Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 20, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #20,057 of 63,977
@slaterlovesspam (and everybody else)...
I tried to push a different material down ZS3's red nozzle, but i messed up and inserted a piece which is too small. When i tried to get it out i ended up only pushing it deeper. :face_palm:

Do you have any i idea how i could get it out? :sweat:
I'm guessing you can't get small tweezers done there but if you can still see it, how about dipping a pinhead in glue (not too much of course) and pushing that gently inside until it makes contact with the material you're trying to retrieve? Or is that just not possible?

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #20,058 of 63,977
Try a baby nose cleaning pump to suck it out. If you dont have one at hand that would be because you dont have a baby yet. Thus try make a baby first. Of course, it will suck more than the material out of your unit.

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #20,060 of 63,977
Still haven't received my ZS5 from gearbest!

Ordered on June 20th, spoke to George on here and he said to message their support, their support kept saying wait for 60 days.

Messages then again after 60 days and now receiving no response from them.

Has anyone received one of the "on sale" ZS5 from gearbest?
I got mine. Took a bit over a month to receive.

Aug 20, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #20,061 of 63,977
I'm guessing you can't get small tweezers done there but if you can still see it, how about dipping a pinhead in glue (not too much of course) and pushing that gently inside until it makes contact with the material you're trying to retrieve? Or is that just not possible?

Thanks for replaying.
The red tube is super small, only a needle would work.
I think the driver is at the end of the tube so im afraid of poking it and damaging it.

Maybe opening up the shell would help? is it safe and easy to do it?

Aug 20, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #20,062 of 63,977
Try a baby nose cleaning pump to suck it out. If you dont have one at hand that would be because you dont have a baby yet. Thus try make a baby first. Of course, it will suck more than the material out of your unit.

I did what you said and things have gone horribly wrong!!
2c9c4a8aa920aa97c4c1f7fd140a8275--family-guy-i-griffin.jpg

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #20,064 of 63,977
Thanks for replaying.
The red tube is super small, only a needle would work.
I think the driver is at the end of the tube so im afraid of poking it and damaging it.

Maybe opening up the shell would help? is it safe and easy to do it?
I'm sure there's far more in this thread but I turned this up on a quick search: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1165#post-13479974

Sounds like you need to be relatively careful since you're using heat to soften the glue but don't want to shrink the sound tube.

Aug 21, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #20,066 of 63,977
KZ Headphones must be the worst in earphones EVER! (sarcasm). I am sitting at my desk with the following earphones in front of me:

Kinera H3 ($99)
Audio Technica IM50 ($80)
TFZ Series 5S ($82)
Sennheiser Momentums (in ear) ($99)
Sennheiser CX 980 ($250)
KEF M200 ($199)
KZ ZS3 ($12)
KZ ZST ($19)

And I am constatly looking for an excuse to use more expensive headphones instead of the KZ models. Even the KZ ZS3 that I bought on ebay for 9 EUR are a joy to listen to compared to the Sennheisers or the Kefs (the Kef's I find unbearable due to comfort issues, but anyway).

So I have over $800 worth of earphones when I could have just bought a pair of KZ ZS3 for $12 and spent the rest on alcohol and hookers. What gives?

I am not saying that the KZ's are better than the others. But to my ears, they sound just as good.

I kind of feel stupid right now. I read review after review when the reviewers swears that the 'new_model_of_earphone_x' for $49 sounds well above its price range, competing with earphones as expensive as $100 or even $200, then you buy it and its like 'meh', and you have to keep looking the the pie in the sky, and spending your hard earned cash for the next pair or earphones. Surely this time it will be different, I am sure they will sound that much better, but they never do. Keep trying. Keep spending. Keep it real.

I would love your thoughts on the H3 vs the ZS5s. Mostly cause I want to know if it's either better/different enough to warrant the purchase, because if it's a side grade or a tonal overlap might as well put my money towards something else.

Aug 21, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #20,067 of 63,977
@slaterlovesspam (and everybody else)...
I tried to push a different material down ZS3's red nozzle, but i messed up and inserted a piece which is too small. When i tried to get it out i ended up only pushing it deeper. :face_palm:
Oh, that's too bad. :frowning2: That's one of my worries when I attempted to re-insert the black foam which was stuck on the adhesive behind the red mesh/screen thingy. I ended up removing the black foam but still retain the red filters, though, as I like the sound better that way.

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #20,070 of 63,977
On to the negative(s) of the ZS5. The resolution, it's not a resolving IEM. The definition of the sound is not fine, and it's slightly thick. Different from an iem that is capable of outputting more definition to the sound. I realized this when I tested out high quality recordings. The pattern is that for electronic, and modern music, it sounds great, but for higher quality recordings(that is capable of revealing high resolution), it's not as a transparent in sense of resolvability.
it's inevitable that after the initial wave of gushing praise for the latest-and-greatest, the more critical evaluations (as well as outright haters) come forward. personally, having spent more time with the zs5 i remain a fan, if not a cultist. as silverears states, it's not a highly transparent/resolving piece, and i still feel low end isn't seamlessly blended into the rest of the spectrum. however, they pass the most important test, which is how fun they are to listen to--i find myself grabbing them more often than my numerous other, more analytical/audiophile-tuned iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back