Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 23, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #29,476 of 63,993
just curious but who is gonna buy the kz zs10 before the reviews? or we gonna wait for the big next thing
The ZS10 is the "next big thing"

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #29,477 of 63,993
Has there been any word of the expected pricing of the ZS10? Anything like the ZSR where there were different prices through different dates? I'm wondering if I should hop in on ~$33 pre-sale price or wait it out (not worried about getting it before reviews).

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #29,478 of 63,993
I've got one on order, the last few have been worth taking the chance on it. It will surprise me if it can displace my current daily drivers (Magaosi K5 and Brainwavz b400) but it could happen and that alone makes it worth a shot. I'm really interested in the new Metal Shell Zs6 variation as if it does for the Zs6 what they did with the Zsr signature it will be a helluva deal at $30. Zsr sound which is 85-90% of B400 and a shell that is 85% of a CA Orion for less than 25% of the price of either. - What is not to love?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #29,483 of 63,993
Due to the high number of references to the UiiSii CM5 I have opened a UiiSii appreciation thread. Feel free to add it to the list of threads that you visit frequently.

UiiSii has made several in-ear monitors (CM5, HM7, US90, Hi-905, Hi-805, etc.) that deserve more attention than they are getting and my hope is that perhaps your enthusiasm expressed in a dedicated thread will inspire UiiSii to up their game and become a full-fledged price-to-performance competitor to our beloved KZ.

Fierce competition is better for all involved. Perhaps KZ will endeavour to cross every "T" and dot every "I" before introducing modified models to the marketplace if they know a worthy competitor is nipping at their heels.
61SdfAKzutL._SX425_.jpg

The UiiSii thread can be found here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/uiisii-impressions-thread.875466/

Have fun with it!

DocHolliday

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #29,484 of 63,993
Due to the high number of references to the UiiSii CM5 I have opened a UiiSii appreciation thread. Feel free to add it to the list of threads that you visit frequently.

UiiSii has made several in-ear monitors (CM5, HM7, US90, Hi-905, Hi-805, etc.) that deserve more attention than they are getting and my hope is that perhaps your enthusiasm expressed in a dedicated thread will inspire UiiSii to up their game and become a full-fledged price-to-performance competitor to our beloved KZ.

Fierce competition is better for all involved. Perhaps KZ will endeavour to cross every "T" and dot every "I" before introducing modified models to the marketplace if they know a worthy competitor is nipping at their heels.

Have fun with it!
DocHolliday
Uissi is a Very interesting Brand. Everything they do have a nicer feel of quality than KZ. The hm7 for example. Super sturdy. Original designs, Nicer packages etc.

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #29,486 of 63,993
Very intrigued, always been a fan of smaller IEMs in general. I see the HDS3 were released in 2015 lol

For some reason KZ store on Ali doesn't dispatch them from China anymore so I cant get them (at least not from KZ). RIP :frowning2:
I'm quite a few posts behind so someone else may have mentioned. If you're in USA the Amazon Prime price of $10 matches the price from AliExpress sellers other than the official KZ store who do ship to the USA.

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #29,487 of 63,993
Very intrigued, always been a fan of smaller IEMs in general. I see the HDS3 were released in 2015 lol

For some reason KZ store on Ali doesn't dispatch them from China anymore so I cant get them (at least not from KZ). RIP :frowning2:

I'm quite a few posts behind so someone else may have mentioned. If you're in USA the Amazon Prime price of $10 matches the price from AliExpress sellers other than the official KZ store who do ship to the USA.

The fact that the HDS3 is getting so hard to find means that it's the next KZ to be gone forever. We all watched the same thing happen with the ANV, HDS2, ZS5 v1, Micro Ring, ZS1 v1, ZN1 (with amp), and countless other KZs.

I predict the EDR1 will be the next to be gone forever (after the HDS3). The EDR1 price won't be $4 forever - it will go up in price as it gets harder and harder to find. Then one day it will just be gone for good just like the other before it.

The point is, if you are even remotely on the fence about old (good) models like the HDS3 and/or EDR1, get them now while you still can. Because once they're gone, they're gone for good (unless some collectors sell theirs).

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #29,488 of 63,993

Have fun with it!

DocHolliday
I'm in! Thanks.

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #29,489 of 63,993
The fact that the HDS3 is getting so hard to find means that it's the next KZ to be gone forever. We all watched the same thing happen with the ANV, HDS2, ZS5 v1, Micro Ring, ZS1 v1, ZN1 (with amp), and countless other KZs.

I predict the EDR1 will be the next to be gone forever (after the HDS3). The EDR1 price won't be $4 forever - it will go up in price as it gets harder and harder to find. Then one day it will just be gone for good just like the other before it.

The point is, if you are even remotely on the fence about old (good) models like the HDS3 and/or EDR1, get them now while you still can. Because once they're gone, they're gone for good (unless some collectors sell theirs).
I've been debating getting a 2nd pair because they are so small yet give me a decent sound making them great for napping and sleeping.

At home with the unique way I sleep and the pillows I use I can sleep with monsters like the KZ ZS6 or ZSR, iBasso IT01, LZ A4 etc so its sort of a non issue. But assuming my health improves to where I can travel again those tiny things appeal. But then there is the upcoming 'sale' this weekend where that same $10 could buy something else to try or go towards a more expensive offering.

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #29,490 of 63,993
I've been debating getting a 2nd pair because they are so small yet give me a decent sound making them great for napping and sleeping.

At home with the unique way I sleep and the pillows I use I can sleep with monsters like the KZ ZS6 or ZSR, iBasso IT01, LZ A4 etc so its sort of a non issue. But assuming my health improves to where I can travel again those tiny things appeal. But then there is the upcoming 'sale' this weekend where that same $10 could buy something else to try or go towards a more expensive offering.

Yup, decisions decisions.

I have been waffling back and forth trying to decide what I want; adding things to my cart only to delete them a day later (and add different things to my cart).

1st world problems, right LOL :)

1st-world-problems.jpg
rich people problems.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back