Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 22, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #29,356 of 63,900
@Slater what do you think about uiisii cm5 do they share the same sound signature like kz ate or they different.. I like the kz ate atm.. if the uiisii cm5 is like a kz ate v2 I will order it .. I heard they have a natural soundstage too and how is the treble is it brighter or darker .. what do you think ? need some advice
Would you like sharing your personal impressions about the ate and how they sound?
Could u make a comparison with other IEMs you got?

thanks in advance for your opinion.

PS: I really like this forum, there's so much nice people that i can't find other places like this, and i think this is what brings this community to the next level and this makes this place what it actually is : amazing!

Mar 22, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #29,357 of 63,900
Its definitely not an optical illusion, you can also see two grooved lines on the left side, and a white part on the far right
mG9U3K0.jpg

As for the nozzle, I'm almost sure its the bigger/newer one
DvEobz3.jpg

Ah, OK I understand what you were talking about now. I was confused on the mic piece.

So yeah the y split is definitely different. What's interesting is that on my OLD X5 (with the small nozzle) the mic is a perfect cylinder with the grooves, and the y split is kind of tapered with no grooves.

On @1clearhead's NEW X5 (large nozzle), he has the same cable type as me - the mic is a perfect cylinder with the grooves, and the y split is kind of tapered with no grooves.

On the photos of YOUR new X5 (large nozzle), you have BOTH the mic AND Y split as a perfect cylinder with the grooves.

It's likely that MEMT just ramdomly uses 1 of the 2 splitters (tapered and straight) - basically whatever they have on hand at the time. The MEMT X7 and X9 uses the same straight cylinder (with grooves) and the same cable, but they use a different mic control than the X5.

Mar 22, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #29,358 of 63,900
@Slater what do you think about uiisii cm5 do they share the same sound signature like kz ate or they different.. I like the kz ate atm.. if the uiisii cm5 is like a kz ate v2 I will order it .. I heard they have a natural soundstage too and how is the treble is it brighter or darker .. what do you think ? need some advice

CM5 sounds different than the ATE. The CM5 has more sub bass, and has brighter treble than the ATE (although the CM5 treble is by no means harsh or piercing - it's very smooth and non-fatiguing).

Not sure what you mean by ATE v2. By that I mean there are (5) known revisions of the ATE (ie ATE v1 theough ATE v5). I don't even know if you can buy the real ATE v2 any more - it would be pretty old and rare by now. Can you explain what you mean by ATE v2?

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #29,359 of 63,900
CM5 sounds different than the ATE. The CM5 has more sub bass, and has brighter treble than the ATE (although the CM5 treble is by no means harsh or piercing - it's very smooth and non-fatiguing).

Not sure what you mean by ATE v2. By that I mean there are (5) known revisions of the ATE (ie ATE v1 theough ATE v5). I don't even know if you can buy the real ATE v2 any more - it would be pretty old and rare by now. Can you explain what you mean by ATE v2?

I talked about uiisii cm5.. I thought its a better version of kz ate .. more like v2 or something .. I didnt mentioned the kz ate itself.. uiisii cm5 looks good imho and cheap

Would you like sharing your personal impressions about the ate and how they sound?
Could u make a comparison with other IEMs you got?

thanks in advance for your opinion.

PS: I really like this forum, there's so much nice people that i can't find other places like this, and i think this is what brings this community to the next level and this makes this place what it actually is : amazing!

I think kz ate is the best bang for buck what you can get under 50 bucks... I like the sound signature.. because I listen lot of genres ... I like it more then the kz zs6 atm... I hope this helps

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #29,360 of 63,900
guys does anyone know how much burn in kz zs6 to sound good??? anyone have any idea .... would like to know thanks

I did burn in my recent red ZS6, first during about 120 hours with pink and sin-log noise without much improvement of the trebles.
Then I started with white noise (at moderate volume) This white noise seems efficient for the trebles.
I think that White noise during 50-100 hrs is good

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #29,361 of 63,900
By the way, i was watching that x5 post and i'm pretty sure i have the new ones.
The Y splitter has a cilinder shape while the one in the photo (representing the old one) is thinner on the bottom side.
The nozzle is not as little as in the photo of the old version and mine come with the ''made in china'' sticker on the end of the cable.
I even received an extra packet of tips so i'm sure it's the new version (even if those tips all suck a lot imho).

Yes, it sounds like you definitely have the new version.

As for the piston yea.
In the photo you can see a pair of Superlux hd681F (which i use mostly to eq and make comparisons about the sound that comes out from my monitor speakers in order to have stuff that sounds like i wanted it should) and a pair of Xiaomi Piston Fresh version.

They're not the hybrid ones but the cheapest "Fresh" version, that i really enjoyed before trying memt x5, kz zs3.
They have a good bass response, especially for the price.
Mids sounds a bit innatural and highs are not well detailed like in the others i've just mentioned, but considering i paid 2 euros for them, that's a big OK. They're even comfortable to me. Atm i use just their microphone to speak with my friends on teamspeak while using the superlux for gaming and so on.

Wow, believe it or not, I have the new "fresh" version as well! I like it a lot too.

You may be interested to know that the reason the mids and highs don't sound detailed is because there is a big piece of foam shoved inside of the nozzle. If you gently lift the nozzle screen with a sewing needle, you will see the foam piece directly under the screen. You just remove this foam using your sewing needle. Then you can stick the nozzle screen back into place. The nozzle screen has sticky adhesive on it, and it will stick right back into its original place. With the foam removed, the midrange and treble become much clearer. It improves the sound of the Piston Fresh Version by a large amount!

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #29,363 of 63,900
I talked about uiisii cm5.. I thought its a better version of kz ate .. more like v2 or something .. I didnt mentioned the kz ate itself.. uiisii cm5 looks good imho and cheap

OK, I understand what you mean now.

Yes, I think the CM5 is like an evolved ATE (or an ATE v2 if you want to think of it like that).

The ATE is a like vintage/classic Mercedes, like a SL500 from the 1980s. And the CM5 is like a 2017 SL500. Sleeker, more powerful, sexier, newer technology. The classic model is good, but the newest model is an improvement upon the classic.

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #29,364 of 63,900
this helps bro thanks...

Make sure when you burn in the ZS6 (or ANY earphone/headphone), that you use a normal listening volume. Do NOT use a high volume, or you can damage and/or fry the gear.

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #29,365 of 63,900
Ah, OK I understand what you were talking about now. I was confused on the mic piece.

So yeah the y split is definitely different. What's interesting is that on my OLD X5 (with the small nozzle) the mic is a perfect cylinder with the grooves, and the y split is kind of tapered with no grooves.

On @1clearhead's NEW X5 (large nozzle), he has the same cable type as me - the mic is a perfect cylinder with the grooves, and the y split is kind of tapered with no grooves.

On the photos of YOUR new X5 (large nozzle), you have BOTH the mic AND Y split as a perfect cylinder with the grooves.

It's likely that MEMT just ramdomly uses 1 of the 2 splitters (tapered and straight) - basically whatever they have on hand at the time. The MEMT X7 and X9 uses the same straight cylinder (with grooves) and the same cable, but they use a different mic control than the X5.
After looking through some aliexpress reviews, I've found a couple of other perfect barrel y splitters

Strange how there they inconsistently use 2 different y splitters

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #29,366 of 63,900
this helps bro thanks...
Don't expect too much of a difference

The reason you received a lot of joke responses are because burning in is a very polarizing topic, which tends to be associated as a "snake oil" type of thing.

However placebo is a thing, and burning in won't do anything negative to your IEMs (as long as you aren't blasting the volume like Slater warned), so feel free to do it if you want

Mar 22, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #29,367 of 63,900
Test tracks:
Pink Floyd- Welcome to the Machine and Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Allman Brothers- Ain't Wastin' Time No More and Dreams
Also selections of trance mixes from our friend @Lifted Andreas - Really good stuff! Check out the links in his signature line!

I have just done some A/B listening between the two. They have a somewhat similar signature and loudness level.

The CM5 extends both higher and lower with a more engaging, enveloping sound. It also has less mid-bass bloat and slightly more midrange, making vocals stand out more clearly and giving a more 3D sound to many tracks, notably the Hammond organ in Dreams. Sub bass was brought out in Welcome to the Machine's synth bass parts.

The difference between the two? Tracks on the CM5 seem more real (to me at least). The ZST, while a very nice sounding IEM, was a bit more boxy and constrained in it's signature. Of course, everyone hears things differently and may completely think my comparison is rubbish. Fair enough.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll try to answer...

Thanks for the kind words mate. Glad you enjoyed listening to my Trance mixes! They're great for burning in too, as well as listening... if you like Trance that is. :)

Also, how you described the sound of the CM5 is how I think the TRN v20 sounds like, to me at least. Probably with a bit less sub-bass and mids not quite as forward, but still a very clear presentation overall.

Honestly cannot wait till I try the CM5 (and doing a proper comparison with the v20), still deciding which size to get. Probably will get the large CM5.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #29,368 of 63,900
Must resist the temptation of CM5... i already have 2 earphones incoming :sob:

By the way, is the zs10 the only one being released in a few?

Resistance is Futile, however imo They are well worth it especially if get them for the 11.99 Amazon USA price. I got
Must resist the temptation of CM5... i already have 2 earphones incoming :sob:

By the way, is the zs10 the only one being released in a few?

Resistance is Futile! But don't worry, They are totally worth it imo! Especially at the 11.99 Amaxon USA price...

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #29,369 of 63,900
Resistance is Futile, however imo They are well worth it especially if get them for the 11.99 Amazon USA price. I got

Resistance is Futile! But don't worry, They are totally worth it imo! Especially at the 11.99 Amaxon USA price...

Yes, in the end, resistance was futile, so I ordered a pair at the great Amazon price. Interesting to see so many comments about the CM5 in a KZ thread! lol....

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #29,370 of 63,900
Yes, in the end, resistance was futile, so I ordered a pair at the great Amazon price. Interesting to see so many comments about the CM5 in a KZ thread! lol....

Well it looks like they ship to UK too, I'm just debating whether to order them or not. It will cost me like $20 in total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back