Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 4, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #22,786 of 63,834
Also someone more familiar with music theory can correct me here maybe but... I was under the impression that 10kHz is well outside the range of most fundamentals unless you're listening to like a pipe organ. And doubling the power of a subtle overtone is still a very subtle change indeed - not a blaring 10kHz sine wave slamming into your ear with the fury of an unleashed banshee, which is what I feel like people are expecting from that measurement. :p
Yes this is very true. Very very few instruments go above 10k

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #22,787 of 63,834
I would think that fit wouldn't really have much impact on resonance. If the frequency produced by the driver match the resonance frequency of the shell then you would get a high peak on that particular frequency. But considering the high frequency drivers are pointing straight at the eardrum through the nozzle, I dont see a way how resonance would be an issue. It could certainly be an issue in the zs5 v1 where one of the high frequency ba driver were pointing at the shell but no body had an issue with nuclear treble in those leading me to the conclusion that resonance wasn't an issue in zs5 v1 either.
I think you might be misunderstanding me - resonance in the IEM itself is something entirely different and has to do with the shape and materials of the IEM itself. And you're right, that sort of resonance shouldn't be effected much by fit.

I'm talking about resonance in the IEM+coupler vs IEM+ear canal systems, which also include the air volume enclosed as well as the materials of the coupler / ear canal as variables.

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #22,788 of 63,834
I think you might be misunderstanding me - resonance in the IEM itself is something entirely different and has to do with the shape and materials of the IEM itself. And you're right, that sort of resonance shouldn't be effected much by fit.

I'm talking about resonance in the IEM+coupler vs IEM+ear canal systems, which also include the air volume enclosed as well as the materials of the coupler / ear canal as variables.
My bad. So you were talking about the resonance while taking measurements instead of actual resonance that might occur when wearing the iems?

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #22,790 of 63,834
Interesting talk gentlemen.

I think the very first ZS6's were too hot and kz tried to recall them.

They probably got rid of the 8k spike but left the 10k spike for overtones. If I am understanding the discussion correctly. :call_me:

Oct 5, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #22,794 of 63,834
zs6 arrived right now. not a hero, but in a few hours or so, my FR measurements of zs6, zs5 v1, and es3, will be available using different tips and cables.
Should be receiving the green version of the ZS6 (from the 2nd or whatever batch, at least it's definitely not the first the black one I measured is from) in the following days, and will then be able to see if they really have changed anything in that short period of time (rather doubt it).

Getting interesting. Cool!

Oct 5, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #22,796 of 63,834
Not sure which stock cable you mean? Pretty much all replaceable KZ cables come with memory wires.
But I meant that as a method for adding a memory wire — as a reply to the comment that you can remove a memory wire, but not add a new one :wink:
It's just that i have read someone say that, taking away the covering material on the rubber cable sold with the ZS3-5, they dint find a memory wire, but i haven't try myself. Maybe it's just me, but with good positioning, i think that the memory effect can help me maintain a firm seal.
Anyway, your advice is correct :wink:

Oct 5, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #22,797 of 63,834
I receieved my es3 and bluetooth cable yesterday. seemed to have more bass than zst.
I also compared my zst colorful vs zst carbon, and found that the zst carbon had more tiresome treble. so i think I'll have to mod it if i want to use it.
My zst carbon was an earlier batch, where the cable didn't have memory wire.

So far i'm happy with the es3 coupled to the bluetooth cable :ksc75smile:

Oct 5, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #22,799 of 63,834
It's just that i have read someone say that, taking away the covering material on the rubber cable sold with the ZS3-5, they dint find a memory wire, but i haven't try myself. Maybe it's just me, but with good positioning, i think that the memory effect can help me maintain a firm seal.
Anyway, your advice is correct :wink:

I can tell you for sure the factory ZS5 cable (black sheath covered wire) as well as both silver and gold after market KZ cables have memory wire.

Memories.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back