Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 23, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #29,446 of 63,836
You can buy them from a third seller maybe

Very intrigued, always been a fan of smaller IEMs in general. I see the HDS3 were released in 2015 lol

For some reason KZ store on Ali doesn't dispatch them from China anymore so I cant get them. RIP :frowning2:

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #29,447 of 63,836
I'm curious to know something atm after all, assuming i will sure try something cheap from what you've just tipped me.

Is there any super cheap IEM like the fonge t01 price, that shares the same shape as the zsr?
That would be great as i could pick it and see if the shape is ok and then spending more for the zsr which i've heard and read that sounds lovely pratically everywhere in the spectrum.

My Fonge fell apart after just a few uses. I can not recommend it at all.

For the same cost as the Fonge, the KZ EDR1, EDR2, and ATE all leave the Fonge in the dust as far as sound and build quallity.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #29,448 of 63,836
My Fonge fell apart after just a few uses. I can not recommend it at all.

Foe the same cost as the Fonge, the KZ EDR1, EDR2, and ATE all leave the Fonge in the dust as far as sound and build quallity.

Nonono i mean in the fonge t01 price range if there is something that shares the same shape of the zsr! In that way i can maybe try one and then if i find it comfortable i can bring up my budget to a zsr.

I've already read time ago u shared ur opinion and the fonge t01 and it wasn't absolutely positive :D

Mar 23, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #29,449 of 63,836
Nonono i mean in the fonge t01 price range if there is something that shares the same shape of the zsr! In that way i can maybe try one and then if i find it comfortable i can bring up my budget to a zsr.

I've already read time ago u shared ur opinion and the fonge t01 and it wasn't absolutely positive :D

ZSR has a somewhat unique shape. Just because the Fonge would fit you, it does not mean the ZSR would fit the same way. The same as the KZ ZST or ZS3. They are all slightly unique shape that fit most people just fine, but some people they don't fit well. Or for example, the ZS3 fits me great but doesn't fit my brother.

If you want something cheaper than the ZSR, but with that "custom IEM" looking shape AND great sound, try the NiceHCK Bro. It is only $14 during the Aliexpress sale in a few days. I was just using them last night, and the sound is close to the ZSR for half the price. It's like the ZSR's little brother :)

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #29,450 of 63,836
You can buy them from a third seller maybe

Yeah I'm gonna wait till the sale and see which is cheapest basically.

Mar 23, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #29,451 of 63,836
Yeah I'm gonna wait till the sale and see which is cheapest basically.

Or check ebay. Often they have harder to find IEMs, often at cheaper prices than Aliexpress.

For example, there's an HDS3 on there right now for $9.99, which is around what it is selling for on Aliexpress.

Mar 23, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #29,452 of 63,836
Amen.

What I love about Chi-fi though is that we can try different sound signatures without having to write a confession to why we killed our wallets.

You can spend your $4 or $6 or $10 and actually find a sound signature that YOU like.

PS. Actually interested in HDS3 lol, might have to snag one.

PPS: It looks like I won't be hanging onto the TRN v20 after all, so if anyone wants them after I finish my review then DM me. I'd prefer to send within the EU.
What happened to trn v20? Tought you like it a lot

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #29,453 of 63,836
Or check ebay. Often they have harder to find IEMs, often at cheaper prices than Aliexpress.

For example, there's an HDS3 on there right now for $9.99, which is around what it is selling for on Aliexpress.

Aight man I'll check it out, last IEM I bought on eBay was the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore (may they rest in peace) :frowning2:

What happened toto trn v20? Tought you like ir a lot

Its more than like, I love them. However, the fit is too much of a hassle for me.

I feel like there are others out there who they would be more suitable for.

Mar 23, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #29,454 of 63,836
This seems like a slightly shortsighted reply. KZ has pretty much always been about quantity, having tons of models on the shelves. Often lots of redundancy across a few signature types, usually set within unique shells or variants. Right now they still have well over 10 models readily available for purchase, most of which were released within the last year or two. All the new models coming up are right in line with what they've done in the past, just now with hybrid tech that they've been testing and tweaking with the ZST, ES3, ZS5/6 and ZSR. The biggest difference I see is they've actually announced a plan, unlike before where they would seemingly at random release new models with maybe some leaked info getting out before the model dropped. If anything, announcing all those new models simultaneously could be great for generating early interest.

Considering most of them are 1+1 hybrids, prices are probably going to still be quite low which will continue to attend to their bread-and-butter market. And, going more upscale with other models has been EXACTLY what people have been asking for for years. Just peruse this thread. First it was hybrids. We've got that now. Then it was something pricier and more upscale, but still affordable. The ZS6 was a good go at it. The ZS10 might be just the thing though given its a 5 driver hybrid with a crossover. I'm personally looking forward to seeing what they do with this new lineup and will be reserving judgment till I try them out for myself. They could be a horrendous abomination, sure, but they could also be amazing.

Their plastics have also been quite good over the years, with the exception of some of their really old models like the DS. Their current plastic bodied iems still feel better than a lot of more expensive products, like those from Sennheiser, JVC, Marley, Sony, and other name brands, not to mention comparing to similarly priced Chi-Fi offerings like the BGVP DN1 which feels as cheap as it is. The ZS6 is crazy overbuilt for the price though, and I definitely wouldn't complain if they applied that quality to the full lineup. That said, as long as their plastics remain at least as dense and durable as what they're using for their current lineup, they'll be just fine.

Lastly, having heard lots of totl and reference gear, I'm even more pleased with my KZ collection. Would rather have multiple good earphones of varying signatures than one amazing earphone with one signature.

I agree...

Mar 23, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #29,456 of 63,836
Mar 23, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #29,459 of 63,836
My CM5 have been dispatched. Let's hope they don't take 2 weeks to arrive like it says. :/

Screenshot_20180323-143419.png

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #29,460 of 63,836
My CM5 have been dispatched. Let's hope they don't take 2 weeks to arrive like it says. :/

" A watched kettle never boils", an adage I often ignore, whilst clicking the refresh button on the shipping status several times a day, (or hour, lol.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back