Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 15, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #16,532 of 63,916
Are kz zst are good in edm music?

I like their presentation of EDM. They have good deep and taught bass but they aren't for bassheads.
It's all subjective to the listener of course, but the way they are tuned is to bring out the fun in music listening while trying to cater to a broad spectrum of tastes.

All I know is I like their sound with my sources and go back to them over headphones and IEMs I've bought costing from double to ten times the price. :blush:

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #16,533 of 63,916
I have received my KZ ZS3 (mic) from Gearbest. Boy oh boy I'm having a hard time getting a good fit in my ear. It's consistently falling out. 

Just out of curiosity, is there any difference in sound quality between the mic and non-mic versions? The sound quality is just like my Panasonic earphones that I got from Amazon. I expected something a bit better - at least a little bit more bass. 

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #16,534 of 63,916
I have received my KZ ZS3 (mic) from Gearbest. Boy oh boy I'm having a hard time getting a good fit in my ear. It's consistently falling out. 

Just out of curiosity, is there any difference in sound quality between the mic and non-mic versions? The sound quality is just like my Panasonic earphones that I got from Amazon. I expected something a bit better - at least a little bit more bass. 

possible reverse pin connections........see that L and R marks of the cable matches the left and right on the earpieces.

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #16,537 of 63,916

You haven't got a seal in the ear, when you have the ZS3 are on the bassy side. If they're falling out then something is wrong, is the cable over your ear?

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #16,538 of 63,916

You haven't got a seal in the ear, when you have the ZS3 are on the bassy side. If they're falling out then something is wrong, is the cable over your ear?

I'm with Vidal on this one and of course you have already mentioned them falling out so you are not getting a good seal. I'd tip roll until I found a good sealing pair. Over ear with the KZ silver plate worked best for me with Auvio's once I cut that stupid ear guide/protector off, man are those things annoying
rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #16,539 of 63,916

Managed to get a better seal by switching the ear buds. Still no bass. Did I receive a dud pair? I presume Gearbest is a reliable source for the earphones, right? 

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #16,540 of 63,916
  Managed to get a better seal by switching the ear buds. Still no bass. Did I receive a dud pair? I presume Gearbest is a reliable source for the earphones, right? 

If both lack bass then they're not faulty, you just still haven't got a seal in the ear canal yet. If one on it's own was lacking bass then it might be a fault but to get two is too much of a coincidence. 

There mustn't be any gap between the eartip and the ear-canal wall, even a slight one will kill the bass.

Gearbest are spot on for KZ stuff

Mar 15, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #16,541 of 63,916

If both lack bass then they're not faulty, you just still haven't got a seal in the ear canal yet. If one on it's own was lacking bass then it might be a fault but to get two is too much of a coincidence. 

There mustn't be any gap between the eartip and the ear-canal wall, even a slight one will kill the bass.

Gearbest are spot on for KZ stuff

Does the wire matter (mic v no mic)?

Mar 15, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #16,542 of 63,916
No

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #16,543 of 63,916
That probably was a joke, but in the case it wasn't: the whole purpose of listening to sound to your brain is to have a true objectively best audio experience, so there would probably only be identical technologies by different brands that sound objectively the best in everyone's perspective. If it didn't, it would defeat that purpose.

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #16,544 of 63,916

If you have't already tried this, I recommend swapping to the largest size tip and working your way down from there to something that provides the best combination of sound and comfort. I generally use medium sized tips but with shallow fit earphones like the ZS3 often find myself moving up to large tips to get a proper seal. No bass is almost always a seal issue so if you're still not getting anything out of them after trying various tips sizes, they could possibly be a dud. Maybe have someone else try them too, just to get a second opinion.

Gearbest is legit. *thumbs up*

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #16,545 of 63,916

For the ZK ATE, it helps a lot to pass the cables over the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back