Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 18, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #29,207 of 63,834
TAMING THE TREBLE OF THE KZ KS6 III - OR RATHER NOT?

Followed Slater's advice and narrowed the tip using the interior of another tip. Does it work? I have not dared to try it yet :jack_o_lantern:

mod.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #29,208 of 63,834
Thanks again, they do go for a significantly higher price on GearBest, i want the red one's, but does that nozzle actually make a difference? I wish they still had the blue/grey ones :cry:

Yeah, the grey ones are much higher in cost. Why, I have no clue. There’s literally no difference in them vs the other colors (other than SOME of the grey ones having a lip).

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #29,209 of 63,834
TAMING THE TREBLE OF THE KZ KS6 III - OR RATHER NOT?

Followed Slater's advice and narrowed the tip using the interior of another tip. Does it work? I have not dared to try it yet :jack_o_lantern:

I can’t take credit for that one. Our creative Russian friends came up with that mod.

Interestingly, the thing you did with the cut one is similar to one part of the BlitzWolf ES1 mod. The modders used it to tame the ES1’s treble as well. The major differences with the BlitzWolf vs the ZS6 mod is that in the BlitzWolf 1). you use 1 mm Sorbothane (cut to very specific dimensions) and 2). you install the little partially rolled-up piece down inside of the BlitzWolf nozzle underneath the nozzle screen.

I came up with the ZS6 washer mod :)

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #29,210 of 63,834
well the nozzle is annoying from kz zs6 u cant use all tips ... the tips get stuck in the ear sometimes

The tips fall off in the ear because there’s no lip on the ZS5 and ZS6’s nozzle.

That’s the exact reason why KZ added the lip to the ZSR and (some of) the grey ZS6s.

I do know how annoying that can be though. While I’ve never had a problem with the tip falling off the ZS5 or ZS6, it does every single time I use the MEMT X5 (even though it has a lip). It’s yet another reason why I’m not a fan of the X5.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #29,211 of 63,834
I can’t take credit for that one. Our creative Russian friends came up with that mod.

Interestingly, the thing you did with the cut one is similar to one part of the BlitzWolf ES1 mod. The modders used it to tame the ES1’s treble as well. The major differences with the BlitzWolf vs the ZS6 mod is that in the BlitzWolf 1). you use 1 mm Sorbothane (cut to very specific dimensions) and 2). you install the little partially rolled-up piece down inside of the BlitzWolf nozzle underneath the nozzle screen.

I came up with the ZS6 washer mod :)
Can the sorbothane mod be done on the ZS6? It all depends on the inside of the nozzle. My Blitzwolfs contain the rolled up sorbothane, as performed by "Biodegraded" for me.

Zazaboy's recommendation of triple flange tips: cleared my ears out but didn't remove any treble.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #29,213 of 63,834
Recently received my kz zsr, and think the nozzle is too thick. I was gonna sand it down with fine grit sandpaper at desired diameter. Even with the smallest tips currently on, im not getting a good fit feels like. Also soundstage isnt as wide as my tin audio t2.

Update, tossed them. Sounded like crap and unbalanced with terrible fit. See ya.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #29,214 of 63,834
Is this the best thing out there to eliminate hissing?
The ifi Ear Buddy is cheaper, but with a bit greater output impedance (< 2.7 Ohms)

Normal adapter also work, but may change the sound, like we was saying for the ZS6.

It's all about putting some resistors in between, but then have an impedance output that can work good with the headphone used. Obviously, that affect the power needed. If the headphone is already demanding for the source, you can't use adapters.

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #29,215 of 63,834
Can the sorbothane mod be done on the ZS6? It all depends on the inside of the nozzle. My Blitzwolfs contain the rolled up sorbothane, as performed by "Biodegraded" for me.

Zazaboy's recommendation of triple flange tips: cleared my ears out but didn't remove any treble.

There’s no room down inside of the ZS6 nozzle - the BA drivers are in the way. That’s why you have to do the ZS6 mod from the outside of the nozzle (ie inside of the eartip).

The BlitzWolf is a single driver IEM, so there’s nothing blocking the inside of the nozzle. So the mod is done the ‘inside’ way.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #29,216 of 63,834
The ifi Ear Buddy is cheaper, but with a bit greater output impedance (< 2.7 Ohms)

Normal adapter also work, but may change the sound, like we was saying for the ZS6.

It's all about putting some resistors in between, but then have an impedance output that can work good with the headphone used. Obviously, that affect the power needed. If the headphone is already demanding for the source, you can't use adapters.

Looks good, but then, what's the difference between the ear buddy and the iEmatch? Does the iEmatch make the same effect plus the dynamics?

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #29,218 of 63,834
Looks good, but then, what's the difference between the ear buddy and the iEmatch? Does the iEmatch make the same effect plus the dynamics?
The dynamics thing seem to me more like advertising than else.

What counts is that:
The ear buddy damp 16dB, <2.7 impedance output.
The iEmatch have two setting, 12/24dB, <2.5/<1 ohm

Taking down everything 24dB need a lot of power for compensation.

With a ZS6, one can also use a cheap impedance adapter for get rid of the hissing, getting also less highs, and do tips rolling for make another step in the direction wanted. For example, the foam soften, while the KZ whirlwind tips make then more brighter, and i feel more bass with new bee silicon tips.

Mar 18, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #29,219 of 63,834
The dynamics thing seem to me more like advertising than else.

What counts is that:
The ear buddy damp 16dB, <2.7 impedance output.
The iEmatch have two setting, 12/24dB, <2.5/<1 ohm

Taking down everything 24dB need a lot of power for compensation.

With a ZS6, one can also use a cheap impedance adapter for get rid of the hissing, getting also less highs, and do tips rolling for make another step in the direction wanted. For example, the foam soften, while the KZ whirlwind tips make then more brighter, and i feel more bass with new bee silicon tips.

Hm, i see, does it still make sense while using a bluetooth transmitter?

Mar 18, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #29,220 of 63,834
after tip rolling the S-size ear tip that came with the ZST (starlines) on my ZS3 i just find the perfect combination ( for me ) of comfort. Even though i lose a bit of isolation not using the foam tips i think that its worth.

Now it REALLY feels as if the ZS3 were made for my ear , it just fit perfectly.

Yeah Starlines make just about everything more awesome (and better fitting)! I use them on the majority of my IEMs.

I just received a lifetime supply from that ebay link that was posted a few weeks ago (15 pair for $0.99). I got 45 pairs of M (the black Starlines) for under $3! That's ridiculous, as in the past I've paid $0.99 for ONE single SML set!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back