobile-Phone-Earphones-Without-Microphone-Wire-Heatshrinked-In-Ear-Headset-Earphones-High-Quality/32317791837.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-KZ-ANV-Grade-Fever-Linear-Equalizer-Ear-Earphones-Monitor-Headphones-Perfect-Sound-Dynamic-Structure/32317811425.html

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #3,293 of 63,804
  I found anvs in a discount but ain't sure if this shop is trustworthy(Having 99.3% positive but mainly a cosmetics store and only 265 orders).
I am thinking to pull the trigger...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ANV-Mobile-Phone-Earphones-Without-Microphone-Wire-Heatshrinked-In-Ear-Headset-Earphones-High-Quality/32317791837.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-KZ-ANV-Grade-Fever-Linear-Equalizer-Ear-Earphones-Monitor-Headphones-Perfect-Sound-Dynamic-Structure/32317811425.html

Hmm....the price is right. You always have the ability to dispute if things go wrong (hopefully it would not, but at least you have backup).

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #3,294 of 63,804

Hmm....the price is right. You always have the ability to dispute if things go wrong (hopefully it would not, but at least you have backup).

Yup that's what i was planning to do, BUT i saw ED3 is kinda neutral/vocal oriented... exactly the kind of iem i am "hunting" atm, i would appreciate if anyone could compare ED3 with ANVS. 

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #3,298 of 63,804
  ANV is the most balance KZ IEM. 

I hope so! I`m maybe getting my ANV today but not sure if this is the package or another order, will find out tonight.
Yesterday I broke one of my Piston2 connections, left channel, and I had to lend EDSE from my friend to who I gifted them. Someone here mentioned little ago that EDSE has littlebit harsh highs and sibilance - I agree. But what I noticed (using Piston 2 smallest silicone tips) was that bass had littlebit improved with usage, not much though.

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #3,299 of 63,804
Hey, what would you guys recommend.
I have 3 options in front of me: The Xiaomi Pistons 2, The KZ EDSE and the KZ ED8M.
I prefer the ''fun'' sound. I have loved the Pistons but I'd like to know if the EDSE or ED8M are better or comparable enough for lower price. Thanks, any help is appreciated!

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #3,300 of 63,804
For "fun" sound rather go with Piston2 or KZ-r35. EDSE is more neutral side and not so "fun" sounding. Don`t know about ED8M but maybe also include Piston 3 to list? Though, it shouldn`t be so fun sounding than v2. 

Edit:

I just decided to pull off grills from my KZ-r35. What I discovered, there are no filter inside, so, I decided to install similar foam filters like Piston2 have and yessss! - littlebit harsh highs are now gone and mids seem littlebit more pronounced (using piston2 smallest tips with large hole).
Recommend to try this for those r35 owners who think highs are littlebit harsh.
Since they are 32Ohm 18 Ohm and harshness is gone, I can listen them little louder also (as they should) and they now sound very good! ;P
Another note though, bass became "softer" with less microdetail with this mod. Still, I prefer modded version more than without filter... harsh highs and sibilance (r35 doesn`t have sibilance) is not good for hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back