Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 27, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #26,566 of 63,917
Finally got my ZS6 that I ordered in November. Cost me about 22 dollars on Gearbest. I'm gonna compare it to the ZST since I've had them almoust a year. The instrument separation is on a whole another level, highs are more crisp, mids and bass is not muddy like they are on ZST. I was afraid that the bulky design is gonna give me comfort issues but for my surprise they fit much better than the ZST. They don't fall off my ears and doesn't cause any pain. I think they fit so much better because the nozzle is much shorter than on the ZST. And now to the negative part - they are horrible treble cannons straight outta box. The S's and gimbals are so harsh that I cannot listen them. But I'm optimistic because my Xiaomi Hybrid PRO HD's(the more rounded, triple driver version) were pretty siblant too at the first. Couple of nights of pink noise cured that for me.

The manual says something about burn-in too but I really can't understand that horrible English :-D 5 minutes on medium volume? Any song? Really?

Same happened with my ZS5, treble cannon at start but I let it burn for 40Hrs with 1More Assistant app and now they sound totally different. I like them now.

Dec 27, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #26,567 of 63,917
It is a decent price but if you're willing to wait the Gearbest thread has deal prices on either the ZS5 or ZS6 every other week or more frequently. Usually under $25 for the ZS6.

Even if there were never sales I would consider $30 to be a damn good price in relation to the SQ and build you get.

So, yeah.

Dec 27, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #26,568 of 63,917
Same happened with my ZS5, treble cannon at start but I let it burn for 40Hrs with 1More Assistant app and now they sound totally different. I like them now.

Same here. I started EQing less and less as time went on. They sound fine to me now without EQ after 1-2months of use.

Dec 27, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #26,569 of 63,917
5 minutes on medium volume? Any song? Really?
My thought is that the first 5 minutes of burn-in out of the box makes the most dramatic difference. The rest is your ears and brain getting used to the sound signature a little bit at a time.
Just my opinion, after seeing response graphs earlier on this thread of a ZS6 after an hour of use compared to quite a few hours later- no change in response.

I still burn in my new earphones anyway out of habit, because it won't hurt anything and may help in some unquantifiable way...

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #26,570 of 63,917
Dec 27, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #26,571 of 63,917
Speaking of burn in, my ES3 improved over time. I forgot to burn them in and so for the the first few times I tried them they sounded harsh and brittle just straight out of my phone, they really NEEDED to be amped more to sound good. So much so that I was a little worried I was only going to be happy using them with my Fiio A3, which isn't always my first choice...I mean, I use IEMs for their superior portability and convenience, which is negated somewhat if I have to use the amp with them.
Fortunately as I have put more hours on them they have broken in and actually sound good straight out of my phone.

Dec 27, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #26,572 of 63,917
I find it interesting to show my KZ ZS5 to people not into headphones and see what they think of them...I think my favorite response so far was a friend of mine at work, as I was putting them on I said check out my new headphones, and he said, "what are those for, robots? You ordering your crap from the future now?"
I took that as a compliment.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #26,573 of 63,917
Got my kz zs6 for a month been running it for a while. However the treble is really too sharp for my liking compare to zs5. I had to use treble reducer on my iPhone to even use it. Anyone has any modification done to reduce the treble. Or do I have a faulty set.

Dec 28, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #26,577 of 63,917
Got my kz zs6 for a month been running it for a while. However the treble is really too sharp for my liking compare to zs5. Anyone got the same issue any tips to modify it.

Foam T400 tips

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #26,579 of 63,917
FOR ZS6 USERS and others

-Sibilant and treble too much? Buy new Bee tips from ebay or so. The big silicone tips are good in my case.

-Get better tips such as https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bee-Me...hash=item3f8b9f227b:m:m_VFisNJ9pxfecJLYC7d1Dg
and enjoy better sound. (Gives better seal,as KZ tips tend to be quite thin,but these fix that)

Poll: What powers your IEMs?
-In my case i use, ZTE Axon 7 with asahi kasei DAC in it,drives KZ IEMs very well!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back