Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 15, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #29,116 of 64,012
I saw a picture of real ZS10. It will be released this month, at similar price as ZS6.

Anyone else notice at least 2 of the BA's are inside the housing and not the nozzle similar to the ZS5v1?

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #29,117 of 64,012
Anyone else notice at least 2 of the BA's are inside the housing and not the nozzle similar to the ZS5v1?

According to the video and he exploded diagram, all 4 BAs are all grouped together in a 2x2 square, and the whole 2x2 square is down inside of the body.

09696D48-ADE1-41F1-A60A-73B4DE2C8939.jpeg

So yeah, I agree; no BAs are in the nozzle (ie directly under the nozzle screen like the ZST, ZSR, ZS5, and ZS6.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #29,118 of 64,012

According to the video and he exploded diagram, all 4 BAs are all grouped together in a 2x2 square, and the whole 2x2 square is inside the body.

So yeah, I agree; no BAs are in the nozzle (ie directly under the nozzle screen like the ZST, ZSR, ZS5, and ZS6.

Incoming complaints about this and then KZ moves all 4 BAs in the nozzle as a response...

Mar 15, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #29,119 of 64,012
Incoming complaints about this and then KZ moves all 4 BAs in the nozzle as a response...

It just means that you're going to need a longer needle to reach the recessed BA drivers for modding with foam/gauze tape/tea bag paper. Personally i think that this is an appropriate move for where the drivers should be, however time will tell once the ZS10's hit the hands of the consumers. If the launch price is around the ZS6's price i'll probably jump on board. I just hope that it isn't just more of the same drivers just augmenting the treble spikes/sibilance issues that seem to plague the ZS6/ZS5's without proper modding.

Mar 15, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #29,120 of 64,012

Haha, ain’t that the truth.

Something else to keep in mind as multi-BA IEMs become more and more common, is that it gets harder if not near impossible to detect when 1 or more BAs is either DOA, miswired out of phase, or otherwise not working in some way. This is especially true when there’s a full range dynamic driver backing them up.

I mean, how many of us would really know that 1 of the 2 BAs in the ZS6 isn’t even working (was never connected from the factory, got fried out from aggressive burn-in, etc), much less 1 of the 4 in the ZSR.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #29,122 of 64,012
got the kz ate today ... and they are freaking good best kz so far .. sound signature is amazing... my favourite kz so far... its even better kz edr1 kz zs6 and kz es3 ... cant believe they are soo cheap ... they provide very natural sound... and nice mids... cant believe I payed so cheap... kz ate is a nice little gem .. this gem needs be more known here

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #29,123 of 64,012
got the kz ate today ... and they are freaking good best kz so far .. sound signature is amazing... my favourite kz so far... its even better kz edr1 kz zs6 and kz es3 ... cant believe they are soo cheap ... they provide very natural sound... and nice mids... can believe I payed so cheap... kz ate is a nice little gem .. this gem needs be more known here

Yeah, it's strength is the natural sound for sure (and the nice midrange as you mentioned). I haven't heard any other KZs quite like it. The ATE-S and ATR are not the same (although I undrstand that the newest version of the ATR shares the same driver).

The ATE is also surpringly comfortable to wear as well (although a lot of people dislike the weighted 'beads', they actually work surpringly well).

The ATE really shines if you not only use wide bore tips (ie turbo/whirlwind), but that you push the tip down all the way to the bottom, like this:

wide-bore-all-the-way-down.jpg

There are also (more advanced) mods you can do to the ATE that make them just epic sounding.

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #29,124 of 64,012
The ATE really shines if you not only use wide bore tips (ie turbo/whirlwind), but that you push the tip down all the way to the bottom, like this:

Funny, but that's exactly how i use my ATR, but using a sony tips instead

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #29,125 of 64,012
Mar 15, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #29,129 of 64,012
Mar 15, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #29,130 of 64,012
Unless you're buying enough to get to $100 and their free shipping, the $6.95 shipping fee gets it very close to the Amazon price which has free prime shipping. Worth considering if that applies to you where to purchase.

I don't do prime so didn't look at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back