Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #29,086 of 63,939
Sorry if I haven´t expressed myself clearly. iMM-6 is great product, I still think you can measure even full-size headphone with it.
By investment i ment I can have for example Tinaudio T2 for the same price, tough decision :D

I gotcha. Yes, it's all about priorities.

Since I mod so much, it was important for me to get some way to subjectively measure gear, vs just relying on my ears. But at the same time, I am on a budget. The calibrated iMM-6 paired with a low cost coupler was the most affordable way to obtain that goal (and it’s surprisingly accurate).

You can spend tens of thousands of dollars on FR measurement setups! I certainly don't have that kind of money to burn LOL

burn money.gif

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #29,087 of 63,939
You can buy it from Ebay here for approx. $40 shipped. I´m still not sure if this is gonna be a good investment in the future..
Amazon has it here for $23.95. If you order a set of eartips or whatever to get the order over $25, it ships for free, (at least in the US). Amazon free shipping is just a little faster than Gearbest paid shipping, lol.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #29,088 of 63,939
Amazon has it here for $23.95. If you order a set of eartips or whatever to get the order over $25, it ships for free, (at least in the US). Amazon free shipping is just a little faster than Gearbest paid shipping, lol.

I think they were looking for alternative outlets, as @Radek Jandl and @CoiL are located outside of the US.

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #29,090 of 63,939
got the kz edr1 today pretty cheap imho and they are pretty legit ... I wish I didnt bought the kz zs6 lol ... zs6 got more clarity..but kz edr1 has more bass... but I like the kz edr1 sound signature more... for some tracks.. more bass would be better.. hope kz ate has more bass

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #29,091 of 63,939
got the kz edr1 today pretty cheap imho and they are pretty legit ... I wish I didnt bought the kz zs6 lol ... zs6 got more clarity..but kz edr1 has more bass... but I like the kz edr1 sound signature more... for some tracks.. more bass would be better.. hope kz ate has more bass

EDR1 has more sub bass IMO. ATE is very natural sounding with a good soundstage. It’s good for rock, acoustic, vocals, etc.

Wow, you are a serious bass head if you want more sub bass than the EDR1. If you swap the stock tips for Starlines tips, that will maximize the bass on the EDR1.

ATE needs wide bore tips to really shine.

Mar 14, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #29,092 of 63,939
EDR1 has more sub bass IMO. ATE is very natural sounding with a good soundstage. It’s good for rock, acoustic, vocals, etc.

Wow, you are a serious bass head if you want more sub bass than the EDR1. If you swap the stock tips for Starlines tips, that will maximize the bass on the EDR1.

ATE needs wide bore tips to really shine.

The subbass is great on edr1 need a bit more bass but its still ok.. I tryed the starlines tips... its great.. but i have ostry tips on them to optimize it for the vocals and the bass.. for my liking

Mar 14, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #29,096 of 63,939
This + no tubing/damping -> Mount Everest incoming. Maybe a couple of them.

Depends on how they tune the crossover.

My guess is the DD will be sub bass and bass, (2) of the BAs will be dedicated to midrange, and the other (2) BAs will be for treble.

We'll know soon enough.

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #29,097 of 63,939

My guess is the DD will be sub bass and bass, (2) of the BAs will be dedicated to midrange, and the other (2) BAs will be for treble.

We'll know soon enough.

I second this. I think they will use 2 of the BAs used in ZS6 with higher impedance just to keep them in check. That would be the first logical step. Pricing is very concerning though, it will be BY FAR the cheapest 4BA IEM. The least expensive one with 4 BAs and by coincidence 1DD as well is Rhythmos SD7 (140$+). There are also some DIY builds mostly in SE846 shells which pretty much all suck as far as I've seen (they are also 100$+).

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #29,098 of 63,939

We'll know soon enough.

..... now that's just wishful thinking....

i'd love for the dynamic's role to be solely support for the bottom end, but i've yet to see a hybrid set up this way. (even though it's the way it should be...)

you and i both know.... it will be a full range dynamic, with sprinkled BAs in certain areas. lets hope they prove me wrong.

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #29,099 of 63,939

We'll know soon enough.

I'd bet you or close but I'd call it

DD = Low freq
1 BA = Bass / Lower Mid
1 BA = Mid
1 BA = High
1 BA = Ultra High

I say that because KZ has paired the 2 BA High/Ultra High on several occasions before and I don't see them moving away from that part of the arrangement.

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #29,100 of 63,939
1 BA = Bass / Lower Mid

This is where the issue lies, especially if they use the 30095 shown in the promotional ZS10 video. The 30095 is not really effective at bass frequencies.

They do make specialized bass BA drivers - Knowles makes a dual BA for sub bass/bass that is used in some multi-BA (only) IEMs. Magaosi K5 is one such example.

But KZ hasn’t used anything like that in the past. Nothing is to say they won’t use one in the future. But dynamic drivers are cheap and effective for the purposes of sub bass (and even filling in the full range), which is why every KZ has always had at least 1 dynamic driver in every hybrid they’ve ever produced (at least through the end of 2018).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back