Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 16, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #16,546 of 63,916
  That probably was a joke, but in the case it wasn't: the whole purpose of listening to sound to your brain is to have a true objectively best audio experience, so there would probably only be identical technologies by different brands that sound objectively the best in everyone's perspective. If it didn't, it would defeat that purpose.

It was a half-joke, actually. I seriously doubt the technology would be implemented so cleanly as you envision. And I honestly think the situation would be similar to the headphone one we have now - all these different brands offering these different tunings, often at outrageous prices. So, I do believe ther'll be brain transmitters that transmit a more "flat" signal, those who transmit a bit more "bass" to your brain, or those who do something else. I know it would defeat the purpose of the tech, but the audio industry is still an industry, and when money talks, the purpose somehow often tends to get defeated.

I mean, look at all the freedom the Internet gives in everything. How to, then, explain the "This music/video is not available in your country" BS I have to look at every day that's at least 20 years outdated, yet is still here, and will be for the foreseeable future?

EDIT: And yeah, I think KZ will have the best brain transmitter's for the buck.
normal_smile .gif

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #16,552 of 63,916
i just make order base on what genre i listen to and kzs3 is the only choice that suit my taste.

The RX and ED3c/m/"The Acme" follow the same signature as the ZS3 and would be a good alternatives, especially if you want a more traditional housing. The ZS3 is a bit more capable than either of those, but not by much, RX in particular.

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #16,553 of 63,916
The RX and ED3c/m/"The Acme" follow the same signature as the ZS3 and would be a good alternatives, especially if you want a more traditional housing. The ZS3 is a bit more capable than either of those, but not by much, RX in particular.
zs3 is more towards to bass heavy because im basshead person and that's way i purchase the zs3,i don't like the traditional looking cuz i prefer more to over ear style and expensive look. Ed3 and rx by far,how they sound compare to zs3?.

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #16,554 of 63,916
zs3 is more towards to bass heavy because im basshead person and that's way i purchase the zs3,i don't like the traditional looking cuz i prefer more to over ear style and expensive look. Ed3 and rx by far,how they sound compare to zs3?.

ZS3 is NOT a bass head earphones. Did not expect that. I found them quite balanced with a very nice enhancement on bass. But it is by no means a basshead earphone.

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #16,555 of 63,916
ZS3 is NOT a bass head earphones. Did not expect that. I found them quite balanced with a very nice enhancement on bass. But it is by no means a basshead earphone.

Well...that depends on what you consider as a bass head!  ZS3 definitely is bass heavy.  Whether it's enough for a bass head depends on how much bass that bass head wants.  I would expect most bass heads would find them strong enough, and those who want things to 11 can just tweak the EQ some more.

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #16,556 of 63,916
  Well...that depends on what you consider as a bass head!  ZS3 definitely is bass heavy.  Whether it's enough for a bass head depends on how much bass that bass head wants.  I would expect most bass heads would find them strong enough, and those who want things to 11 can just tweak the EQ some more.

Yeah, I agree. I'm a basshead and the ZN3 are plenty for me. They easily have as much bass as the ED9, which are considered a basshead IEM. I would think any more and it would risk sounding muddy and artificially boosted, or losing the additional detail the ZN3 has.

One can always roll tips to get even more bass on the ZN3 - DIY hybrid tips, Spiral Dots, wide flanges, etc. Or EQ as you pointed out.

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #16,557 of 63,916
Folks:  

What is the diameter of the kz headphones?  (KZ ATE, it it matters)  I'd like to get http://www.complyfoam.com/Compatibility# and don't which diameter to get

Thanks!

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #16,558 of 63,916
Ok i just ordered zs3.

Where did you buy them from? Also, please let me know how you find them.

I've got mine connected to my laptop and I don't really find them bass heavy. The sound is equal to these Panasonic earbuds I have:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-RP-HJE125E-K-Ergo-Ear-Headphone-Black/dp/B00CBU0IV8/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I've been offered a refund or a replacement by Gearbest. Not sure what to do, but perhaps I could try the Zircon's? I heard they're bass heavy. 

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #16,559 of 63,916
The ZS3 are "bass heavy" in audiophile terms, but when compared to consumer v shaped stuff they sound balanced imo.

Mar 17, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #16,560 of 63,916
Where did you buy them from? Also, please let me know how you find them.

I've got mine connected to my laptop and I don't really find them bass heavy. The sound is equal to these Panasonic earbuds I have:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-RP-HJE125E-K-Ergo-Ear-Headphone-Black/dp/B00CBU0IV8/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I've been offered a refund or a replacement by Gearbest. Not sure what to do, but perhaps I could try the Zircon's? I heard they're bass heavy. 
why, where you did you buy them, zs3 should not sound equal to hje 125 thats crap or maybe you got faulty one cuz kz qc not good.

Link to zs3 https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32778123444.html#autostay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back